Friday, May 29, 2009

My Birthday Boys!

Today is my husband's birthday, man is he gettin old! And Tuesday is my son's birthday. Him too, a whole decade! I can't believe it! So tomorrow we are packing up and gonna spend the day down at Letchworth State Park. It is supposed to be absolutely beautiful. We've lived here 15 years and have never driven the two hours to check it out. I'm excited. And Devin has been wanting to go also, ever since he learned about it in school this year.

I've been busy today baking two birthday cakes (nothing fancy!) and getting things organized so we can leave in the morning. I figured we could have a picnic/birthday party for Devin down there. I got his birthday presents yesterday and today. I feel like I procrastinated this year! It's going to be a fabulous day for my little man tomorrow. I even got Devin's birthday card from his Grandpa in the mail today. He's going to be one happy camper and a whole lot richer! LOL

It'll be real nice to get away for the day. I also made reservations at one of the lodges located in the park for me and Shawn for our anniversary in July! We've been married almost 12 years now and have never once done anything just the two of us. Well, we do do something every year, we watch the fireworks on the 4th, which happens to be our anniversary also :). It's certainly a bang every year! But we have Devin. So this year, my mom is going to take Devin for the night and we are going to go down there for the 3rd. I can't miss taking Devin to see the fireworks! And then next weekend me and my mom are going to Lori Foster's! Definitely feeling good right now! And all your comments are so very much appreciated. Sunday I hope to make someone happy when I draw a name for my lovely gift bag :).

You guys are all awesome, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.


14 comments:

Eva S said...

I hope you'll have a wonderful weekend too, beautiful pictures! Congrats to your boys!

Heather D said...

I hope you guys have a wonderful time. That picture is absolutely breath taking!

This is the weekend, I guess, for travel. I am leaving my hubby at home and taking the kids to Savannah to see my dad. This is the only opportunity he will have to see my daughter before she goes off to Michigan for the summer. We won't be back until Monday, which is why hubby is staying home!

Oh and Happy Birthday to your Boys!!

Cecile said...

Oh Amy!! I am so happy to "hear" you in a much better mood my friend!!!
Your men are getting older and you keep getting younger... that is what I tell my hubby who is a few years older than me!! LOL!!
Make sure to pass Devin the Happy Birthday from me to him!!
The trip sounds absolute awesome!!! You deserve it. The pictures are fantastic!! I hope you and your lil and big men enjoy yourself!!
And the anniversary trip... well... I am glad that you two are doing something like that... The idea might rub off on hubby when I tell him about it... We have only been married 3 (which the date was Wednesday for our anniversary)... and we have not done anything just us... We have always included Brooke (who is 15)! But it is all good though!
I hope you have a wonderful, peaceful, fun-filled weekend Amy!
Cecile

Amy C said...

Thanks, Eva, I hope to have some of my own pictures like the ones up there!

Hi Heather, travel safe and I hope you enjoy your long weekend :).

Hey Cecile :). I have been mentioning something like this with the hubby for years. It's never been possible though until now, unless we wanted to take Devin with us but the idea never seemed appealing, if you know what I mean :P. We never had any family up here that could watch Devin for us for a night so that we could 'get away'. But my mom moved up here a few years ago, so I got her now! Sending good vibes your way that the idea will rub off on your hubby!! And Happy Anniversary to you, my friend!!

MsMoonlight said...

Happy birthday to your boys!
I hope you have a great time at the park, the photos are beautiful.

Anna said...

Hi Amy,

Happy Birthday to both your guys! The pictures of the park your going to look lovely. Hope you guys have fun! :)

At the end of June I'm going to spending a few days in Duluth, I can't wait. It's a bit city, but down by Lake Superior is really relaxing. :)

Michelle G said...

Happy Birthday All. :) I hope you have a wonderful time.

M

Estella said...

Happy birthday to your boys!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

azteclady said...

You are such a sweetheart, Amy! Here's wishing you guys a wonderful time over the weekend!

Cindy W said...

Happy Bday to the boys! My son's bday is Wednesday, he'll be 12!!! You sound like you're doing much better and I can't wait to see pictures! Have a wonderful time. Cindy

Lea said...

Oh Amy, this looks like a beautiful place to visit and I'm sure your men are going to have a wonderful time.

Happy Birthday to both of them!! You have a WONDERFUL weekend. :)

Warm Regards
L

Allison('s)Reads said...

Hi Amy, what lovely fun plans you've got coming up! Hope it refreshes and relaxes you:) HB's to your guys too!

Blodeuedd said...

Congrats to them :D and have a wonderful weekend.

Fantasy Dreamer said...

Gorgeous scenery! Hope all of you enjoy your weekend and the birthday boys get their birthday wishes. :)