Friday, July 31, 2009

Kreative Blogger


Stacy over at Stacy's Place on Earth nominated me with the Kreativ Blogger Award! Thank you, Stacy, for thinking of me :). BTW, head over to Stacy's today and enter for a chance to win a copy of Taboo by Jess Michaels!

The Kreativ rules state that:

Once you receive this award you are to list seven of your favorite things and then nominate seven other blogs.

So here are my seven favorite things--

1. Gordon Ramsay - I love that man! His twisted personality in his kitchen is beyond entertaining. His word choices have me laughing so hard sometimes. He's not all stuffy and boring. Oh no, Mr. Ramsay isn't afraid to tell it like it is..."Taste this, it tastes like shit! Get out of my fucking kitchen!" I just love it. He's no holds barred. And that accent! I don't purposely turn the tv on to watch him, my husband does and it's one show I will stop what I'm doing to watch. He did inspire me to cook this fish dinner the other night. And it turned out delicious! My husband loved it! Now when I'm in the kitchen, my new thing to say is, "Piss off!" :P

2.Romance and Fantasy Books! - I know that's a pretty generic answer, considering we all blog because we love books. But it is one of my most favorite things.

3. Going for walks - As soon as the weather turns warm around here, I have to go for walks. Lately it's just been too humid and rainy, and I'm really starting to feel the affects of not being outside for my dose of fresh air and exercise. I usually go with my mom or Devin, but the other day I asked the hubby to go with me down by the canal. He complained that it was too long of a walk (less than a mile, mind you!), but he did get an ice cream reward!

4. Blogging - It's one of my favorite things to do everyday. I love visiting others blogs. Learning about new books, reading that some one else loved a book as much as I did. Anything really; the sharing of books, of life events and happenings, I just love knowing you all share the passion of romance! It's been an experience over the last year discovering so many of you and the interactions we have as readers and the interactions with the authors! A few years ago I would have never thought that this large community of awesome people would consume most of my days! You guys are wonderful and amazing. Thank you!

5. The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter movies - I've said this before, I have this weird thing that one of those movies must be playing when I go to bed at night. I don't necessarily watch them, but I do look up from time to time while I'm reading. I don't know why the attachment. I've tried different movies, but when I'm done reading and I lay down, within minutes I have to change out the movie and put in a Harry Potter or LOTRs movie.

6. Eating out - I would eat out for nearly every meal if I could. I love that other people cook for me! I guess I don't get a lot of that at home. People doing things for me. So every opportunity I get, I suggest eating out. Any little thing that could use a little celebration, the celebrating is usually a trip to a restaurant :).

7. I can't think of anything else :(. I've been trying and trying. Reading is one of my favorite things, but that's a given! So is buying books...another given! But hey, they are favorites, so that's my final answer!

Now it's my turn to nominate some blogs. Let's see...
Anna @ Anna's Book Blog
Blodeuedd @ Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell
Cecile @ All I Want and More
Christine @ The Happily Ever After...
Donna @ Fantasy Dreamer's Ramblings
Dottie @ My Blog 2.0
Erotic Horizon @ Erotic Horizon
The_Book_Queen @ TBQ's Personal Book Palace


14 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the award. I'm definitely gonna do this one. Looks fun. :)

Lisa Marie Wilkinson said...

Amy,
Congratulations on your nomination! I think your blog is beautiful.

I never miss Hell's Kitchen if I can avoid it. Ramsay is hilarious! I start to laugh each time I hear him say, "OH-MY-GOD!"

Christine said...

Thanks, Amy!!!! =)

Your love of blogging definitely shows. You're so good at sharing your thoughts, your love of reading, and a little bit about yourself, too. Plus you find the most amazing books that others like myself would never know about if it weren't for you.

The_Book_Queen said...

Ah, thanks so much Amy! :D

Now, if you had such a hard time finding 7 things, how in the world am I suppose to do it? Here's my life in a nut shell: reading, blogging, reading. That's it! LOL. Well, okay, maybe there's more....

I'll have to think on this over the weekend, but I'll definitely have my own up before too long-- maybe Monday. Sunday I'll still be trying to finish my latest 'Want to Read' post, along with my 'What I Read in July' post...

Thanks for the award, keep up the great work, I always love coming to see your blog. ;)

Enjoy,
TBQ

MsMoonlight (Elizabeth Jules Mason) said...

Congrats on your award Amy!
I too put on HP very often, its sort of like comfort food or something. :o)

MsM

Erotic Horizon said...

Congrats Amy and thank you.

I am also a fangirl of LOR, however my movie to be playing in the background is Lddyhawke...

You have a great day today and congrats to all the other recipients

E.H>

Amy C said...

You're Welcome, Anna! Can't wait to read your answers :).

Hi Lisa! Thank you and thank you for the compliment about my blog! Yay! ANother Ramsay fan. He is crazy! Of course, he would have me in tears if he talked to me that way, but I figure those people knew what they signed up for :). Looking forward to reading your book!

Hey Christine, you're very welcome. And thanks! I hope you post your favorite things too! And I'm happy to see you posting a bit more often lately :).

TBQ! You're welcome! I thought thought it would be harder than it was, just that last one really stumped me. I couldn't think of anything else. I look forward to reading your answers too!

Thank you MsM! Comfort food! Yes, that's what it is. They are comforting :).

E.H.! You're also very welcome! Yay! LOTRs Fan! You know, I don't think I have ever seen Ladyhawke. I really should add it to my queue. I get it as a recommendation.

Blodeuedd said...

Thank you Amy!

Lol, I had actually just made and award post when I saw this so went back and updated with joy.

Donna Marie Rogers said...

Another huge Gordon Ramsay fan here! I had to laugh, Lisa, I love when he says, "Oh, MY GAWD!" I say it around the house just out of the blue, and my husband just shakes his head...LOL

This is a great blog, as are all the ones mentioned (particular fond of Linda's blog after her wonderful review of MEANT TO BE *grin*).

And I just checked out your reviews for Karin Tabke as I happen to have Master Of Torment & Master Of Surrender sitting on my nightstand. I had booked Karin Tabke for our conference this year (I was the conference chair the last three years for WisRWA), and she is simply amazing. And freakin' hilarious! Now I'm even more excited to read these books (which I forgot to have signed, duh! LOL).

Amy C said...

Hi Donna! Thanks for stopping by :D.
I agree, Linda did a wonderful review of Meant to Be! One of these days I'd like to read it.

Gordon Ramsay has so many things he likes to say. I get a kick out him. On youtube there are a few of these videos with 'Little Gordon'. OMG, this little kid is acting like the big Gordon and it just cracks me up listening to this little boy say all those colorful phrases and his attitude from Kitchen Nightmares!

Oh you met Karin Tabke and she's funny you say? That's awesome! She is one I'd love to meet someday :).

Donna (Fantasy Dreamer) said...

Hi Amy! Congratulations on your award, very deserving and thank you!

I love all of your answers, especially the LOTR movies. But I have to say Ramsey makes me cringe sometimes with some of things he says, when I do catch him on. By cringe I mean, I feel sorry for the people he's ripping a new one for. Very gutsy guy, says what's on his mind, can't fault him for that. :)

Off to ponder my favorite things...

Donna Marie Rogers said...

Amy, Karin is hilarious! And super down-to-earth. She spent Friday night at conference chatting with me and my committee/friends, and we had such a great time. I also got to chat with her on the phone before then, so I already knew how nice she was.

Linda, if you're out there, Jack Sutton's story (tentatively titled LOVE HEALS ALL, it's a paranormal) won Karin Tabke's First Line contest back in 2007, which is when I invited her to present a workshop at our conference. The contest started with 75 entries, and I still can't believe I won. Now if I could just finish it so I could start in Nick's story...LOL

Blodeuedd said...

Hi Donna :)
Now that is cool, I just read that first page of Jake's story, and i do like him. Keep up the good work.

Second mention about Karin Tabke, maybe it's a sign that I should put her on my I am so checking out list, lol.

Cecile said...

OH Amy, I have finally made it here!!! I have missed sooo much in just a short time! I am sorry my dear friend! I will be emailing tomorrow morning when I get to work (hopefully in the morning). I promise I will post this as soon as the contest is over at my place!!!
I have missed you!!! Know that!!!
I am glad to see that you and Devin had a great time at the Strong place!!!
More tomorrow! Warm regards and love your friend Cecile