Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday - Breath of Fire by Tammy Kane

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine


Breath of Fire
Tammy Kane

June 30, 2009

I first saw this book on Anna's blog, and I had to add it to my list of upcoming releases. I can't resist fantasy romances, and this one sounds good! Dragons and virgin sacrifices?? Male virgin sacrifices?? :)

When the dragon came to claim him, Karl knew his great plan had gone horribly wrong. If he had known the creature was real, he wouldn’t have scoffed at the villagers… and he certainly wouldn’t have been so quick to let them chain him to a rock. Mattaen Initiates trained as warriors, but no man could defeat a dragon.

“My name is Elera, daughter of Shane. And you, Initiate, are my virgin prize.”

She had vanquished the beast and named her price: one night with the virgin sacrifice she’d saved. He’d taken a vow of chastity, but Karl still had a man’s needs—and Elera’s sultry curves made him ache to taste his first woman. With one scorching kiss she shattered his defenses… and led him into a world of deception and seduction, where he’d be forced to choose between the brotherhood that had raised him and the woman whose courage set his heart on fire.

Visit Tammy Kane's Website HERE.
Click HERE for excerpt.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave a link in the comments section here!


15 comments:

Lea said...

Hey Amy:

This is such a cool event. I'll have to try and do a post later today, and do the linky thing.

That book sounds excellent. Female and male virgin sacrifices? WOW..

Have a great day Amy.

((hugs))

L

Fantasy Dreamer said...

The role reversal in this story sounds intriguing. May just check it out when it releases.

I'm looking forward to Mark of the Demon by Diana Rowland. I've read about it everywhere it seems, good reviews. It comes out on June 23rd.

Take care,
Donna

Jacqueline C said...

Male virgins - there's something you don't hear often. Good pick. Here are mine: (1) (2)

Amelia said...

Great WoW pick!

Jill said...

Great pick...so glad you're participating!

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, the male virgin sacrifice book. I had forgotten about this one. Yes a keeper ;)

Amy C said...

Hey Lea, I hope you do post!

Hi Donna, Mark of the Demon sounds like UF. I hope you like it!

Hey Jacqueline, no, you don't see vigin males often! It's different and different is good! Thanks for the links. Soulless looks good :)

Hey there, Amelia. Thanks :)

Hi Jill! Thank you for hosting this weekly blog post!

Ha! Blodeuedd. So glad I reminded you :)! How can you pass up a male virgin sacrifice?? The blurb sounds like it might be a little steamy too :P.

Randi said...

Hi Amy,
You don't see to many male virgin sacrifices, at least not in romance :-) Will be adding this to my wishlist.

I love the cover!

Happy Reading!
Randi

Michelle G said...

Amy,

I have this one ofn my 'tbr' list as well. :) I am most looking forward to the final installment in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon - An Echo in the Bone.

M

Renee said...

I love the WOW idea! Very cool.

You know, Breath of Fire was on my upcoming books list, but it sort of fell off my radar. I'm glad that you reminded me about it! I love the male virgin sacrifice. Can't wait to see what you think!

Marie Burton said...

Welcome to WoW :)
Here's my pick The Burton Review.

vvb32 reads said...

interesting twist with the male sacrificial lambs.

Ladybug said...

Nice to see you join in on WoW :)

Male sacrifices? Now that's a new twist!

Erotic Horizon said...

Hey Amy...
This books sound so good and the cover reminds me of a D'arc book...

I think I will get this one...

Thanks as well for letting us know about the meme... something else i might try to break up my week..

Have fun with the rest of your week..

E.H>

Caffey said...

I think this book is one that comes with the Dorchester Romance bookclub (if you are a member) So I may not need to run out and get this one, it will be sent to my home, LOL. I'm hooked on so many more series I keep starting!