Sunday, December 6, 2009

Another Holiday Craft!


Crafts! Crafts! Crafts!


Step One: Buy Supplies! I had made these darling accordian style mini-scrapbooks the year Devin was in Four-Year Pre-School for his teacher and the two aides. I made one for myself too, but never added the pictures :). After making the cinnamon ornaments, I thought about this little book and thought it would be fun to make them with Devin and figured I'd even include his friend. He can take it home and give it to his mom for Christmas!


Step Two: Try not to rip hair out as you explain how to fold and attach squares!! Eventually I just took over and folded their paper and attached them. It was much easier :). And I still have my hair. And my sanity! I forgot how time-consuming these little things are! So I decided to make the darn things and then just let the boys do the decorating. It's much easier that way :)! Devin did help me with the stitching on his. Of course it became a race to see who could get all the way around one square! We tied :)!


The Finished product! I think these things are just the cutest things! And with pictures inside...they make for wonderful handmade gifts. The only problem that I have with this is you have to cut some of the pictures so small. But then I just had a thought! If you did want to use most of the picture you could cut it in half, or where ever it would look right, mount the first half in the top section and then mount the second half in either the section right below or right across! Like say Devin was opening a present you could have him on one side and the present on the other or below! I think that would look really cool like that. I'll have to get out a pic from last year and experiment! Who doesn't love to look at pictures? It's a nice and fun little way to display a few moments forever captured.

Tuesday, me and my mom will be making ours :)!


12 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Amy...

This project turned out great. :) I use to do Christmas crafts, but haven't in a long time.

ErotRomReader (Janna) said...

I'm glad you still have your hair ;)
The finished products look really very adorable. I would love to have the skills to make cute things like this, but it all looks like magic to me :)
Hugs,
Janna

Lea said...

Beautiful Amy!!!

You are so gifted. :) And I bet the kids had a great time..!!

Thanks so much for sharing.

((hugs))
Lea

Elizabeth Jules Mason (AKA "MsMoonlight") said...

What fun holiday photos Amy!
Looks like you all had a great time together.

:o)

MsM

Marissa said...

Wow, they are beautiful! Unfortunately I am not that creative to make such pretty things. Sounds like you had a lot of fun too!

Christine said...

Amy! These are great!!! I think I may have made a simpler version of this in a scrap booking class that my daughter's girl scout troop did a few years back. As the leader, I got to make one, too!

Can you type out directions for us how to fold that?



KIDDING!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!

Glad you still have your hair. ;)

Heather D said...

Those are adorable! Is there a website with the directions so that I can learn how to make them. I think they would make some really great Grandparents gifts. And maybe if I have time I can get 20 of them ready for the kids in Cody's class to make during their Holiday party.

Tracy said...

These are great Amy! I love the crafts you're doing. :)

Amy C said...

Thanks, ya'all :D

After Christmas and I get some photos printed, I'll have to repost again with one of them outfitted with some pictures!

Cindy W said...

CUTE! I will have to post a blog on the ornaments I made this year! I really hope to make those cinnamon ornaments this year, I've always wanted to do it! Cindy

Allison('s)Reads said...

Hi Amy, fun AND amazing works of art :) Way to go,and hope your weekend is going well.

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Amy!

I might have to try this one too!! Too cute and how nice!

Dottie :)