Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


A Thanksgiving Poem

T’was the night of Thanksgiving,
But I just couldn’t sleep.
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned,
The dark meat and white.
But I fought the temptation,
With all of my might.
Tossing and turning,
with anticipation.
The thought of a snack
became infatuation.
So I raced to the kitchen,
Flung open the door,
And gazed at the fridge,
Full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey,
And buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots,
Beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling,
So plump and so round.
‘til all of a sudden,
I rose off the ground.
I crashed through the ceiling,
Floating into the sky,
With a mouthful of pudding,
And a handful of pie.
But I managed to yell
As I soared past the trees
Happy eating to all,
Pass the cranberries, please!!
May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious,
May your pies take the prize
And May your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off of your thighs!
by Lauren

Happy Thanksgiving.
I wish you all a beautiful day!



18 comments:

Elizabeth Jules Mason (AKA "MsMoonlight") said...

Happy Thanksgiving Amy!!!!!!

:o)

MsM

Cecile said...

Happy Thanksgiving honey!!! From my heart and home to your! I am wishing you and your family a very blessed, happy and homey Thanksgiving! Love you!

Blodeuedd said...

Happy Thanksgiving AMY :D
Eat some good stuff for me since we don't have it over here

Amy C said...

Hi MsM! Thank you! And Happy Thanksgiving to you :D!

Hi Cecile,
That's the one thing about our thanksgiving...it's always homey and quiet since it's just the three of us and my mom. No stress for me! I wish you the same, Cecile :D!
Hugs!

Hi Blodeuedd,
You guys don't have anything that resembles Thanksgiving? Maybe you should just start it yourself with your family :D. The last Thursday of November fix a big ole turkey dinner, with pumpkin pie :D!!

Anna said...

Hi Amy,

Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving too!

Christine said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones, Amy!

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Amy!!

Happy Thanksgiving Sweetie!!

I hope you have a wonderful one!! And hoping you and your family are doing great!

(((giant hugs)))

Dottie :)

Lea said...

(((Hugs))) Amy:

Happy Thanksgiving. All the best to you and yours.

All the very Best

Lea

Justine said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too :)

Congrats on winning an award here!

Mary G said...

Happy Thanksgivng Amy
Enjoy It!!

Cindy W said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Donna [Fantasy Dreamer's Ramblings] said...

I hope you and your family have a warm & wonderful Thanksgiving!

Marissa said...

We don't know Thanksgiving over here but have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving Amy!

Michelle G said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

M

Anna ♥ said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great one celebrating this turkey loving day!

Peter Parker said...

christmas wishes quotes free
merry christmas images 2017

reviewsguide said...

rexing v1 review dash cam reviews 2018
rear and front dash cam 2018

dash cam front and rear 2018

Peter Parker said...

dash camera reviews
best capacitor dash cam
best 2 channel dash cam