Saturday, January 9, 2010

A New Fantasy Trilogy by Alison Sinclair! And the thoughtfulness of my Child!

It's always so exciting discovering new authors and especially those that write in my preferred genre--Fantasy. Dottie posted a couple of books she's looking forward to this year and one of them was Lightborn by Alison Sinclair. I did a little browsing, exploring the book some more and found that it's book two in a trilogy. The first book is Darkborn, which released in May 2009. And the third book releases in 2011, Shadowborn.

I was a little disappointed at first because the books are in trade size, and I have to be conservative with my book buying. But then I remembered a gift that my son gave me a few weeks ago! You see, he signed up with swagbucks. Not sure how it works, but he browses the internet through swagbucks and gains swag bucks. And when he earned enough he traded them in for an amazon gift card for 5 dollars for me! So thoughtful of him! So I redeemed my $5 this morning and bought the first book, Darkborn. And the great thing, it's Bargain priced! So I think I made out pretty good with the the help of my child! Sometimes it happens. Devin will surprise me with a kind gesture. It doesn't happen frequently so when it does, I get all warm inside and proud. Of course, I'm always proud of him, but it's nice to see him think of someone else other than himself, you know?

Darkborn
2009


"A new romantic fantasy of magic, manners, and espionage that is also a fast-paced thriller" (Carol Berg).


For the Darkborn, sunlight kills. For the Lightborn, darkness is fatal. Living under a centuries-old curse, the Darkborn and the Lightborn share the city of Minhorne, coexisting in an uneasy equilibrium but never interacting. When Darkborn physician Balthasar Hearne finds a pregnant fugitive on his doorstep just before sunrise, he has no choice but to take her in. Tercelle Amberley's betrothed is a powerful Darkborn nobleman, but her illicit lover came to her through the daytime. When she gives birth to twin boys, they can see, something unheard of among the Darkborn. When men come for the boys, Balthasar is saved by the intervention of his Lightborn neighbor-and healed by the hands of his wife, Telmaine. Soon he finds himself drawn deeper into political intrigue and magical attacks, while Telmaine must confront a power she can no longer keep sheathed in gloves, a power she neither wants nor can control.

Lightborn
May 5, 2010

The Darkborn aristocracy has rejected magic, viewing the pursuit of science as the only worthy goal. But Lady Telmaine Hearne does not have that luxury. She has kept her own powers secret, fearful of being ruined in society… until her husband Balthasar draws her into a conspiracy to protect the archduke and his brother against a magical enemy. But who will protect them from her?

Shadowborn
Coming in 2011


10 comments:

Lea said...

What a great kid!! So thoughtful Amy!

This books sound really good and I Love the cover art.

Have a great weekend. ;)

L

Christine said...

That's so sweet of your boy to do that for you!!!

Happy Reading! :)

Leontine said...

You've got yourself a wonderful son Amy and you're so bad for my CC, really, I can't say no to stories like these LOL

Amanda McIntyre said...

these look like excellents books, Amy and yeah I would be proud of that little guy--how enterprising to do that for his moms love of books! *patting my heart
Amanda

Donna [F.D. Ramblings] said...

Yep! I bought Darkborn at Amazon.com at the bargain price too. I love those kind of finds. I've wanting to read Darkborn for quite awhile now. But even though I love trade paperbacks better than mass media paperbacks, they are pricey so when I had seen the bargain price I snagged it. I hope to read it soon. Enjoy!!

Devin is a sweetie. Your raising that boy right!

Amanda said...

Aw he knows what will make his mummy smile!

Great series Amy! Sounds amazing. Can't wait to see what you think of it.

Renee said...

Oh, that's so sweet of Devin!

Aren't the covers gorgeous?

I read Darkborn, and loved it! It was so original. I loved her take on the Darkborn and how they perceived their world. I'm really looking forward to Lightborn to see how the "other half" lives.

Hope you enjoy Darkborn as much as I did! :-)

BlackPanthers' Review said...

That was funny!!!

Hey check out my blog

http://boldvixensblog.blogspot.com/

Dottie (My Blog 2.0-Tink's Place) said...

Awww Amy!!

Devin is too sweet for words! I've heard of swagbucks, and thought about signing up for them. And I guess it really pays off, woohoo!! for the Amazon bucks! I glad you got to pick up one of the books that I sure looking forward to reading, Donna said she found it too.

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Blogger said...

ClixSense is the best get-paid-to website.