Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lori Foster's Part Two

Part two of my weekend - Along with meeting authors there were also friends and fellow blogger friends that I met. Jen and Susan I had met about two years ago on Jacki Frank's message board. I met Susan in person last year at the RT signing in Pittsburgh. It was absolutely wonderful seeing her again. We didn't get to talk much at the RT signing, but we saw each other frequently throughout the day on Saturday.

(Jen and Susan)

Then I ran into Stacy from Stacy's Place on Earth Friday shortly after we arrived and checked in! I've been frequenting Stacy's blog since about the time I started blogging a year ago! Later Stacy introduced me to Kati from Katidom! Both of them are so nice. I'm so glad to have met them :).

(Stacy and Me)

(Kati and me)I did manage to snag me a win! I won a basket full of books. And I owe it to Lora Leigh and Lori O'Clare. They handed out several tickets Saturday morning and a few of them I got went in the bag for that basket!

I won a couple Lucy Monroe books by doing the hula hoop! HAHA! I didn't even know I could still hula hoop. But after I knocked out Miss Vivian (I'm such a cheater :P) the four of us kept going and going until they told us to stop! I can't believe I hula hooped!


These two ladies were part of the welcoming committee. The one standing up, she was funny as hell! The one sitting, she was at RAW the year me and my mom went. She showed us pictures and I think I remember her. I need to go through mine and see if I might have caught her in one of them! I did see a few others that I remember from RAW.

(The New Charlie's Angels!)

So there you have it. My Lori Foster Weekend! It was loads of fun and I hope to do it again :).


16 comments:

Cindy W said...

Looks like loads of fun! Congrats on your win!

Amy C said...

Thanks, Cindy :)

Lea said...

OMG Amy, you are so brave!!! Hula Hoop? Man I could never do that. Looks like you are really great at it too!

What fun!!

Congratulations on your awesome wins. I'm smiling looking at all the pictures.

I so happy you had such an awesome time.

L

Kati said...

Darn! I must have missed you hula hooping! Great pictures, Amy! It was a ton of fun, wasn't it??

Michelle G said...

Amy,

That looks like a blast and books to boot. Congrats to you. :)

M

Blanche said...

How fun Amy!! You are brave, I don't think I could hula hoop!! :) It is really neat to see the pics and hear all about the event, thanks so much for sharing this with us!! :)

Cecile said...

Oh Amy... I am so glad that you had a wonderful time... Hula Hooping... man... maybe one year I will get to go...
Your pictures are priceless honey!!!
Hope you are having a great day!
Oh.. and Beth Kery's site... she has a picture of you... and the HI LEA sign!! I thought that was priceless... what are friends for!!!

Amy C said...

Yes, brave I am...but think of the Klondike song....What would you doooooo for a book or two?? LMAO!! I ended up with And Able and Touch Me by Lucy Monroe! I need And Able to complete those three books, Ready, Willing, And Able!

Lea said...

ROFL!!!

You are too funny girl....

L

Estella said...

So glad you had a great time!

Teddyree said...

What an awesome weekend and how wonderful to put faces to names of blogging friends!
Congrats on your book wins too!!

Stacy~ said...

Oh it was fun, wasn't it? And sooo great meeting you. Sorry I missed the luau. And you are one brave woman LOL.

Sally DeMille said...

Whew! In part one of our trip you told everyone I lost my bank card. Well, now the laugh is on me. I must have been hasty to get my goodies from the 'book store' stuffed into my purse. Last night I was almost asleep and something told me to check those goodies. Sure enough. When I put them in my blue bag my bank card was between them.

At least I didn't do something rash with it after the hula hoop episode. I would have thought I had lost my mind. lol

Had a great time.

Judy H said...

Pics are awesome Amy.
Hula Hooping looks like fun, maybe next time you all can jump rope!

Sally, Phew!...glad you found the card.

Tracy said...

How fun! First you're hula hooping and then you're a Charlie's Angel! It sounds like you had such a great time. Hopefully next year I'll get my arse there! :)

Thanks for sharing your adventure!

Erotic Horizon said...

Amy ..

I love the photos and the fact that you not only got to brush shoulders with the authors, but the lovely lovely bloggers as well...

That's the pain of living on this side of the pond - we never have those kind of fun....

Great job on the hula hoop -just for even thinking of doing it, you deserve to win...

Great sum up - looking for wardto all your great read from your win...

E.H>