Friday, October 30, 2009

Another Birthday...Another Deer!

I don't know if any of you remember or not, but last year I had posted here on my blog about the deer we hit on my birthday on our way home from dinner and the bookstore. Well, believe it or not, we nearly hit another one!! In the entire year since we hit that one, we never even came close to hitting another one....Until tonight, that is!


You wanna talk about strange coincidences! That was strange indeed. It was funny, because on and off today we all had joked about how strange it would be if we should hit a deer again this year on our way home. Of course, we never thought it would ever happen. The whole way driving home we talked about it, laughing and such. Then when we passed the place we hit the deer last year, we all let out a sigh of relief. Whew, we made it, we thought! Yeah, that is until we were about a 1/4 of a mile from our house, and what do you know, we nearly took out another deer. It was like the exact same thing as last year. First dinner, then the bookstore, then home! And the time, dude, it was even right at the same time, give or take a few minutes. Crazy, crazy stuff!

And you know what the weirdest thing was, never in the ten years we have lived in our house have I seen a deer cross the road on our street! What are the odds that two years in a row our evening would turn out like that? But at least this year we didn't hit the deer. And this one was huge! Had to have been an eight point! I think the one we hit last year was a doe :(. And she did some serious damage to my Jeep, this one would have done a heck of alot worse.

So needless to say, next year we are not leaving Lockport! We will not be heading down Transit in that direction! We are going to stay right here in town for dinner and the bookstore trip will just have to be done in the afternoon :)!

I just thought I'd share that with you all. It was just one of those really strange coincidences.

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes today to both me and Cecile! You guys are all awesome :)!

Happy Halloween!


13 comments:

Blanche said...

Happy Happy Birthday Amy!!

Elizabeth Jules Mason (AKA "MsMoonlight") said...

I always get so afraid driving this time of year because so many animals seem to be darting across the road.
I remember being told not to drive in piles of leaves on the side of the road because kittens like to play in the leaves and you could run them over without knowing it! I about died thinking of killing a little kitten! I don't want to hit anything with my car.

Chris said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad you didn't hit the deer this year, but sheesh! Did you buy a lottery ticket? ;)

Randi said...

Happy Birthday!!

Cybercliper said...

Happy Birthday Amy...maybe next year you can shake up the fates and have your birthday dinner and bookstore trip the day before your big day!

Mary G said...

Best wishes always Amy

Renee said...

Happy birthday, sweetie!

((Amy))

Blodeuedd said...

Sounds best to be just home and save then :)

Eva S said...

I'm a little late, but I hope you had a Happy, Happy Birthday!!

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Amy!

You sure were lucky this year, lol. At least you got you're scare on. I'm with Chris, did you buy a lottery ticket, because the odds are with you!

Take care sweetie!!

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Christine said...

That is a freaky coincidence. I'm glad you didn't collide this time.

Tracy said...

Ok how freaky is that? Bizarre. You apparently have the "I try not to hit deer" mojo and they come after you. lol Glad you escaped this one. :)

Fiona Robyn said...

Hello – I’m an author and a fellow member of the Bookblogs site, and I wanted to invite you (and your readers) to join in my Blogsplash – there’s more information at http://www.fionarobyn.com/thawblogsplash.htm. Thanks for listening!