Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

It's been awhile since I've done a "Waiting on Wednesday". I kinda miss doing them too. Nothing like talking about books, eh? So I thought I'd share a few books I'm waiting to release on November 24th.

The first one being Karen Ranney's new one, Sold to a Laird. My last two experiences reading her books were extremely gratifying. Devil Wears Tartan and A Scotsman in love. Both were very emotional. However, A Scotsman in Love really hit a nerve. I love that book and think of it often. Just the loneliness each of them feel was so well done.

Karen Ranney - Sold to a Laird
Lady Sarah was the daughter of the Duke of Herridge, and had come to expect almost anything of her father. When he insisted that she marry a perfect stranger, a man who was nothing but an adventurer, he went too far.

She might have married to save her mother, but she wasn't going to like Mr. Eston. Nor was she about to share her life, her thoughts, or her bed with him!

He was the most maddening man, forever challenging her. Why, for example, did he insist on being naked most of the time?

Douglas Eston hadn't expected to find himself married to a woman so much more elevated in rank than he. In fact, he hadn't any rank at all, growing up an orphan on Perth's streets and alleys. But he'd become an inventor, of sorts, and along the way, made himself wealthy.

The woman he'd met in London stunned him, and as he grew to know her, elicited his admiration, summoning feelings he'd never thought to have.
Now, all he needed to do was convince Lady Sarah to give their marriage a chance.

Second on the list is Margaret Mallory's second book, Knight of Pleasure. I won the first book from Anna's blog a few months ago and thought the book was outstanding. So naturally I had to add the second book to the list! Looking forward to reading another fine Medieval tale!

Margaret Mallory - Knight of Pleasure
Lady Isobel Hume is an expert swordswoman who knows how to choose her battles. When the king asks her to wed a French nobleman to form a political alliance, she agrees. But that's before the devilishly charming Sir Stephen Carleton captures her heart-and tempts her to betray her betrothed, her king, and her country.

Sir Stephen Carleton enjoys his many female admirers-until he dedicates himself to winning the lovely Isobel. When a threat against the king leads Isobel into mortal danger, Stephen must prove that he is more than a knight of pleasure ... and that love can conquer all.

And last on the list, but certainly not least, is Stephanie Tyler's Hard to Hold. I forgot about this new series until I seen Lea post an early review for it the other day. I wanted to check this new one out of hers since I really enjoy her and Larissa Ione's duel writing under the name Sydney Croft with their ACRO series.

Stephanie Tyler - Hard to Hold
Lt. Jake Hansen has survived some of the riskiest missions known to man. But now the wounded Navy SEAL faces his toughest job yet: Smuggling Dr. Isabelle Markham out of Africa without triggering an international incident. Not easy to do when the gorgeous hostage happens to be a senator’s daughter —and about as easy to resist as an oasis in the desert…

If it weren’t for Jake, Isabelle would still be halfway across the world, where rebel forces left her for dead. The Special Ops warrior may have saved her life, but she doesn’t need him to protect her now. Tell that to the ruggedly handsome hunk in full battle fatigues who’s just been assigned Isabelle’s personal bodyguard. Close quarters aside, Isabelle won’t let Jake anywhere near her heart — until danger throws them together again…and nothing in the jungles of wildest Africa could prepare them for a passion this wild. This crazy. This hot….

So there you have it! The three books I'm waiting on. What books are you waiting for that release on the 24th?


14 comments:

Elizabeth Jules Mason (AKA "MsMoonlight") said...

Ooohhhhh...Scotsmen, knights and a wounded Navy SEAL...they all sound like great books!
I am not waiting for anything in particular, as I have sworn a vow to myself that I will not buy any books for myself until after Christmas (when I get all my gift certificates to Borders). Until then I just trying to plug away at my mountain of a TBR pile.
I am tempted to go book shopping, but I keep telling myself that all those books will still be there later.
I am enjoying going thru my TBR pile and remembering why and when I bought the books I have. Its also good because I've forgotten any spoilers I might have read in reviews, so its all new to me and full of surprises! LOL

:o)

MsM

Blodeuedd said...

Oh I do love love that cover, the green dress is so pretty.
Those are some good books you are waiting for, I would wait too :D

Cecile said...

My grocery list of books just keeps growing and growing... And I am like Ms. M, I am trying to be good and not buy any... but that is not happening. I am not very good at putting rules on myself, lol!
But I am waiting for Knight of Pleasure by Ms. Margaret too. Now for the other two... you are an evil woman... I will have to put those on my list as well!
I hope all is going well my friend! Love ya! Have a great day!

Christine said...

Oh, I am DEFINITELY waiting on Margaret Mallory's Knight of Pleasure!! I have been waiting since the summer for it... can't wait!

I also have Stephanie Tyler's Hard to Hold on my list. I have had my eye on this series for quite a while, but Lea's recent review has me very anxious for it now.

I also have J.R. Ward's Lover Avenged in paperback on my list for next week. I think I might be one of the few who refused to buy it in hardcover. ;)

Dana said...

Oh the perpetual wait for a Tuesday release! I'm waiting for Carole Nelson Douglas's Vampire Sunrise. The books are good but that woman is crazy! It's actually hilarious whenever I see her in person and remember yet again why sometimes ignorance is bliss. HAHAHAHA!

Reading Amidst the Chaos

Erotic Horizon said...

Those covers are so good...

I am awaiting the postmen with my Gennita Low books more than a actual release...

The Stephanie Tyler book looks right up my street...

E.H>

Margaret Mallory said...

I LOVE hearing that people are waiting for my book!! Thank you. The advice I'm giving people who don't want to buy a book for themselves before Christmas is to buy it, read it...and then wrap it up for your sister. Might as well make two people happy. ;)

Thanks, Amy, for featuring my new release.

Margaret M

~ames~ said...

I was looking forward to the Tyler but I'm also intrigued by those other two. I haven't read either of those authors. Good picks!

Amy C said...

Hi Ms. M,
I tell myself that too, that the books will still be there. I don't have to buy them right away. And sometimes I do wait, but it's hard! Especially now getting a discount off all my books at Borders. But you're right, I'll go through my TBR and pick a book that I bought more than a year ago and think about why I bought it, and then read it and wonder why I let it sit so long!

Hi Linda,
Doesn't that dress on Knight of Pleasure stand out! It's the same for Knight of Desire. I'm curious to see the cover for the third book!

Hey Cecile :),
I'm not really evil! There's just too many good books out there!
And yes, things are going well up here in NY. I wish the same for you, my dear!

Amy C said...

Hi Christine,
Oh yes, I almost forgot about JR Ward. You're not the only one who waited for mass market :). I did too! I bought the hardcovers for SK and I don't like the way they look on my shelf, so I waited. And besides, I still havent read the last SK book in hardcover and it's already out in mass market! I shouldn't have bought it then!

Hi Dana :),
Thanks for stopping by! I love new release Tuesdays! Thanks for sharing your Tuesday book. I've never heard of it. I don't read many books like that. I hope it's a good one! Sounds like you're going to enjoy it!

Hey E.H.,
Another author I haven't read, But I have seen her name around. Maybe I should try her sometime :).

Amy C said...

Hi Margaret!
I love talking about books, and I'm happy that yours is one that others are looking forward to as well! And you are very welcome :).

Hi Ames,
I hope you give Margaret's books a try. The first one, Knight of Desire, was a fine read :)! And after I read Devil Wears Tartan by Karen Ranney, she has been on my must buy list. She has a large backlist, so I'm just going to stick with her new releases. Her last book, A Scotsman in Love, well, that one is one of my favorites. It was very touching and made me cry, and gave me that wonderful all over heated tingly feeling :). Not that others would be affected the same way, but it sure affected me!

kanishk said...

I do love love that cover, the green dress is so pretty.

Lingerie Access

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Three more I definitely wouldn't mind having, I need to get richer and grow more hours in the day.

Dottie :)

Blogger said...

Sprinter - Function One (160BPM)