Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday - Gail Dayton, Helen Scott Taylor, Jenna MacLaine

One of the last books I'm most eager to get my hands on for 2009 is Gail Dayton's Heart's Blood. It's the sequel to New Blood. A book I nearly passed on reading based on the cover. But finally my need to read the book won out and I bought it. And LOVED it. I had read Gail Dayton previously, The Compass Rose, and think she's a wonderfully talented lady. I do have the next two books in her One Rose Trilogy I have to read!

Heart's Blood
Gail Dayton
12/29/09
    Master conjurer Grey Carteret regains consciousness in a London gutter next to a concerned street urchin and not far from the body of a man murdered by magic. Some fool is hoping to use murder to raise a demon. Arrested for the crime, Grey must rely on the street urchin for help. But the lad turns out to be a comely lass, and she wants something in exchange.

    Pearl Parkin, a gently reared lady struggling to survive in London’s slums, sees magic as a way out of the life she finds herself trapped in. But blackmailing Grey into making her his apprentice has unexpected consequences. As they plunge into the hunt for the murderer, Pearl discovers that the things she once desperately wanted are not as important after all, and that she must risk her blood, her heart and her very life to grasp the love she needs.

www.GailDayton.com


Another book I'm really looking forward to reading is Bound By Sin by Jenna MacLaine. Anna first introduced me to this author and I've enjoyed the first two books in this historical Urban Fantasy style series.

Jenna MacLaine
Bound by Sin

12/29/09

As the Civil War rages among mortal men, Cin Craven is locked in an epic battle of her own—fighting the renegade vampires whose unquenchable appetites she knows all too well. At her side are the immortal warriors of The Righteous- among them her husband, her lover, her soul-mate Michael. With a passion bordering on possession, Cin’s love for Michael knows no bounds. But when a ruthless plantation owner kidnaps Cin’s cousin the most terrifying battle of all awaits. Cin is drawn to the irresistible lure of dark magic to stop their enemies, while Michael staunchly opposes it- putting their love and loyalty to the ultimate test.

www.JennaMacLaine.com


And one of the last books I'm looking forward to is The Phoenix Charm by Helen Scott Taylor. I very much enjoyed the first one, The Magic Knot. I'm looking forward to seeing where this one takes us.

Helen Scott Taylor
The Phoenix Charm

12/29/09


HE'S PURE TEMPTATION

Cordelia has sworn she'll abstain from looking into Michael's future--particularly when the image in the gilded smoke of her divination mirror shows him half naked. Yet she can't resist watching the sexy rascal slowly running his hand down his ribs, over his abdomen, flicking open the button on his jeans with a little flourish like a magician performing a trick.

SHE'S TRYING TO RESIST.

Respectable wise woman Cordelia restrains her secret water nymph sensuality with the Celtic symbols painted on her skin. But Michael's powerful fairy glamour leaves her breathless, off balance, struggling for control. When Gwyn ap Nudd, the Welsh King of the Underworld, steals away Michael's infant nephew, Cordelia must work with him to save the child. But how can she trust her instincts with Michael tempting her to explore the hidden elemental depths of her nature and insisting that she believe in the power of...The Phoenix Charm.

www.HelenScottTaylor.com


9 comments:

MsM said...

I love the cover of "Hearts Blood" - it's just SO appealing to me. The picture, the background and even the title font. I love it all. I haven't read the first book, but I just might pick both books up because of that great cover - it's sucking me in!! hehehe

:o)

MsM

Lea said...

Amy!

Great line up of books there. I too love the cover art of "Heart's Blood" and also "Bound by Sin". Both are so cool looking and sound so good. :)

I hope all is well with you Amy!

((hugs))

L

Cecile said...

Hey Amy!!!!!!! ***waves frantically!!!*** Have missed you hon! I hope all is well with you and your family! Gearing up for the holidays... I see you are putting together a wish list for Santa, lol!!
Your choices blow me away hon, you always seem to bring things I would have never thought otherwise to look at!
I hope you have a great day honey!

Blodeuedd said...

They sounds good, adn I am interested in those first ones, hm, have sure been so for awhile

Anna said...

I definitely have Bound In Sin on my list. :)

I see your reading The Lightening Thief. That's a good one. I just started book 3. I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie.

Amy C said...

Hey MsM,
I agree! The cover of Heart's Blood is very appealing. I like that the font style is the same on both books! I hope you do pick them both up. The first one really is very good. It's definitely my cuppa tea :D.

Hey Lea!
Things are well with me :D. I'm not around as much with working now. But I like going to work. I didn't think I would but I find I really like it.

Hey Cecile :D,
**Waves back***!! As I just mentioned in Lea's comment, I don't have the same time I used to have to blog. When I do get home I have so many things I have to do. But it's all good :D.

Amy C said...

Hey Blodeuedd :D,
I hope you do give both the series a try sometime. I think they are both very good!

Hey Anna,
You know, I bought the Percy Jackson boxed set of the first three books for Devin for his birthday this past year. But he's not much interested in them. Then we were at the movies over the summer and saw previews for The Lightning Thief and I was so excited because I had those books! So I'm finally getting around to reading the first one. I did notice the other day or maybe even longer that you were reading the first book! I'm not too far but I like it so far :D.

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Amy!

I have all three of these books on my radar. I've yet to read any by these authors and again I'm wondering why!! It's another case of so many great books, too little time. I believe I have New Blood in my TBR stacks from you last recommendation. I need to dig it out and read it!! I've been salivating of The Magic Knot and The Phoenix Charm, they look so good!! I'm off to look up Jenna McLaine's series, it looks fantastic as well. I've seen Bound by Sin in the blogosphere, but with my need to read in order, I off to find the first in the series. Thanks for some great recommendations!!

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Amy C said...

Hi Dottie!

I'm so happy to hear that! And I hope you like New Blood. It's always nice to hear that someone got a book based on my thoughts, you know? I think all three series are wonderful and well worth the time to read them!

Hugs to you!