Monday, June 1, 2009

Trip to Letchworth

Our trip to Letchworth turned out to be an excellent day for an outdoor adventure. The weather was perfect, the drive was pleasant, and my child was the best behaved he's been since, well, since I can't remember! :P


The state park is so pretty, my husband kept saying how great an idea it was for me to plan this little day getaway. It was a nice intimate setting and Devin really enjoyed having his little birthday party there. I'm not big on the party scene when it comes to his birthdays, so I always try to find something for us to do. And he loved it there. Of course, it was getting all the cool stuff in the gift shop that helped, and knowing he was getting his birthday presents after we ate :).


There are three waterfalls at the end of the park we were at. We didn't see the first one. It's small. But we did spend a nice amount of time drinking in the views of the middle and upper falls. They were like a mini-Niagara Falls, only nicer!! You're out in the middle of nowhere in a state park, with nature all around you. Niagara Falls is neat, but the natural beauty of it is washed away with all the tourists and city landscaping around it. It makes it not feel so grand.


We saw the lodge that I had made reservations at for me and Shawn on July 3rd for our anniversary. I'm so excited. It's a cozy little place, tucked away in the woods, yet right by the main inn where we would eat. It's very nice, very quaint. When me and Shawn do go back, we are going to drive to the other end of Letchworth (it's 17 miles long and we stayed at the one end). There is a man made dam that looks neat (I'm sure it's nothing compared to Hoover Dam, which I've been to numerous times) but they are still cool to see. And there are supposed to be more amazing views of the gorge the Genessee River flows through.



Letchworth is definitely a place we will go to again with Devin. And maybe that trip sparked future trips to other state parks here in NY. We do have alot of them!


16 comments:

Lea said...

Oh Amy;

What a beautiful place and Devin looked like he had a ball!!! His smiles lit up his face like a little sun.

The park is spectacular. It reminds me of an area here in Ontario without the tourists.

What a beautiful place for you and Shawn to spend your anniversary. :)

(((Hugs)))

L

Erotic Horizon said...

Oh amy,

The park looks absolutely stunning and you sound so pleased with the days out come...

The pic are simply lovely...

I am jealous - not only of the fact that you get to spend such a brilliant day in a wonderful park, but the little man was the best he has ever been since when...

I wish Devin many more happy days and yourself and hubby in such a beautiful place...

Merry part
E.H>

MsMoonlight said...

Amy those are gorgeous photos! It really looks like a wilderness paradise there. I'm glad you all enjoyed your day trip- and that you have perfect weather! Just beautiful.

Blodeuedd said...

Wow...I am speechless, those are just beautiful We sue don't have anything like that here.

nath said...

Happy birthday to your son!

Sounds like you all had a great day and it's a beautiful place :) Good idea indeed ;D

Eva S said...

So beautiful....
I'm happy you had a really great time, and the place looks perfect for an anniversary!

We don't have anything like that, just a little bit jealous...

Amy C said...

Hi Lea, it is a beautiful place. There is alot of beauty in NY and it's darn time we start exploring it!

Thank you, Erotic Horizon! It makes a huge difference how Devin behaves during outings. He tends to get bored quickly. But he was able to run and do his thing.

Hi MsMoonlight :). It was a perfect day! And I forgot to mention that we did see several deer. Very neat!

Blodeuedd, that totally sucks :(. I wish you had pretty places to visit.

Amy C said...

Hi Eva, Blodeuedd said the same thing. I would have thought Finland had alot of wilderness, but I really don't know much about the landscape there.

Thank you, Nath! Devin's birthday is actually tomorrow and I have one last birthday present to give him. I wanted him to have something for his actual birthday, you know!

Blanche said...

Wow that is a beautiful park!! What a wonderful place to spend a day!! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time and Happy Birthday to Devin!!!

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Oh Amy!

It so beautiful and you get to go back and stay for your anniversary. You're so lucky! I loved the waterfalls, magnificent is their beauty.

I'm so envious, what a beautiful day.

I bet Devin was in for a lovely birthday in such a great state park. Happy Birthday Devin!!

Dottie :)

azteclady said...

What a great idea to celebrate your son's birthday like that! And the time together as a family, enjoying each other and nature? Wonderful!

I am so glad you guys had such a good time!

Cecile said...

Oh Amy! I am soooo glad that you had a wonderful time and I truly delighted to hear that Devin has a fabulous time!! And that he was on his best behavior since when... was amazing!! The photos are beathtaking!
I am a little jealous... we have woods here in Louisiana, but nothing like that!! But I am excited to hear that hubby loved it... Sparkes might fly when you go back for your anniversary **Wink**!!
I am sure that trip lighten up everyone's mood!!
Hope you are having a wonderful Monday!

Tracy said...

How fun! And omg what an incredibly beautiful place! I'm so glad you all had a nice time and that Devin had a great b-day party. Give him a b-day hug for me! :)

Anna said...

Wow, Letchworth looks beautiful. The pictures turn out great. We have quite a few State Parks here in MN, but I've only just been to St. Croix Park. It's beautiful there too, but I haven't been in quite a few years.

Glad fun was had by all. :)

Estella said...

Great pics!

Fantasy Dreamer said...

You close to such a beautiful place! And what a wonderful place to have a anniversary retreat. Love the waterfalls. Looks like all of you had a nice time. :)