Monday, August 10, 2009

Mailbox Monday

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I did, but am sore as a result. It all started Thursday when I came home from the bookstore after using a lovely 40% off coupon at Borders. My husband was in the process of cleaning out the refrigerator. Oh and it was in need too :). That bag of potatoes, well, they were no longer potatoes! He did such a fabulous job. Looked like a brand new fridge! When he was done, he mentioned the blinds! I thought what a great idea. I started in our bedroom and cleaned that up spic and span, while he started on the living room windows. Now he knows why they don't get done all that often. It's alot of work! But they are all clean now and the house has that feeling of clean, you know. After that was done on Friday, we talked about painting! So Friday night we painted the Dining Room. Oh it looks so nice. It's a nice warm, toasty brown, kinda like my coffee! I love when he helps me, keeps me motivated to continue cleaning when it's the thorough kind of cleaning.



I don't think you can tell from the picture how dark the brown is. It looks lighter with the flash than what it actually is. I love it! Next will be our bedroom. Not sure when but soon I hope! It's still just an off white color. Just a quick paint over from when we first moved in 9 years ago. It could use a fresh coat too. Liven it up a little. It is a room we spend a lot of quality time in :)!

Then Saturday I spent the day with my mom out in Lewiston. It's a cute little town down by the Niagara River. I had mentioned going down there to browse the little shops and have lunch then walk down to the river. When we got there, there was an arts and craft show going on, taking up the whole of the main street! It was nice but my body was already sore from the painting and cleaning. We still had a good time. I had my first Reuben Melt. It was okay, but I don't like Thousand Island Dressing so it wasn't the best. I would have liked it much better dry! Of course, I would never say that to my husband :P!

I did get a nice haul of books this past week! I'm going to be lazy though and just list them without any pictures :).

I bought these ones at the bookstore.
Erin Quinn - Haunting Beauty (40% off Coupon)
Robin D. Owens - HeartFate (for 1 dollar!)
Lora Leigh - Bengal's Heart
Kimberly Raye - In the Midnight Hour

And these ones came in the mail.
Kirsten Saell - Healer's Touch (already read this, but needed it in print)
Lisa Marie Wilkinson - Fire at Midnight (review coming soon)
Kathryne Harvey - Butterfly (Saw this one on Lea's Blog) PBS
Suzanne Brockman - The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters book one) PBS
Deborah Talmadge-Bickmore - The Heldan (Because I noticed she follows my blog. This book is older, and out of print, but what the heck! It's fantasy :)!) PBS

Almost everyday I received a book in the mail. That's always nice, eh? I think that was everything.

What about you, did you get anything new?

Weekly meme hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page


17 comments:

Leontine said...

Hi Amy,
What a books 0-0 I also received the book of Erin Quinn, this one along with Bad Moon Rising and Dreamfever are very high on my TRP.

I also have the book of Kimberly Raye :D Enjoy all of your news book Amy and I look forward to reading your reviews, especially on Erin Quinn;s book!

Blodeuedd said...

Hi Amy,
The room looks lovely :D
And you got some nice books there. A book each day, now that is lovely. I could not think of anything better.

Amy C said...

Hey Leontine,
Yes, I ordered Bad Moon Rising the other day but it hasn't arrived yet :). That Erin Quinn book sure does sound good!

Hey Blodeuedd,
Thanks! And yes a book a day is the best medicine :).

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Amy!

I second Blodeuedd, the room is beautiful. I'm painting the kitchen some time this week, I hope. I'd like to get the living room and kitchen done before the kids head back to school, they're very handy with the rollers. I used to do it all myself, but just can't any more.

Wow, you had a good book week too! I'm always so envious of everyone else's books, lol, makes me want to go shopping all over again!

Happy Reading!

Dottie :)

Anna said...

You got some good books there. This week I got:

Bitten & Smitten- Michelle Rowen
I'm the Vampire, That's Why- Michele Bardsley
The Silver Sword- Angela Elwell Hunt

I'm going up to Duluth today, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, it doesn't rain.

Cecile said...

Girl, a book a day!!! You go girl!!!
And the painting... I might just have to call you and your hubby over when I need my house painted!!! You know how I feel about painting... one room and I was done!! LOL!!!
But it came out beautiful Amy!!! Go hubby for taking the job on!! And cleaning too!!! WOWOWOWOW!
I did go to Borders this past weekend. I will post sooner or later what I got. I only got four books!
I hope you had a great day!! And girl, take a good hot soak in the tub to ease those muscles!

Michelle G said...

Amy,

I love the color of your dining room - it looks wonderful. :)

Very nice haul of books. Happy Reading!!

M

Christine said...

Hey, the room looks great! I know what you mean about the camera not capturing the wall color so great. I thought the same thing when I took pictures of my house after it got painted. But I can tell your new color is definitely darker. I love it. And you added or moved a shelf onto the larger wall, didn't you? I like it!

I see you have the first Troubleshooters book now. And here I thought I was the only one who hadn't read those yet! LOL

Amy C said...

Hey Dottie,
Thank you! It is always nice to have help whne painting! I usually do it alone and was so happy that he helped me :). It was my choice to do it alone, not like he refused to help or anything! You got some really awesome books yourself. Can't wait to see what you think of Denise Rossetti!

Hey Anna,
I saw The silver sword the other day. It looks good. I hope you have a great day with your mom in Duluth!

Hey, Cecile! That sounds great and all, but I'd have to charge you by the hour!! And I'm not cheap! But we could work something out *waggles eyebrows* LOL Can't wait to see what you got!

Thanks, Michelle! Happy reading to you too :)

Christine, thanks! Actually no there isn't anything new on the one wall, I just took the picture before I painted but after I took everything off the walls.
Ha! No, haven't read anything by Brockman yet either. Not sure when I'll get to it either!

Donna (Fantasy Dreamer) said...

I real like how your dining room is decorated and painted, very nice. Earth tones are so comforting.

I've been wanting to read a Robin D. Owens book. Very curious plus the covers are her books are always so pretty.

Enjoy your reads!

Judy H said...

Amy,
The dining room looks great. There is nothing like a fresh coat of paint to change the feel of a room.
Almost anything is better than white, its so boring.
I haven't been reading much lately, I kind of got hooked on Hidden Object games online....or downloaded if I can....:)
Happy reading!

Armenia said...

Amy,
Your living room came out great. It looks so clean and bright after the painting. Hubby and I want to paint, but we still have grimy little hands here in the house and feel perhaps in another year or two when they're done smudgin' the walls, we can finally paint with color.
Enjoy your books, you had a busy weekend.

Stephanie*magic* said...

Your dining room looks beautiful!!
Wow, that's quit a book haul, lol!!!

Friday I got the book I won from Michelle Rowen, Dall, Dark and Fangsome. Its really funny!
Today I got Temptation of the Warrior by Margo Maguire.

Hope all is good with you Amy.
Miss you alot!!!

Take care.

Tracy said...

Wow I'd be sore after all that work as well - but the place looks great. I'm sure the rest of the house is as beautiful as your dining room. I love the new color.

I only bought 1 book this week can you believe it? The new Brockmann and only because it was already 30% off and I had a 40% off coupon - cuz it's HC which I hardly ever buy. Anyway, I think I bought so many when I was on vacation I needed to take a break this week. :)

Oh wait....I just remembered - that's a LIE! omg I didn't even remember the 2 K.Z. Snow books in the Utopia X series and books 3 and 4 of Jet Mykles Heaven Sent Series I bought. My bad! lol My brain - it's going fast! lol

I hope you like Bengal's Heart. I thought it was good.

Cindy W said...

Hey Amy! I love the wall. It looks wonderful. I need to go post my books too!

MsMoonlight (Elizabeth Jules Mason) said...

Love the photos it really looks great! Isn't it a good feeling when you get in one of those cleaning/doing modes and just get so much done so fast? I love when that happens- too bad it doesn't happen to me often!
Nice haul on the books!

:o)

MsM

Lori said...

The dining room looks so pretty! And how jealous am I at how clean your house is, LOL.

Love the book haul you got. I got a ton of books this week. Can't remember them all, actually, but there was a large mix of ebooks and tree books.