Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

For some reason I woke up this morning thinking it was Tuesday. And then I realized that that was yesterday! I guess I wanted to do "New Release Tuesday" again! Nothing like hitting the bookstores for those long awaited books :). These two books for this weeks "Waiting on Wednesday" both release on September 1st, and I can't wait to get my paws on them both! I just know they are going to be favorites on my shelves.


I first heard about this book from Megan Hart. We had emailed a few times after I read Stranger and she told me about this new series she was working on, a new fantasy series! I kinda forgot about it, until I saw it posted the other day on RR@H. Doesn't it sound so good?

Pleasure and Purpose
by Megan Hart
Coming September 1, 2009
Fantasy Romance

The Handmaidens of the Order of solace are named for the exquisite services that best reflect their true Calling. Their greatest pleasure is giving pleasure — devoted as they are to fullfilling the desires of the mind, the needs of the soul, and the cravings of the body.

STILLNESS…Hermission is to soothe the conscience of Edward, a man in need of redemption after a shocking sexual act destroyed a friendship and resulted in a tragedy only spoken about in hushed whispers. What Edward needs is love — the one thing a Handmaiden is forbidden to offer, unless she, too, is willing to break the rules.

HONESTY…She has been with the Order too long, and her heart grows evermore reluctant to serve. Her final vow of solace is to Cillian, Prince of Firth — handsome, charmingly irascible, and looking for a maiden who will bend to his every whim. Instead, he gets the unexpected — a bold, fresh, and daring experiment…in Honesty.

DETERMINATA…When confronted with an unusual client like Alaric, a man growing more and more lost in a haze of random sex and drugs, there are many ways for a Handmaiden to provide solace — and they all don’t involve submission. Mina has just the plan to literally whip her man into shape.

I have been a fan of Eve Silver's Gothic Historicals since I won an ARC of Dark Prince two years ago! She writes beautifully gritty suspense Victorian Gothics that propel you into the dark settings she creates with her word choices. I just love them! The momentum of her stories drives you from beginning until the end.

Seduced by a Stranger
by Eve Silver
September 1, 2009

Gothic Historical Romance

WITH JUST ONE GLANCE...

The vast, dense forest and murky lake that surround Cairncroft Ab
bey aren't the only menacing elements that envelop the estate. For a dark history lies behind its walls-where secrets and evil still linger...

SHE FALLS...

Catherine Weston arrives at Cairncroft Abbey to visit her childhood friend Madeline St. Aubyn whose health seems to deteriorate with each passing day. Even stranger, Madeline appears to grow more nervous whenever she is in the presence of her cousin, Gabriel. But Gabriel has quite a different effect on Catherine-stirring a longing deep within her...

UNDER HIS DANGEROUS SPELL...

Gabriel St. Aubyn is haunted by the curse that has plagued his family for decades. Living with the constant torment that he too will succumb to it one day, he has resigned himself to a solitary existence.

Yet when he meets Catherine, he cannot resist her company-or his growing desire for her. But when a young woman is found dead, Catherine cannot ignore the link between this horrific crime and Gabriel. Is he the tender, charismatic man she loves-or a sinister stranger waiting to make her his next victim?...


Click here for more information about her other Gothic Historicals and to read an excerpt of Seduced by a Stranger!

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.



17 comments:

Leontine said...

You always post releases I have to add to my wishlist LOL The one of Megan Hart goes on that list, thanks for the heads up Amy.

Amy C said...

Hey Leontine! I can't wait to read that one. I have four of her books on the TBR shelf but I think this one will get read before them! I love a good fantasy!

Katiebabs a.k.a KB said...

I haven't read Megan Hart yet but this next book by her looks really good. Nice cover.

Blodeuedd said...

Where did I see that Hart book now again, well it sounded cool wherever I saw it :D
The both do

Christine said...

I love Megan Hart. That is all.

Amy C said...

Nuff said, Christine :D!

Hi Katie, I didn't know you haven't read Megan Hart. I would have thought she was one that you did. You really should :)!

He Blodeuedd, don't they both sound good? I love both authors! It'll be an exciting trip that week to the bookstore, no doubt :).

The_Book_Queen said...

You know, I did the same thing this morning. I woke up and thought 'Oh, it's Tuesday'. And then about an hour later I realized 'Idiot, it's Wednesday!' This was then followed by some quick running action out the door with my garbage to hurry and take it out to the road before the truck came by to pick it up. I think I made it with about 15 minutes to spare before he hit my house! LOL. Oops...

I was just on Megan's website the other day, looking at her upcoming releases and reading some of the excerpts (yum!) when I came across this one myself-- and on my wish list it went! LOL. I haven't read any of her books yet, but they're all there on my list, waiting.

Eve's books are also another 'Never read but want to'. *SIGH* There seem to be more and more of those kind on my list lately...

Great picks though! :)

Enjoy!
TBQ

Cybercliper said...

I haven't read any of Megan Hart - I know - I'm behind the times - but I love Eve Silver!!! Great reviews...thanks...

Anna said...

Wonderful cover. I have this one on my list too.

Lea said...

Hey Amy!!

WOW, my eyes are bugging out of my head at Megan Hart's new cover!!

That book is going on wish list for sure, it sounds amazing.

Thank you for sharing!!

L

Katiebabs a.k.a KB said...

Amy: There are so many authors I haven't read! LOL

Erotic Horizon said...

I have already added it to the Fantasy calendar - it does sound cool...

E.H>

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

These look great Amy!

Thanks for sharing the beautiful covers.

Dottie :)

Renee said...

I'm another one who saw the Megan Hart book on her site and the excerpt was so intriguing! I just ordered Stranger today (Harlequin has it at 40% off) and this one is on my tbb list! Beautiful cover, too!

Is the Eve Silver part of a series?

Amy C said...

I don't know, Katie, I just imagine you having read just about every author! And I mean that in a good way!

Hey TBQ, my husband takes the garbage out, but there have been times he's let it slip his mind and we've had to do the rush in morning to get it out :D.

Oh Cybercliper! I just love Eve's historicals! So nice to see another lover of her books!

hey Lea, yeah, that cover is pretty revealing :D!

Awesome, EH! I hope it's a good one!

Hey Dottie :)

Hi Renee, no, Eve's historicals are all stand alone. Nothing at all connects them! Just their eerieness!

Donna (Fantasy Dreamer) said...

I love the feeling of anticipating a new book!

I haven't read anything by Megan Hart. Pleasure and Purpose sounds interesting, I didn't know she was a fantasy writer. I need to pay better attention. :)

Kris said...

ooh, the Megan Hart one has a pretty cover!! I love fantasy romance i will definitely put that one on my list. thanks for the heads up.