Sunday, May 10, 2009

Series Spotlight: The Relics Of Merlin by Kathryne Kennedy



The Relics of Merlin Series
By Kathryne Kennedy

Long ago a great wizard was born with magic in his very blood. He lived for thousands of years and went by many names, but the one we know best is Merlin. Merlin passed his magic down through his offspring, and the power made his children rulers. Some inherited more magic than others, and eventually titles reflected their gifts. In Britain, kings and queens held the strongest power. After the royals, dukes had the greatest magical abilities in that they could change matter. Marquesses could cast spells and illusions and transfer objects but not change them. Earls mastered illusions, while viscounts dabbled in charms and potions. Barons had a magical gift, which could be as simple as making flowers grow or as complicated as seeing into the future. And then there were the baronets. Part man, part animal, the shape-shifters were Merlin’s greatest enchantment…and eventually his greatest bane. For out of all mankind, they were immune to his magic. Merlin created thirteen magical relics from the gems of the earth, a focus for some of his greatest spells. After Merlin’s disappearance, his children tried to find the relics, since these items held the only magic stronger than their own. The relics proved to be elusive until his children discovered that the shape-shifters they so despised could sniff out the power of a relic. Over the centuries the relics faded to legend. But the most powerful of Merlin’s descendants did not forget, and shape-shifters became the secret spies of many rulers.
Copyright Kathryne Kennedy

~~~~

I just recently read Enchanting the Beast, a sweetly sensual, fast-paced, magically delicious tale of an older woman/younger man, and I thought it was just perfect. The Relics of Merlin series is a well-crafted magical world set in England (where magic has never died) that has captivated my heart.
I've enjoyed each book in this series. They're fun, magical and simply delightful! These are the kinds of books that when I finish, I have that warm fuzzy feeling. They're just so good! Kathryne states on her website that these do not need to be read in order and now that I've read all three, I would agree. There is no real connection between each book other than the fact there is a relic. So if you were curious and only wanted to try one, I would suggest the newest one, Enchanting the Beast! I loved it!




10 comments:

Eva S said...

I have the two first books and really enjoyed them too! Enchanting the Beast will be in my next book order...

Blodeuedd said...

They do sound lovely :D
I am interested

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

I enjoyed the first book. I'll probably end up reading the other ones too. :)

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Amy!!

Happy Mother's Day!!

These sounds great....I love magical enchantments!

Dottie :)

Lea said...

Good Morning Amy!!

Somehow I missed this post the other day!

I hope you had an awesome Mother's Day!!

This series sounds lovely - Thank you for sharing the information.

L

Blanche said...

Hi Amy!!

I have this author on my TBB list!!! The books sound wonderful!! :)

azteclady said...

Amy, didja get it? :sad:

Jane E. Jones said...

Hi Amy! I've been meaning to visit you. It's been awhile since we've talked! I'm off to email you, but wanted to stop by and say hello, see what you've been up to ;)

Randi said...

Hi Amy,
I have read the first book in this series and really enjoyed it. I have the second one but I haven't had a chance the read it yet. I can't wait to read the rest. Thanks for sharing.

Randi