Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Review - Haunting Beauty by Erin Quinn


Haunting Beauty
by Erin Quinn
August 2009

Abandoned at a young age, Danni has always felt different. Afraid to open herself up and explore the oddness of who she is. Danni never knew what happened to her family. She grew up in foster home after foster home. And then one night a strange, yet somehow familiar man, appears on her doorstep, and from that moment on, everything changes. This man, Sean Ballagh, claims to know where her father is, who she is, where she's from. He has answers she's lived her entire life wondering about.

Now's her chance to discover her past, as visions unfold, and an amazing journey sweeps both Danni and Sean back in time to twenty years in the past, just a few days before the terrible events unfold that will change their life to the one they just left. It's not often second chances are given. Does Danni have the power within herself to alter the tragic events?

The imagery and tone created a mysterious and vivid story. The twisted, tangled, and devastating events from the past catapult this book on a journey to uncover the secrets that will allow Danni and Sean to find the peace and answers they need to heal and find the love of of a family Danni has always yearned to have. The twists and turns this dark tale takes you on was at times confusing, and some things were left unanswered or rather unanswerable, but I chalk that up to storytelling and the beauty of fiction. Let your mind wonder and explore the possibilities.

Complex and fascinating to say the least!

5 stars! Loved this book!


8 comments:

Patti said...

I just bought this book, great review, can't wait to read it!

Amy C said...

Good morning, Patti :)

This one was really good. It was one of those that once I got started I was hooked right away. I hope you like it too!

Sophie Renwick said...

I really enjoyed this one as well. I love her prose, it's beautiful and the overall tone of the book was haunting.

I'm glad it got pointed out to me, or I might not have found it! That's what I love about reader blogs, they unearth a treasure trove of books I might never have tried!

Blanche said...

I just bought this one and I'm very anxious to start reading it! Great review Amy! :)

ibeeeg said...

Great review!
I loved this book as well! The overall feeling was one of haunting. I could not put the book down.


If interested, here is my review

Blodeuedd said...

Sounds good to me :D

Tracy said...

oooh - sounds really good. Thanks Amy!

Patti said...

I left you an award over at my place:
http://sleeplessinneworleans2.blogspot.com/2009/09/friday-mish-mash.html

Have a great weekend!