Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Another Stunning Cover and a Contest Reminder!

Is that not an absolutely gorgeous cover? I saw this over at ScFiGuy's blog the other day and had to add it to my list. It's beautiful!

Wolfbreed
by S.A. Swann

August 25, 2009

Read an Excerpt Here.

In this captivating reinvention of the werewolf novel, S. A. Swann propels readers into the darkest days of the Middle Ages, weaving a rare blend of soaring romance, historical intrigue, paranormal thrills, and spiritual questioning to tell a story that forever changes those who hear it.

When a monk inadvertently discovers a lair of werewolf young, he unleashes what will become the Church’s most powerful–and secret–weapon. Clandestinely raised by the Teutonic Order, these lupine creatures serve as instruments of God against pagan unbelievers. Trained to slip into villages cloaked in human form, they are all but unstoppable. Only one, called Lilly, has cunningly fled her brutal master.

Uldolf is too young to remember the massacre eight years earlier that claimed his village, his arm, and his kin. But he knows the pain of loneliness. When he sees what appears to be a beautiful young woman, injured and cowering in the woods, he races to her aid. Uldolf and his adoptive family will do anything to protect the terrified girl, but the danger is greater than they can possibly imagine. For death is the only life Lilly has ever known–and if their humanity can’t pierce the darkness Lilly harbors in her soul, they’ll soon come to know it, too.

I must have this book!

-----------------------------------------------------

*Tortured Giveaway*

Today starts the first day of Amanda McIntyre's "25 blogs in 25 days" Tortured tour! Head on over to Lust in Time blog today and enter for a chance to win a copy of Amanda McIntyre's Tortured! You can read my review here.

June, 2010
The Master and The Muses


17 comments:

Donna (Fantasy Dreamer) said...

Um, Wolfbreed sounds like it might be a good read. I'm going to my eye out that one. Thanks for heads up!

Mandi said...

Gorgeous!! I love it.

Michelle G said...

Amy,

I have Wolfbreed on my must have list as well. :)

M

Blodeuedd said...

I am impressed, that cover is stunning!

Leontine said...

That cover, the blurb, oh yes It sounds really good! I will add it to my wishlist *gg*

Erotic Horizon said...

I agree with you - that cover is lovely..

Do you know who the cover artist is...

E.H>

Linda Ellen said...

Gosh, that's one stunning cover! Nice find. =)

delitealex said...

I love the cover I'll have to add this to my wishlist to. It sounds like a good read.

JyLnC said...

Great cover! I'm the chair for the annual Romance cover contest sponsored by Cover Cafe. You should nominate this cover for our 2009 contest. Nominations are open until January 15, 2010. The contest will be online next spring for public voting. I love your blog!

www.covercafe.com

Mary G said...

Hi Amy
Got that article on steam-punk to send you. How do I get your email address or should I give you mine?

Christine said...

That is a great cover... and the story does sound really captivating.

Thanks for the heads up on Amanda McIntyre's book giveaway and tour. ;)

Cecile said...

Ohhh Amy, you are right that is an amazing cover!!! The story sounds very good too... I am writing this one down!!!
Oh boy, I have some new choices now when I go shopping!!!
And oh gosh is that Robin something else or what... look at those eyes!!!
Yum-ME!

Amy C said...

I was kinda MIA yesterday. It was release day but I also decided to try to make something...HAHA!! Maybe I'll post about it later. Sometimes I wonder why I decide to do things! But it if I can do it, I'm gonna love it! SO I was sidetracked with that.

JyLnC, thanks for the heads up about nominating the cover! I will look into seeing how to do that! Sounds like fun :).

Mary! Awesome! My email is
himscute@yahoo.com
Thanks for looking for it!

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Amy!

I've been MIA a lot lately! lol!

Wolfbreed looks great and I'll be stopping by the Tortured tour somewhere.

Dottie :)

Tracy said...

Wolfbreed sounds REALLY good! You give me ideas for some of the best books!

Saoirse Redgrave said...

Beautiful cover! Sounds very interesting (and there should be enough controversy with the religious side to spark additional interest ;-).

Seems like my werewolf novel (out in 2010 from SMP) will be out and running among an intriguing pack of were- and shifter books. :-)

Thanks for sharing this book!
~Saoirse
Author of 13 to Life: A Werewolf's Tale (coming Spring 2010)

S A Swann said...

The artist is Gene Mollica, who should get props for an astounding cover. There's also an alternate version that didn't make it here.