Thursday, June 4, 2009

Road Trip!

Readers and Authors Get Together

My mom and I are heading out first thing in the morning after Devin gets on the bus. I've been looking forward to this weekend for months. I am so ready to get away from it all for the weekend. So many people I am looking forward to meeting or seeing again. Stacy from Stacy Place on Earth, two ladies I met on Jacki Frank's message board a few years ago, Susan and Jen and of course seeing Jacki again. I met Susan last year at the RT signing so it will be real nice to see her again. Then there is the lovely Valerie Tibbs who designed my blog header! And there are several authors like Sue-Ellen Welfonder especially I want to meet. I want to hear all about her Scottish travels! She's always talking about them in emails, blogs and her website, I would so love to talk to her in person about the places she's been and the things she's seen. And Vivian Arend, a new e-pubbed author, who also is participating in my Guernsey Book Tour! Just everyone!

I'm not a very out going, social person, but for these weekends, being around so many people that love what I love, is such a wonderful experience and I love it! I'm so glad that my mom lives here with me now and loves the same books as I do. It's such a nice thing that the two of us can do these things together. Without her, I wouldn't be going. I could never travel alone!

Anyway, we leave around 8:30 am tomorrow. It's about a 7 1/2 hour drive down to Cinicinnati. Then we'll drive back Sunday afternoon!
It's going to be a good weekend!


20 comments:

Lea said...

Oh Amy!

I'm getting the weeps here... I so wish I was going to be there too!!!

You and your Mom have an awesome, wonderful time. :) I will be thinking of you and look forward to hearing all about it when you get back. (Take lots of pictures...) ;)

((hugs))
L

Amy C said...

Oh yes, Lea, I am a picture taking fool! I would love for you to have gone too! Like I always tell Anna, one year we will end up going to one together!

Anna said...

Hopefully next year at RT!! :)

Have fun!!

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Amy!

Wow, I wish I could go with you too! Sounds like it's going to be a blast!

Have an awesome trip, take lots of pics, we'll have to live vicariously through your photos.

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Blanche said...

Hi Amy!

I wish I was going too!! I know you are going to have an amazing weekend!!! Have a great time and a safe trip and we can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!!

Amy C said...

I wish you all were going too. How fun would that be for all of us to meet and hang out and actually 'TALK' about books!!!

Cecile said...

Oh Amy!!!! I am so excited for you!!! **she says with a little jealousy** I wish I was going too!!! But you have a blast, take tons of pics and be ready to share it all with us when you get back!!! (hugs) Be careful and have a safe trip!!

Julie at Outlandish Dreaming said...

Amy, I know you're going to have a GREAT, GREAT time! These kind of weekends are so much fun! Can't wait to see the pics!

Eva S said...

Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy!!

Leontine said...

Have fun AmyC and I don't no about the rest but I would love me a recount of all your events...if I could stop you *wink*

Cindy W said...

I wish I was going, I hope to go next year! Sue Ellen is just awesome, I wish I could meet her and Toni Blake! Have fun and can't wait to see pictures! Cindy

Stacy~ said...

Can't wait to see ya - have a save trip!

Lori said...

Have a blast! I've been twice, and loved it. It always seems to coincide with either a graduation or my son's birthday. Lori should realize it's all about me and change the date, LOL!!! Next year... hopefully :)

azteclady said...

Envy, ENVY!!!

*ahem*

Have a safe trip and enjoy a wonderful time!

I Heart Book Gossip said...

Oh I am so happy for you. I couldn't get tickets at the time cause I had finals. But say hello to Lori Foster for me. Im her biggest fan ever! I wish you a safe trip. Have lots of fun!!

Renee said...

Have a safe drive and a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear about it, next week. :-)

Estella said...

Hope you and your mom have an awesome weekend!

The_Book_Queen said...

Hey,
You've been nominated for the Literary Blogger Award on TBQ's Personal Book Palace! Check it out :D

Best,
TBQ

http://tbqspersonalbookpalace.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-got-award.html

Kati said...

Soooo awesome to meet you in person this weekend, Amy! Wasn't this weekend a blast?

Amy C said...

Yes, Kati! It was totally awesome meeting both you and Stacy!