Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Under the Mistletoe Kiss Scene" Contest

I discovered this fun contest from Sweet Vernal Zephyr's blog and thought what the heck :) (she submitted also!). I already had a scene, I only needed to shorten it to the required max limit of 400 words.

I love kissing scenes. They can be tenderly romantic, or heatedly intense, but no matter how the kiss occurs, they are one of the things I love reading in my romances. There are so many things you can do with a kiss. And so many ways you can kiss. Slow, urgent, passionate, nibbles, sucking. Up against a wall, laying down, sitting up. Hands or no hands, both can be equally intense. And that first kiss, ahhhhhh, it can be sweet, sweet bliss.

I thought I'd share my entry with you. Maybe if you like it, you could go and vote now that voting is open. Of course, you don't have to vote for mine, only if you think it's good enough :)! I would love that!

“Does that hurt,” I whispered as my fingers gently caressed the scarred flesh of his cheek. He flinched, sucking in a breath as if the touch pained him.

For a moment I thought he would push me away, but instead he grabbed my other hand and placed it over his heart and said, “Not there, but here. The scars still hurt here.”

He spoke low, but I could clearly hear the pain in his voice. The physical pain had dissipated years ago. But the emotional pain continued to haunt him.

“Let me help you,” I said. “Please, let me help ease your hurt.” I wanted him in a way I’d never wanted anyone. These past months working in his employ, I’d grown an attachment to him.

Cautiously, I unbuttoned his shirt. I leaned in, tenderly pressing my lips to his throat. I lifted my head and my entire body trembled with passion. His gaze was fastened onto mine. The intensity, the need I saw there, burned itself across my skin.

“No one has touched me as you have.” His voice was gravely to my ears, almost painful sounding.

“No one?” I repeated quietly. I ached for him, in more ways than just this lustful need to take him. My heart wanted to ease him, to please him.

He gave a slight shake of his head in answer, never one time breaking eye contact with me. Then suddenly, he flung my arms away from him. Anger or some other strong emotion contorted his face. “Why would you want to put your beautiful, delicate hands on this scar-riddled flesh?” he spat in disgust, waving his hand around the area in question.

“You don’t repulse me.”

He continued to glare at me, as if my words taunted him. As if I could not possibly mean what I said.

I reached down, gripped his hand and placed it over my heart. “Feel my heart beat? It’s pounding out of control for wanting you, for wanting you to want me.” I said quietly, yet fiercely.

He growled with barely restrained control, and grabbed my face between his hands. His lips fastened onto mine with a punishing forcefulness that shot shards of erotic yearning through me. I clung to him desperately, not wanting this moment to end. I’d dreamed too often for his touch, his kiss. It’s better than any imagined scenario I had ever conjured.


Thanks for reading!


8 comments:

Elizabeth Jules Mason (AKA "MsMoonlight") said...

What a wonderful scene Amy!

:o)

MsM

Blodeuedd said...

I like it Amy :D
Will go vote

Christine said...

I saw that contest graphic on your sidebar the other day and was wondering if you were gonna' say something about it or not. So glad you did. This is a great scene... any chance we'll get to read what came before and what will come next? ;)

Good luck with the contest!

Cecile said...

**Wow** Simply stated honey... Took my breath away.

Amy C said...

Thanks, Ms.M :)

Christine, there isn't much before that scene, and the scene isn't actually finished, so there's nothing after! Eh, someday I might finish it. It'd only be a short story :).

Hi Blodeuedd! Thanks :).

Aww, shucks, Cecile :). Thank you!

Mary G said...

Oh my goodness, that is HOT Amy.
Yeah before & after sounds good.
I went & voted. Good Luck.

Donna [Fantasy Dreamer's Ramblings] said...

Oh, Amy! That passage is beyond wonderful! Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm heading over to vote now. :)

Erotic Horizon said...

I remember the cover artist telling me about this series....

It is one I will be looking out for...

E.H>