Monday, June 8, 2009

Series Spotlight: Blood Sword Legacy by Karin Tabke


The Blood Sword Legacy
By Karin Tabke
Eight knights bound by a brotherhood forged in hell claim their legacies the only way they can: by right of arms, by right of victory, by right of conquest.

Eight mercenary knights, each of them base born, each of them bound by unspeakable torture in a Saracen prison, each of them branded with the mark of the sword for life. Each of their destinies marked by a woman.

‘Twas whispered along the Marches the demon knights who rode upon black horses donned in black mail wielding black swords would slay any man, woman or child who dared look upon them. ‘Twas whispered their loyalty was only to the other and no man could split them asunder, nor was there enough gold or silver in the kingdom to buy their oath. ‘Twas well known each of them was touched not by the hand of God but by Lucifer himself.

‘Twas also whispered, but only by the bravest of souls, that each Blood Sword was destined to find only one woman in all of Christendom who would bear him and only him sons, and until that one woman was found, he would battle and ravage the land...

…but the darkest secret whispered was that there was one among them whose violent craving for the one woman he could not have would be the spark that would set an entire region on fire, and nearly bring down a kingdom, with the aftermath to be felt for the next thousand years.

~~

I have read the first two books in this new series by Karin Tabke. And it is just wonderful. The covers first caught my eye. Those big, hard swords they have in their hands *sigh*. After I read Master of Surrender, I thought, Damn! She can write a hero. I loved that even though he and his blood brothers suffered through such horrendous treatment when they were prisoners years ago, never one time did he think he was unworthy of the love of his heroin! He wanted her, he claimed her, and damn it he kept her! I wondered when I picked up Master of Torment if the hero, Wulfson, would be the same way. And I was so pleased to see that he was! I figure back in those Medieval days men took what they wanted regardless of past emotional scars. And these guys are like elite warriors of the King! So I love that they are not insecure in that they don't feel worthy of the women they want. They want it, they get it! Oh and Karin Tabke writes some really great sexual tension. She has a wonderful writing voice. Great series. If you like Medievals, don't pass on these ones :)!

Master of Surrender

June 2008

Order Master of Surrender

The year is 1066. William, bastard Duke of Normandy, has claimed the English throne by right of conquest. To quell the Saxon unrest, William sends out his most trusted knights to secure the land. One of those knights is his cousin, Sir Rohan de Luc, known far and wide for his bloody deeds as The Black Sword. . .

Bold and courageous, Saxon maiden Isabel of Alethorpe is the only one left to protect the people of the manor and its lands. When Rohan de Luc seizes Alethorpe, he offers to spare the life of Isabel's young squire in exchange for her willing gift of the charms of her body. Betrothed to another, she vows to that while he may take her maidenhead, her heart will remain her own. But even as her lips say no, Isabel's traitorous body is awakened to desire by the seductive attentions of this potent invader. Can she remain true to her own people, or will Sir Rohan's skilled touch capture her unwilling heart as surely as his prowess with his sword captured her father's lands? Read an excerpt.

Master of Torment

November 25, 2008

Order Master of Torment

Wulfson of Trevelyn, trusted knight of William the Conqueror, has never met a man he could not master. But in the tempestuous young widow Tarian of Trent, known as the Lady Warrior, Wulf may finally have met his match. Ordered by the king to eliminate her traitorous bloodline, Wulf captures the lady but hesitates to execute his orders, falling captive himself to her seductive dark beauty.

To Lady Tarian’s dismay, neither her fighting spirit nor her wiles are sufficient to bend Wulfson completely to her will. As she and Wulfson try to stay one step ahead of the angered King, Tarian vows she will not be the loser in their passionate battle, but her own desire for this overpowering stranger threatens not only her body, and her heart, but both of their lives. Read an excerpt.

Master of Craving

June 2009

Order Master of Craving

Most of England has submitted to King William, but Wales refuses to yield. The King's trusted Blood Swords are unable to prevail, and while Stefan de Valrey is left unconscious on the battlefield, his sworn brothers are captured. Despite terribile injuries, Stefan vows to liberate them. Even rescuing a delicately beautiful -- and naked -- maiden from peril cannot deter him, for the silver-eyed Arianrhod is a Welsh princess, a hostage Stefan can exchange for his brothers...so long as Arian remains as pure as when he met her. But that is a constraint Stefan finds harder to honor with every passing day.

When the scowling knight slings her across his saddle, Arian knows she should fix all her thoughts on escape. But Arian has never before experienced the deep, soul-changing desire that Stefan arouses with merely a glance. Breaking their vows could set two kingdoms ablaze -- can they control the sweet, terrible burning between them? Read an excerpt.


13 comments:

Lea said...

This does sound like an excellent series Amy. :)

I'm not usually into historicals as you know but this one interests me and I'm going to add it to my list.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

L

Amy C said...

Hey Lea, I forgot I had this scheduled to post today. I really do like these books! I'm so happy they interest you also.

I need to work on a post from this weekend. I don't even know where to begin!

Blanche said...

Hi Amy!

I have Master of Craving in my TBR, I'm on the hunt for the first 2 books. This sounds like a fantastic series....my kind of books! :)

I hope you had a wonderful weekend, can't wait to hear all about the event!! :)

Eva S said...

I've read the first one, will look for the other two!

Blodeuedd said...

Does look great indeed, the stories, the covers. Yup I am getting hooked

Amy C said...

Wonderful, Blanche! I hope you find the other two.

Eva, it's nice to see someone else who has read one of these books!

Blodeuedd, they really are books that would be hard not to like :).

Blanche said...

Just coming back to let you know I have Master of Surrender and Master of Torment now!! My Borders had both books! :)

Amy C said...

Awesome, Blanche! Now you just gotta read them :).

Amy S. said...

Sounds great!

Caffey said...

I love medieval! I got the first one right here and reading soon as my R-O-M-A-N-C-E challenge! I got the second coming. I think the 3rd just came out! I'm more excited to read!

Amy C said...

Hey Caffey, if you love medieval then you're going to love these ones! And yes, the third one just came out the beginning of the month!

Karin* said...

Amy, thank you for spotlighting my boys!!!!

And thank you to everyone who has purchased a book. Your support means everything!

Happy reading!!!!

Karin Tabke

Amy C said...

You're very welcome, Karin! They're worth spotlighting!