Sunday, August 2, 2009

DUUUUDE!! Thank you, Anna!

Anna informed me today that the new cover for Anne Bishop's next installment in the Black Jewel's world is now available for our viewing pleasure! I love it! This is the sequel to The Shadow Queen that released this past March. I did a joint discussion with the lovely Renee here. I am really looking forward to seeing where this next story is going to go and revisit the characters again!

Thank you, Anna!

Shalador's Lady
by Anne Bishop

Coming March 2010

For years the Shalador people suffered the cruelties of the corrupt Queens who ruled them, forbidding their traditions, punishing those who dared show defiance, and forcing many more into hiding. And even though the refugees found sanctuary in Dena Nehele, they have never been able to call it home.

Now that Dena Nehele has been cleansed of tainted Blood, the Rose-Jeweled Queen, Lady Cassidy, makes it her duty to restore the land and prove her ability to rule. She knows that undertaking this task will require all her heart and courage as she summons the untested power within her, a power capable of consuming her if she cannot control it.

And even if Lady Cassidy survives her trial by fire, other dangers await. For the Black Widows see visions within their tangled webs that something is coming that will change the land—and Lady Cassidy—forever…

Click here for more info.


14 comments:

Lea said...

WOOT!!

Thats great news Amy. :)

L

Amy C said...

It is, Lea!

I was actually just browsing her website the other day looking to see if there was cover art yet!

Donna (Fantasy Dreamer) said...

Thanks for sharing Amy! I really like the covers on the Black Jewels books and like that they have stayed constant with the design. Very NICE! I love that red dress, I want one. :)

Anna said...

Your Welcome. ;)

Amy C said...

Hey Donna, I agree, I love that red dress too. It's very eye catching!

Hi Anna :)

Leontine said...

*sigh* I'm in Black Jewel heaven. I love it when a cover is in sync with the rest and it immediately gives off that Bishop vibe. Thanks for the heads up Amy...and in extension, Anna!

Amy C said...

I know, Leontine! I was so excited when Anna sent me the image! Really looking forward to reading it!

nath said...

So cool!! thanks for posting about it, Amy!!

Christine said...

That's so exciting! And you know I have YOU to thank for getting me on the Black Jewels bandwagon. Now I can look forward to this book's release, too! =)

Amy C said...

You're welcome, Nath. So looking forward to this book. I think it's also because for the last two years she's done signings at my local bookstores, so I'm assuming and hoping she will for this one too!

Yes, Christine, and you know how excited I am that you are on the bandwagon too! I would recommend you read The Invisible Ring and of course The Shadow Queen first. I don't know when The Shadow Queen will be released in PB but I'll be sure to let you know!

Kerry said...

What perfect timing for seeing this. I'm currently rereading The Invisible Ring in anticipation of finally reading The Shadow Queen. I've had it since it came out, but for various health reasons (and a too large TBR) haven't got to it yet. Even with being behind, I can't wait for this one.

Renee said...

Oh! I missed this post!

Doin' the happy dance. Cover looks great, and reading the description makes me want it to be March, already! :-D

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Amy!

It looks great!

Dottie :)

Erotic Horizon said...

I still haven't read them yet - but I am working my way through your recommendations ....

Love the cover....

E.H>