Monday, August 17, 2009

Mailbox Monday

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend. I got some really great books this past week! Two arrived in my mailbox and one I bought at the bookstore. I did also receive some amazing promo items from Gerri Russell! She was so good to me and I hope you all give her new book that comes out in a few days on the 25th a try--To Tempt a Knight! I read her other three books (Medieval and set in Scottland--two of my favorite things!) all very good with a hint of magic regarding a different stone that the story is built around--The Warrior Trainer, Warrior's Bride, and Warrior's Lady

In the mail--The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker (Thank you to Leanna Renee Hieber and Dorchestor Publishing!) I've already read and reviewed this hauntingly magnificent book!

And then I finally got the first book in Morgan Howell's Queen of the Orcs Trilogy, King's Property! I kinda got them backwards. But now I have them all so I can read them soon.

My bookstore find was actually a sort of challenge from one of the ladies that works there. And how can I pass on a challenge? I thought it would be nice to have a little something in common with her since she doesn't read romance. I did once look at Firefly Lane and thought it would be something I would like to read. Now i have it, and I'll be reading it soon!


My Guys at Fantasy Island Theme Park!

This weekend turned out to be a really great one! It was so nice having Brennan here with us. He's actually still here. He leaves in the morning. But we had a great time. Took the boys to Fantasy Island for a couple of hours on Saturday. It was hot! So we really didn't stay all that long, but Devin did get to go on the water slides he hadn't been able to go on before :).

Brennan is the same, yet different. He's a teenager! Man, am I not used to teenagers. They sleep forever!!! I did get a little upset Saturday night, or rather Sunday morning! I woke up at 1 am and my 10 year old was still up playing video games! I was not happy, but I let Shawn deal with it. I'm too grumpy when I wake up in the middle of the night to talk to anyone :). Shawn laughed at me in the morning. He said I reminded him of his mom the way I stormed down the stairs to find him! I think I gave him flashbacks to when he was a teenager living at home...HAHAHA!

My mom's coming over today for dinner to see Brennan. She hasn't seen him since I first met Shawn. Brennan was just a baby!

What about you, did you get anything new?

Weekly meme hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.


24 comments:

Leontine said...

What a wonderful books again, I read about Gerri Russell's new series and Templar Knights always do well with me. After reading your review of Leanna Renee Hieber (titel is soooo long, prefer authors name)I ordered me a copy. I am very intrgued by the blurb and wonder what this story is all about.

enjoy your new books Amy.

Amy C said...

Ha! Leontine! The title is a long one, but I think it's a really cool title for the book. I usually just say Percy Parker :). But I am SOO happy to hear that you ordered a copy! You will like it. I just know it! And Leanna did mention that the next book will still follow Percy and Alexi! So their romance isn't quite finished yet! That makes me very happy. I wish i had the second one now to read!

Heather D said...

Great books!! And I am so happy that y'all had a good visit!

Heather D said...

Oh, I got the Morgan Howell book a couple of weeks ago and completely forgot about it. I am so glad that it is the first one in the series!!

Amy C said...

Awesome, Heather! I hope you like it! I read Erotic Horizon's review and it sounds really good. I did read The first in his second trilogy, A Woman Worth Ten Coppers, and I really like his writing style, so I'm sure this trilogy is going to be good!

Mandi said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend:)

I received Tamed by a Laird - Amanda Scott, and Highland Obsession - Dawn Halliday - both books I won recently. Can't wait to start them :)

Amy C said...

Hi Mandi,
I've never read anything by Amanda Scott. I think I had one of her books, but it was getting bad reviews and it was the second book, so I passed it on. I think it was her. I've seen alot of Highland Obsession floating around! I hope you enjoy your books!!

DCMetroreader said...

The Firelane book looks interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Patti said...

Looks like you had a great weekend - LOL teenagers DO sleep alot!

The books by Ms. Russel sound good - will look for them next time I'm at the store.

Michelle G said...

Amy,

Great books. :) I have the 2nd and 3rd book in the Queen of the Orcs series and like you, I'm waiting on the first one before I start reading. I can't wait for your reviews. :)

M

Kristen said...

These look really good. And nice that you had such a fun visit. I'm also not terribly coherent or happy in the middle of the night. ;-)

Amy C said...

Hi DCMetroreader, the lady at the bookstore said that Firefly Lane will make you cry. I'm really looking forwrd to reading it. It really does sound good.

Hi Patti, yes it has been a nice weekend! Oh and thank you for looking into Gerri Russell :D.

Hi Michelle, I'm looking forward to starting King's Property. Hopefully soon! :D

Hi Kristen, nice to know I'm not the only middle-of-the-night-grump!

Erotic Horizon said...

Amy...

It finally there (Kings Property) - I cant wait to hear what you think....they are turning out to be some awesome read for me...

Glad to know the weekend went smashingly - with the kids....

Have a great week..

E.H>

Amy C said...

Hey EH,
Yes! It's finally here! Hopefully soon, I'll get to it. All this thinking about it makes me want to get started on it now, but I have at least one book to read first. Ah, so many books, so little time :D.

I Heart Book Gossip said...

What pretty loot you have there Amy. I didn't get much either. These few weeks have been super slow.
Your stepson reminds me of my brother. He's also a teenager. They all sleep till the sun sets and eat until the fridge is left with condiments. LOL!

Have a great week! It's been sooooo hot out here.

-IHBG

Blodeuedd said...

Hi Amy,
Great week for you, and love that t-shirt, very nice promo stuff.

I am glad you all had a lovely weekend, and yes teens do sleep late. I remember when I suddenly didn't need to sleep that much

Lori said...

And welcome to my world....

Up til 1, sleep til 1. You get used to it after a while. I finally stopped getting annoyed and just say g'night and go to bed. Youngest son self-monitors now, but at first thought it was ultra-cool to stay up till all hours of the night. Now he knows he's useless the next day if he doesn't go to bed by 11 (9:45 on school nights).

I'm finally going to dig into the new Brockmann. And Lisa Jackson's new one, Malice. Psyched for those two. Have a great day!!

Lea said...

Sounds like an awesome weeked Amy and you got some great books there!

Yeah, teenagers - that is the way their bodies work. Mine are now in their 20's and still tend to stay up half the night and sleep late, but they do change to meet school challenges etc.

They both look like great boys Amy!!

Have fun. :)

Yeah, it's hot as hell here too - like 102 and muggy... an ick fest is what it is... lol

Best
L

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Amy!

I'm glad that you had a great weekend, teenagers like to stay up all night and sleep all day, I have three (sometime three too many, lol). It drives my nuts that they think it's okay to stay up all night. What really irritated me was I woke up at 4 am and they were all still up, I wanted to kill all three of them. I've threatened to make them get up super early with only a couple hours of sleep. That first day of school is going to be a killer!

Donna (Fantasy Dreamer) said...

Nice arrivals this week! Love the stash from Gerri Russell.

I download the first book in Morgan Howell's Queen of the Orcs Trilogy, it looks so interesting.

Happy to see you had a good visit with your stepson. That's so cool!

Eva S said...

Hi Amy,
enjoy your great books! I'll look for this Morgan Howell, sounds good.

I got Highland Obsession by Dawn Halliday and bought Dragon Actually by GA Aiken, looking forward to reading them both!

Have a great week!

Tracy said...

You got good books! I'll have to look up Firefly Lane.

Yes, teenagers can be very trying. Twenty somethings as well. My oldest kept telling me about how late she stayed up with my niece while she was gone. I finally just had to hold up my hand and tell her I didn't want to hear any more! lol

Cecile said...

Hey Amy, I don't have much time... But I wanted thank you for posting the pictures of your guys!! I am not having a good night with the ereader. Hubby is working on it right now... I'll email you tomorrow. But I wanted to drop by to say hi and send my love your way!!! I promise to be back tomorrow!!! LOL!
I am glad that you had a great time with your boys!!! And I Hope you have a wonderful tomorrow!

Kelly said...

I have FireFly Lane and I swear to myself that someday I'm going to get around to it! Looks like you had a great time with the boys!

Happy reading! You can see my mailbox here.