Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Love Letter and a...Nomination?

I woke up this morning around four to feed my insufferable pussy cat! So on my way back upstairs I happened to stop by the computer for a moment and checked my email. The normal junk was there along with some important ones. But two really caught my eye. The first one was from my husband. Every once in a while I'll get a little message from him. This one brought a tear. The subject line read, "I love you!!", and inside was this lovely note...
Good Morning Sweetpea! I saw this video on You tube last night and it reminded me of just how much I love you. I know I say it...but I just want you to know that I love you more than my words can say. My soul would be empty without you. Our coming together 16 years ago was not by chance, it was our fate and our destiny. When I sit and think about you, I realize how much you mean to Devin and I. You are an amazing woman and I'm proud to have you as a wife,a friend,and as my love!.........Shawn
And the video you ask. What was the video my dear husband sent me to watch. Well, its a song about a man who loses his wife and his pain and loneliness in dealing with his life without her. It's not a romantic video to send to your spouse, but it shows me that he would be lost without me.

We have our moments, what couple doesn't, but I know he loves me! We sometimes say things we shouldn't, but in the end, he's always there for me, as he says I'm always there for him.

I love you, too!



Now I know what song he's going to play when I die! Hey, at least it's one I like too :).

Now on to the second email.

I've been nominated for a BBAW award for Best Writing! Oh my goodness, I don't even know what to say, except I have this incredible warmth flittering through me that someone nominated me. And thank you so much!



I feel like the luckiest person in the world right now and I'm so in love with my inbox!


29 comments:

JennJ said...

Hi Amy! AWWWWWWWW that is so sweet! What a guy! I think that is just wonderful!

And BIG Congrats on the Nomination hon!!! That's wonderful! YAY

Leontine said...

Wow, romance and a nomination, Amy this day already rocks for you. Enjoy both (((hugs)))

Amy C said...

Thank you, Jenn and Leontine!

I'm telling you, this is like the best day! I'm feeling the love :D.

Lea said...

AmyC:

How lovely of Shawn, what a nice thoughtful thing to do.

And, CONGRATULATIONS!! That is wonderful and I wish you all the luck in the world. Romance Book Wyrm (and its innovator) is very deserving...

HUGS
L

Anna said...

Aww how sweet! Well he's definitely a keeper. ;)

Congrats on the nomination!!

((hugs))

Book Junkie said...

OMG!! That is one of the sweetest things I have read. You have a real keeper on your hands!! and Congrats BTW!!!!!

Mary G said...

Hi Amy
Seems that Shawn has a way with words too! Congrats on the nom - well deserved. Hope your glow lasts all day.

MsMoonlight (Elizabeth Jules Mason) said...

Oh that video made me tear up! What a sweet hubby you have Amy and congrats on the nomination, you earned it.

:o)

MsM

Cecile said...

Awwwwwww Amy.... That was very endearing of hubby!! WOW, that was really awesome of him to do that. Don't ya just love when they do something like that. Totally unexpected. I know that just made your week!!!!

And of course.... Congrats on the nomination!!!!! You soooo deserve it!!!! I am so happy for you!!

I know you will have an awesome day today!!!!

Amanda said...

Aw Amy that is so cute!! He is really a keeper!!

Congratulations on the Nomination Sweetie! Its well deserved!

Michelle G said...

Amy,

Your Hubby is a keeper. :)

Congrats on the nomination and best of luck!!!

M

Blodeuedd said...

Hi Amy,
Yay, congrats on your nomination :D

Sweet and sad song.

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Amy!

He's a keeper! Sooo sweet!

And congrats! We both know you deserve it!

Dottie :)

Brooke Reviews said...

Congrats on the nomination! :D

Lori said...

That is so sweet! What a wonderful guy :)

Congrats on the nomination!

Amy C said...

You know, sometimes I get so frustrated and I wonder why I 'keep' him, but all in all, the good far out weighs the bad ;). And then he does something like this!

Thank you all so much! I don't need nominations and all that. I'm just so happy you all feel I'm interesting enough to stop by and leave me a little something to read. That's what makes the experience so grand, 'seeing' all of you nearly everyday!

Chris said...

Aw, so sweet! And congrats!! :D

Eva S said...

What a wonderful thing to do!! A real keeper!

Congrats, you really deserve it!

AnimeJune said...

Congratulations for your nomination, Anna! It's well-earned!

Christine said...

Aww. What wonderful emails to wake up to!! I'm so happy for you, Amy. : )

Book Chick City said...

Aaah, that's just so sweet. I like a man who can express is feelings and get in touch with his feminine side - you are a lucky woman :) Congrats on the nomination too. Good Luck!

Viv Arend said...

Congrats on both counts... but may I say while the nomination is sweet, I think your hubby is sweeter.

Family and love is the most important thing. :)

Tracy said...

First let me say that your husband's message brought a tear to my eye. OMG that was one of the sweetest things I've ever read. He's one special man.

Secondly..OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so very cool!!! And richly deserved!

Amy C said...

Viv! I totally agree with you. I really do love my husband and I know he loves me. 99% of the time we have a wonderful relationship and I really can't ask for anything different. He accepts me for all that I am!

Yeah, Tracy, brought a bit of tear to mine too :). He's so good to me!

Again, thank you all for your comments and congrats!

Amanda McIntyre said...

Wow I'd say the dh out ranks the blog nod any day! Talk about a keeper! You lucky woman!

but heyt congrats too on the blog award that too is well deserved for such a special person!

Amanda M.

Julie at Outlandish Dreaming said...

As usual, I'm late in responding, but a big congrats to you and your nomination!!!! I'm so happy for you - what an honor! Yay you!

Donna (Fantasy Dreamer) said...

You have a wonderful husband! Hang on to him, tight!

Congratulations! Amy, you are so deserving of this nomination!!

Linda Ellen said...

Aww, that is so sweet! Thanks for sharing that note, and congrats on being nominated! =)

Leanna Renee Hieber said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NOMINATION! I'm so excited for you, very well-deserved indeed!