Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lusting for Covers!

Lusting for Covers is a weekly meme, held on Sunday, that allows bloggers to share their current cover obsession with fellow book lovers.
Meme hosted by the lovely Book Queen over at The Book Queen's Palace! Head on over and check it out!

My Lusting for Covers pick would have to be the book I'm reading now, Heart's Blood by Gail Dayton! I have admired this cover for so long now. It actually made me set aside my misgivings toward the first book's cover in this series, New Blood. I just think it's a really neat cover. I can't say I'm actually lusting over it, but I have been admiring it :). And I'm also enjoying the story!


GailDayton.com

Master conjurer Grey Carteret regains consciousness in a London gutter next to a concerned street urchin and not far from the body of a man murdered by magic. Some fool is hoping to use murder to raise a demon. Arrested for the crime, Grey must rely on the street urchin for help. But the lad turns out to be a comely lass, and she wants something in exchange.

Pearl Parkin, a gently reared lady struggling to survive in London’s slums, sees magic as a way out of the life she finds herself trapped in. But blackmailing Grey into making her his apprentice has unexpected consequences. As they plunge into the hunt for the murderer, Pearl discovers that the things she once desperately wanted are not as important after all, and that she must risk her blood, her heart and her very life to grasp the love she needs.


6 comments:

The_Book_Queen said...

Amy,
Thanks for participating in the meme! :D

I've seen this cover on your sidebar for a while now, and it peaked my interest a bit. Sounds like this could be a good book--- and the cover's different from the usual, that's for sure. Even if it's not "lust" you feel for it, that's okay--- the cover still captured your attention, for whatever reason, and that's what matters, right? :D

Enjoy!
TBQ

Blodeuedd said...

Hm not lusting, but I might just be admiring it too

Lea said...

Nice Cover Amy!

Cool Meme, there are a lot of interesting ones going on right now!

Thanks for sharing..

L

Donna [F.D. Ramblings] said...

Nice cover pick! I agree with you that this cover is much better than the first one in this series.

I like this meme, I might join in. I have so many covers I drool over. The hard part will be picking just one!

JennJ said...

I love that cover! Great choice Amy! I played along on this one as well I love this idea because I'm a cover nut lol.

HUGS my dear!!!

JyLnC said...

I love this meme. I'm the web coordinator for Cover Cafe website which sponsors an annual Romance Cover Contest. I follow and love your blog because you feature so many great books and their covers, too.