Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society Book Tour

I am so happy to see that a nice number of my fellow blogger friends are willing to read and pass on this wonderful book. Maybe there will be more added over the next few months as the book makes it's way around. I certainly hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. I think, due to the content, you'll appreciate the book club aspect of it, and will understand why the book prompted me to pass it along. In a way, it brings us readers together on another level beyond our blogs.

I thought maybe, if you wanted, hand write a small note with your feelings? Kinda like a small review? And stick it inside the book. Then those could get passed along with the book for others to read previous readers thoughts. It also kinda goes with the theme of the book, the whole thing being a compilation of correspondences between the characters. Of course that would be totally up to you! I also thought that maybe with your name, date, and location, you could also add one or two words that describe the book or how you feel. Those suggestions are all optional, but definitely welcome if you feel so inclined :). It's kinda like scrapbooking...you gotta journal your thoughts about the pictures, or tell whatever story that might go along with that particular page of pictures. There's totally no pressure though. I just thought it would be fun.

Blodeuedd will be the first person on the line-up to kick-off the world tour of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. From her it'll go to Eva S., since they both live in Finland! From there Eva would send it to Julie. Then Julie to Blanche. Blanche to me (because I'm a dork and want to see the book after it's been in a few hands!) Me to Cecile. Cecile to Anna. Anna to Lea. Lea to Tracy. After Tracy I'm not sure. Maybe by then someone else will want to be part of the Potato Peel Pie Society! Otherwise, Tracy would send it back to me :). *Update* Tracy gets to send it to Lori! So happy to have another added to the journey :).

Now, you all don't mind that I pass your mailing addresses on to the person who is to send you the book next, right? I'll send an email to each of you with the person's addy who you would send it to when you finish. Of course, don't forget to sign it and date it and write your thoughts if you're so inclined!

I'm so excited. I haven't been this excited over something in quite sometime!

PS-If anyone else is interested, please let me know in an email or comment :).


11 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Sounds like some great ideas, I will definitely do that :)

Amy C said...

Thanks, Blodeuedd :). I should be able to get it mailed out on Friday!

Blanche said...

This is such a wonderful idea and I can't wait for my turn to read the book!! Thanks for doing this Amy!!

Julie at Outlandish Dreaming said...

Thank Amy for doing this - I'm looking forward to reading this book and doing the whole passing on thing!

Anna said...

This is a great idea Amy, Thanks for letting me know about it. :)

Amy C said...

Thnak YOU for wanting the book to make a pit-stop in your hands! Without you all it would be another book on the bookshelf (not that I'm complaining). But one day it will be a little something more than that.

Cecile said...

Well, I already told you that this rock!!! And after I got my braces off today, I TREATED myself to Borders, and it was soooo cool because it was front and center of the store when we walked in!!! I can not wait to get my hands on it and of course I do not mind doing any and all of the above!!!

Amy C said...

Cecile, I seen a whole stack of them at B&N the other day too :). it's everywhere!

That's so awesome with your braces, you deserved to treat yourself to the bookstore!

Cecile said...

Girl, wait till this contest is over at my site... and you will see what I have been treating myself too... OH yea, you will think I robbed the book store!!! LOL!!!

Viv Arend said...

Hi Amy

Do you think I could add my name to the traveling list? I'd love to join you.

Viv

Amy C said...

You betcha, Viv! That would be totally cool! Thank you!