Monday, April 27, 2009

Mailbox Monday

It's Monday again and it's going to be another warm beautiful day. And I have some more gardening planned! I picked up two azaleas, a blackberry plant and a raspberry bush for Devin that I need to plant today :).

I did got a couple good books in the mail last week.

I received the first Hell's Eight book by Sarah McCarty, Caine's Reckoning. I read one of her western historicals and I thought it was great. I've been wanting to read these books, since they are also published in the Harlequin Spice line, and I have loved the ones I've read so far.
The Hell's Eight is the only family he's ever needed, until he meets the only woman he's ever wanted . . . Caine Allen is a hardened Texas Ranger, definitely not the marrying kind. But when he rescues a kidnapped woman and returns her to town, the preacher calls in a favor. One Caine's honor won't let him refuse. From the moment he beds Desi, Caine knows turmoil will follow. Desi might have the face of a temptress, but she also has a will of iron and while she needs his protection, she's determined that no man will control her again. They establish an uneasy bond, but it isn't enough for Caine. He wants all Desi has to offer. He wants her screams, her moans, her demands . . . everything. Yet there's still a bounty on Desi's head, and keeping her sexually satisfied is proving easier than keeping her alive.


Warsworn by Elizabeth Vaughan, the second book in the Warlands Trilogy. Thanks to Renee for offering her copy. I'm still waiting for the first book, Warprize. I ordered a used copy but the seller couldn't find their advertised copy. So they ordered from another used seller.

And I ordered another print copy of my book. The two I had I gave away. I only wish I knew how to format it to look professional. It's kinda close, but I don't know my way around MS word well enough to get it right :).



Did ya'll get any new books either in the mailbox or at the store?




21 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Warsworn, nice :D

Well, don't ask me, lol, I am afraid I only know the basics too. And when I have computer problems I just ask my bf :)

MsMoonlight said...

Hi Amy! I've had S.McCarty's books on my TBB list for months now, but the first one wasn't available last I checked so I haven't ordered any of them yet. I got one new book (a back order) by Silvia Violet that I started reading yesterday. :o)

Jennifer St. Giles said...

Good Morning Amy! LOL, you must be so organized and together. I never seem to find the time to plant flowers, which after reading your inspiring post on the beauty of the day. I will now have to dig myself out from the computer go look at the sunshine and seriously contemplate planting some flowers.

thank you
Jennifer St. Giles

Blanche said...

Hi Amy!!

I love Sarah McCarty!!

I actually went out and picked up all the Black Dagger Brotherhood books from JR Ward this weekend!

Enjoy your beautiful weather and planting your flowers/plants!!

Tracy said...

I love Caine's Reckoning...hopefully you will too.

I've never been much of a gardener but you make me want to get out and put my hands in the dirt! lol

What issues exactly are you having with Word? Email me and I'll see if I can help. :)

Lea said...

Good Morning Amy!

No new books for me right now. I'm placing an order this week though because I need more (so not) but I can't resist. lol There are too many good ones being released in May. :)

I hope you enjoy a wonderful Monday.

((hugs))
L

azteclady said...

I got new books, I got tons of new books--and my TBR mountain range wanted to fall on my head and smother me already :hanging head in shame:

But really, it was the Romantic Times signing, what could I do???????

All those books, calling to me, begging for a good home...

Anna said...

I know its hard to believe, but I didn't get any books this past week. But I will this week. I know I have one waiting at the post office.

Cecile said...

Hey Amy!!
I actually got three new books from WM!
I got the second book in the BDB series Lover Awakened... thanks to Vampgirl! I am trying to slowing collect them all. Then I got #7 in the Kerrelyn Sparks's series of Love at Stake Forbidden Nights with a Vampire, and I also got Edge of Danger by Rhyannon Bryd. So, it was a nice day for me!!

Amy C said...

Hey Blodeuedd, I got Warprize in mail today! Definitely looking forward to reading that trilogy.

Hey MsM, on eharlequin.com there are copies of Caine's Reckoning available! And if you order before the end of the month, orders over 10 bucks has free shipping :).

Amy C said...

Hi Jennifer :), I love doing gardening, but it sure makes me tired halfway through the day, and by night, I'm done! But I so love it. I haven't done anything yet today. Went for a walk with my mom first :). I hope you do get out and do some tinkering!

Blanche! That is so cool you bought the whole BDB series! YOu are going to love them!

Tracy...go on and get dirty, it's so fun! Just not the sweaty part...ugh, I could do without getting sweaty!

Amy C said...

Good Afternoon Lea :), I hear you, I got several books due out tomorrow and the beginning of May! I don't need them, but I certainly want them!

Azteclady!! I am so happy that you had such a wonderful time at the signing! I totally agree...what could you do, but buy them!! LOL!

Anna, NO NEW BOOKS?? LOL! You better get busy and get some new ones ;).

Awesome, Cecile! You say you just got Lover Awakened, have you read the ones up to that book?

Anna said...

Yeah, I know. But I have several coming out on the 28th.

Blodeuedd said...

I can't wait to hear you thoughts on the war series then :)
To see what it's all about.

Cecile said...

No, I haven't. That is why I am collecting them before reading them... That is the OCD in me! When I have acheived all of them in my grasph, I will start reading... because once you start a series this hot and bothered (from what I am gathering... **fannin myself* at VampGirl's site), you will not want to stop!

Amy C said...

That is true, Cecile. There were only 3 books out when I discovered the series. I had the first two and had to go out right away and buy the third one after I read the first two back to back!

Erotic Horizon said...

Good set of books this week Amy..

The McCarthy one is so good..

E.H>

VampFanGirl said...

I've had the War series my Vaughan on my Wish List for a LONG time. I'm looking forward to reading what you think cause I need to get off the fence! :)

I received a copy of 'Naught Bits' in the mail on Saturday. Does that count for Mailbox Monday?? Anyway, its a collection of erotic shorts by authors like the lovey Charlotte Featherstone, Megan Hart and a bunch of other faves.

Happy Reading,
VFG

Amy C said...

Why yes ma'am, VFG, I'd say that counts as Mail Box Monday report :). You know, I thought I had won a copy of that book, but I never got it in the mail. I did see the book in the store. It has a bunch of the Spice Briefs in it. That was a pretty cool idea that harlequin had to combine several into one book for those that don't read ebooks.

VampFanGirl said...

Totally agree cause I'm really bad about ebooks. I don't have any kind of e-reader and I'm on the comp ALL day so this was great of HQN Spice.

:) VFG

Renee said...

Glad I could contribute to your mailbox Monday, sweetie!

I'm also happy to hear that Warprize came in the mail. Hope you enjoy Keir the Cat. ;-)

I won LB Gregg's Happy Ending on Friday, and gobbled it up! However, no more new books till payday on the 1st. I've got a few that I'm dying to get, including To Beguile a Beast by Eliz Hoyt and The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, both out today.

Hope you have a great week!