Monday, June 15, 2009

Mailbox Monday

Guten Montag, (Good Monday) to you! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Me, Devin and my mom went to the movies on Saturday to see Star Trek. Now, as a movie with the characters and the action, I thought it was absolutely wonderful. BUT I was not so pleased with the alternate future that will now happen. What does that mean for everything we know of Star Trek?? It's all gone :(. Did anyone else feel strangely about that? I did love the actors that were chosen to play the characters I have grown up watching and loving!

"Dammit, man! I'm a doctor not a physicist!" (Macoy is awesome!)

Then our TV took a shit! It's the second time this problem has occurred. The first time was about 4 years ago. We paid to have it fixed at the tune of nearly 400 bucks. This time however we just decided rather than putting that money out again to have it fixed we'd just upgrade. My husband is just tickled to have an LCD now. We had one of those big screens from about 10 years ago. It was a fabulous tv during it's time, and still would be if it hadn't broke. We downgraded a tad in size, but it's perfect. We had to get a stand for it, and that's where I get excited! I could care less about the TV. I love the new piece of furniture in my livingroom :).

I did get a few good books this week! One of them was waiting for me when I got home last weekend. Tortured by Amanda McIntyre! I read it a few days ago. I'll post my review closer to its release date of August 4th. But I will say, I think for all of you who like a good dose of Medieval story-telling then you'd want to consider adding this one to your list! Amanda will be stopping by here on her "25 blogs in 25 days" Tortured Tour on August 27th. I believe she'll be giving away a copy!

I also got Taming the Fire by Sydney Croft (Love the ACRO series!), and In Over Her Head by Judi Fennell, thanks to a 25% off your entire order at Borders!

Taming the Fire by Sydney Croft
Acro Series Book Four

POWER. PLEASURE. DANGER. IT DOESN’T GET ANY HOTTER THAN THIS.

He came to the underground London club for a night of extreme sex play with the enigmatic “Mistress Rik”. But the Special Agent known as Trance is really on a search-and-rescue mission to keep her alive. Part predator, Ulrika “Rik” Jaegar possesses feral powers that make her a danger to others–and to herself. That’s why the Agency for Covert Rare Operatives (ACRO) wants to recruit her to their side….To do so, Trance will have to pull off the impossible: capture and control Rik, both woman and beast.

On the run from the deadly agency that changed her into a pleasure-seeking shape shifter, Rik uses sex to rein in her own raging desires. Operating on pure instinct, she trusts no one…especially the magnificent alpha male with the power to seduce her into submission. An undercover agent with unique hypnotic gifts, Trance is surprised by his instinct to hold Rik and keep her safe — but he has a job to do. And as he hunts her down, as Rik and Trance are thrust into the ultimate game of domination and submission, they’ll enter a place where surrender is their sole hope of survival — and the only thing that can tame the wild beast in both of them…

In Over Her Head by Judi Fennell
Book One


Book Two - Wild Blue Under (Nov. 2009)
Book Three - Catch of a Lifetime (Feb. 2010)



When Erica Peck, one terrified-of-the-ocean marina owner, finds herself at the bottom of the sea conversing with a Mer man named Reel, she thinks she's died and gone to her own version of Hell. When the Oceanic Council demands she and Reel retrieve a lost cache of diamonds from the resident sea monster in return for their lives, she knows she's died and gone to Hell.

When they escape the monster and end up on a deserted island, she amends her opinion - she's died and gone to Heaven. But when Reel sacrifices himself to allow her to return to her world, she realizes that, Heaven or Hell, with Reel, she's In Over Her Head.
--------------------------
And I got my prize package from Anna's blogiversary gievaway! I got Devil in a Kilt by Sue-Ellen Welfonder, which I gave to my mom, since I already have it signed, Dragonborn by Jade Lee, so now I have my unsigned copy to giveaway! Anyone interested in a really fabulous dragon fantasy book?? I love that series so far. Jade Lee is a wonderful fantasy writer. And the last book was Nicholas by Elizabeth Amber. I've been wanting to read that series! Thanks, Anna!


What about you, did you get any new books this week?

Weekly meme hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page


20 comments:

Mandi said...

LOL - I would be excited about the stand too!

Tortured sounds gooooood.:)

Erotic Horizon said...

A woman after my own heart - loving a new piece of furniture in the any room really...

Love your haul this week.. Croft, not read her yet - but hearing good good things..

E.H>

bermudaonion said...

Whew, if the books are as good as the covers, you'll be in for some good reading.

Heather D said...

LOL Amy you got a lot of good books! I read Nicholas at the beginning of the year, and loved it. It was my first erotic, now I am addicted. I love a good dragon book, you might as well say anything from the fantasy genre, but dragons are my favorite.

Happy REading

Amy C said...

Heather D! Since you were the first to comment about Dragonborn, I'll send it to you :). It really is a wonderful book!

Hey bermudaonion! Thanks for stopping by :). I know the Sydney Croft book will be as good as the cover. There is some hot stuff in those ones!

E.H., Sydney Croft's books are really good! I don't usually go go for the action packed books, but soemthing about these ones I love.

Hi Mandi, glad you have your radar is set on Tortured!

MsMoonlight said...

Great post Amy and those look like some really terrific books. I haven't seen Star Trek yet but I want to, it looks really good.

Katiebabs a.k.a KB said...

Tortured looks great! I would love to read this one.

Kristen said...

Steamy hot looking books! ::fans herself:: Enjoy reading them!

My mailbox is here: Sacred Hearts came my way this week as well.

Blodeuedd said...

So many cool books :D
And those dragon books just look so nice

Lea said...

Hey AmyC:

Even though I'm not a historical buff, I have to admit I'm very intrigued by Amanda McIntyre's book, Tortured. I'll look forward to reading your thoughts!!

WOOT - ACRO - I have mine waiting to be read and cannot wait.

I have so many books in my mailbox, my head is spinning. I'm feeling very fortunate. ;)

((hugs))

L

Anna said...

You got a good haul there. I'm looking forward to reading Tortured, I've had it on my list for a while now.

Judi Fennell said...

Ah, happy reading! Thanks for checking out In Over Her Head! (don't ya just love those coupons...)

Eva S said...

I really have to look at those Sydney Croft books one day! I've heard so much about them....
Great books you got, I love Elizabeth Amber's series, and I'm waiting for her fourth book to arrive in my mail.

Amy C said...

Hey MsM., I'm sure you will really like Star Trek. When you do see it, I'm sure you'll post your thoughts :).

Lea, Tortured is definitely a bit different than your normal medieval romance with the heroine being an apprentice to the executioner. It's very dark! But so were the times back then, eh?

Hi Judi :), oh yes, them coupons are hard to resisit!

Eva, I'm curious to check out Elizabeth Amber!

Staci said...

Whew...I'm loving all of those steamy covers...looks like some great reading!!

Tracy said...

Great books. They sound very good.

I got about 7 books this past week and can't for the life of me remember them off the top of my head (they're at home, I'm at work).
I know I got One Reckless Summer by Toni Blake and Twisted Creek by Jodi Thomas...some paranormals...and others. I know, you're so jealous that I'm so specific! lol

Amy C said...

Oh yeah, Tracy, so jealous I wish I had a memory like yours! :P

I also have One Reckless Summer. I got it in that gift basket I won at Lori Foster's!

Estella said...

Those are some steamy covers!

Heather D said...

hey Amy, I know I responded to your comment about Dragonborn. Hmmm.

Oh well, I received it today, Thank you!!

Amy C said...

Hmm, I've heard people say that before. But you are very welcome and I'm sure you are going to really like it! Can't wait to hear your thoughts :).