Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Guernsey Traveling Society Update!

I am so pleased to post this update as to the whereabouts of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society book. As you all know, I read it and felt this need to share it. I first passed it to my mom, then it made its way to Finland! It visited Linda and Eva. From there Eva sent it on its journey back across the ocean to Julie in New Jersey where she has informed me that it's on its way to Cecile in Louisiana!

If anyone is interested in participating in joining in on this fantastic journey, please, feel free to let me know and I will add you to the list!

Thank you all so much. This book is going to be a treasure in my library, and I owe it all to you for helping me pass it around!

Here are what two of the Traveling Society Members had to say...

Blodeuedd at Book Girl of Mur-y-Castel's thought's
Julie at Outlandish Dreaming's thoughts.



6 comments:

Cecile said...

I can not wait to read it!!! I can believe that this book will be treasured Amy. This is a great thing you did!!! And everyone for helping her, this is remarkable!!

Sally DeMille said...

It is remarkable. For Amy and all those who have joined this journey.
I am glad to be a part of it.

Julie at Outlandish Dreaming said...

Thanks Amy for starting this fun journey, I loved the book, and it was even more special because it came to me all the way from Finland and I was able to send it on to Louisiana! This book is getting around!

Cecile said...

Julie... thanks for sending it to me... I can not wait to get in the mail!!! I will post here when i receive it!!! =) I know Amy, it is killing you that I am getting it before you!!! LOL!!

Lea said...

Wow Amy! That is so impressive! I can't wait until it makes it's way north of the border. ;)

Thank you for the update. What a world traveller!

((hugs))
L

Linda Ellen said...

Hi Amy. I have an award for you. =)

http://bambireads.blogspot.com/2009/06/yay-award.html