Sunday, April 5, 2009

Jade Lee - Dragonbound

Jade Lee
Dragonbound - Book 2

April 2009

Buy
here
Jade's Website

Back Cover: Horrific are a dragon’s claws, its fiery breath and buffeting wings. Potent is its body, fraught with magic down to the very last glistening scale. But most fearsome of all is a dragon’s cunning—and the soul that allows it to bond with humans. Sabina was the one girl of her generation chosen as Dragonmaid, friend and caregiver to the copper dragon of her nation’s tyrant king. There she witnessed the greed, lust and rage such a beast could incite—and acquired her own very dark secret.

I read Dragonborn when it released last year and thought it was a wonderful new fantasy romance. I had hoped that there would be more in this exciting new world, and was elated when I first came across Dragonbound.

Dragonbound expands on previous characters in Dragonborn, Sabina and the Copper, Cordain. We learn more of the past with Jaseen, Natiya and her dragon scholar parents. I was a little worried when I began reading and every other chapter went back in time retelling Sabina's years as a dragonmaid. But the set-up was perfect. You get such an in-depth look at Sabina and the Emporor Dag Racho, and the bond that is slowly formed over the many years that Sabina was the dragonmaid to the copper, Cordain.

Jade Lee is an amazing fantasy romance author. I am so glad she stepped into this genre. I hope to see more in this wonderful world. This may be a fanstasy world with dragons, dragon eggs, and lands ready to war with one another, but the focus remainded heavily on the characters. Sabina's growth as she went from child to woman, the life she lived, and suffered, was so tragic and so well-told. Jade Lee has a fabulous writing voice that sucks you into the story, makes you feel what the characters feel.

Dragonborn and Dragonbound are two awesome and imaginitive books. Jade Lee's take on dragons and their relationship with humans is refreshingly original and it would be truly sad if there were no more in this series.

I'd recommend these books to anyone who loves a good fantasy romance and dragons!

Dragonborn
Book One



29 comments:

Lea said...

Amy!

Hey girl, great to see your post! I hope all is well with you. :)

Thanks for the heads-up with respect to this Jade Lee book, I do like dragon stories and am going to add her to my list (that now stretches to China, but nontheless...) lol...

((HUGS))
Hope to chat soon.
L

Anna said...

Great Review! I love Dragon stories. I'm eventually gonna get to this series. :)

Blodeuedd said...

I havem't read antything by her but judging from your review I would like to :)

azteclady said...

Amy!!!!!!

*tackle* *hug* thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

[my mail box is still otherwise empty but this was the loveliest of surprises--you are the sweetest of the sweet!]


*ahem*

Amy C said...

Hi Lea :) Jade's dragon books are definitely worth adding to your list!

Ann, these two books I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy too!

And Blodeuedd, with your tastes in books, I think these two would be good for you also :).

Amy C said...

azteclady! I'm so glad you got it :) and that you had a good mail day! Good mail days always make me smile! I'm happy now. Thank you and your very welcome :).

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Amy!

Your review is awesome!! You really connected with this author and characters! I look for these two, fantasy is another favorite!!

Dottie :)

Amy C said...

Thanks, Dottie. Definitely add them to your tbr if you like fantasy!

Renee said...

Dragons and romance. 2 of my favorite things! :-) I haven't read anything by Jade Lee, so I must check these out.

BTW, I finished Night's Rose, and loved it! I'm working on a review, and hopefully I'll post it tomorrow. Thanks again for the rec!

Amy C said...

oops, Anna, I left off your a :).

Renee, Yay! I'm so glad you loved Night's Rose! I'm so hoping for a menage in the second book. I asked Ms. Evans and she steered me to a few of her books that might give a hint as to what we might expect...and they were erotic menage :). So I'm thinking there is going to be some three way action in book two!

Jade Lee is really good. I enjoy her historical books also. I've only read a few but they are set in China. It's definitely not a popular location choice which makes for a nice change sometimes.

VampFanGirl said...

I love this cover. The dragon is amazing!

Great Review AmyC!

:) VFG

Blanche said...

I love dragons!! This sounds like a great book!! :)

Renee said...

Way cool! I was hopin'. ;-)

I saw Jade Lee's recent category romance reviewed over at DA, but it didn't seem my thing. The dragon books seem more up my alley, but I'll have to see about the historicals.

Eva S said...

I love dragon books! I've read some of her Tigress-books and The Dragon Earl, I liked them and I'll look for these books, thanks!

Amy C said...

Hey Blanche and Eva, Dragons are pretty neat :).

I have the Dragon Earl and a few other books in her Tigress series still to read. I hope you like these ones too, Eva. I think you will if you like her other books.

Renee, I think if you wanted to try a different kind of historical sometime I would recommend Jade Lee. They are good. ANd it gives you some insight on the Chinese culture and some of their history.

Erotic Horizon said...

Hey Amy,

Great commentary on this book....

That's another one for my weekend of reading....

I absolutely love the cover....


E.H>

Amy C said...

Hi E.H., I agree, the cover is nice! One thing though, I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing...the cover of Dragonborn is so similar to Dragonbound, I wonder if someone would get them confused and think they read Dragonbound thinking its Dragonborn. They really are that close in appearance. I'll add it to the post, if you should happen back by to take a peek :). I love them both and I think it's neat how close they look to each other, but I just wonder if people may get confused.

Cecile said...

Good Morning Amy!! Wonderful review you did!! I am not into the dragon scene, but you make me want to put this on my list of TBB books!
Hope all is well!!! :)

Jade Lee said...

Hello all! I'm a day late to the party, but hopefully you'll forgive me! Anyway, I'm thrilled you like my work. I so love writing fantasy love stories. Dragons and romance? MY FAVORITE! So, kudos to Dorchester for letting me do it. And thanks all of you who are equally loving to the two!

And yes, Dragonborn and Dragonbound have two similar titles and two similar covers, so that scares me a but. But...hopefully people will look closely. Thanks again! And if you have any questions, I'll try and pop by here a couple more times today!

Amy C said...

Well, darn it! If I had known you'd stop by, Jade, I would have let you know sooner! Thank you so much for taking the time :). I hope Dorchester publishes more of your Dragons, because they are just wonderful!

Lea said...

Hi Jade:

I'm new to your stories and on the strength of Amy's recommendation I've added them to my next book order. I haven't had the opportunity to visit your website yet and was wondering if your characters are "dragon riders", reminiscent of Anne McCaffrey's "Pern" novels? The romance plot sounds wonderful, and I think the cover art is lovely BTW.

Best Regards
Lea

Amy C said...

That's a good question, Lea. I have the first Pern book that I'd like to read!

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Amy!

I left an award on my blog for you.

Dottie :)

DeSeRt RoSe said...

Just wanted to let you know that you have an award waiting here :)

http://desertrosebooklogue.blogspot.com/2009/04/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Cecile said...

Amy C., go check out my place.... I have a special award for you!!!!
Love ya girl!!!
Cecile

Fantasy Dreamer said...

Hi Amy! I have something I would like to give you, it's over at my blog. ;)

Erotic Horizon said...

Stopping by..

Hope you and yours are enjoying the weekend together and you are of course eating as much chocolate as you can.

E.H>

Cecile said...

Hey Amy,
Everything is okay with you?? Just drop me a line if you need anything (email alliwantandmorebooks @ gmail.com). I am here for you! By the way, I wanted you to head over to my place because I left an award for you!! Love ya!

nath said...

Hmmm, Amy, do you think I can read this one without reading book #1?