Sunday, March 28, 2010

Some New Covers I Recently Discovered

Briarwood IS the pretty poison! There IS no cure for Briarwood!

That line from Daughter of the Blood holds a WHOLE new meaning for me now!! LMAO! And even though I am not enjoying my new job, it is still a MUCH better place than the other Briarwood.

But on to other happier things, I discovered this new cover art for the next Crosspointe book by Diana Pharaoh Francis yesterday. I've been waiting for this one. I think she has beautiful covers, and is an amazing writer. And the wait isn't too much longer. It'll be out in June!


There is one other book that I am totally psyched to get also. Anna let me know about this one a few weeks ago. I'm usually up on these things, but this one got past me until she told me about it. The fourth GA Aiken Dragon Kin book is scheduled to release in September! She is so awesome! The best and funniest dragons I've ever read.

LAST DRAGON STANDING
Publisher: Kensington Zebra
Release Date: September 2010
Click here for excerpt

I know what they see when they look at me. The charming, soft-spoken dragoness bred from the most powerful of royal bloodlines. A disguise stronger than any battle shield that allows me to keep all suitors at tail's length. A technique that's worked until him. Until Ragnar the Cunning, handsome barbarian warlord and warrior mage from the desolate Northlands. Unlike those who've come before him, he does not simply submit to my astounding charm and devastating smile. Instead, he dismisses me as vapid, useless and, to my great annoyance, rather stupid!

Yet I'll allow no male to dismiss me. Soon he'll learn my worth, my many skills, and the strength of my will. For this one challenges me enough to make me want to ruthlessly taunt him, tease him and, finally, when the trap is set, bring him to his knees.

---------------------------

Ohhh, doesn't that sound Gooood??? Keita the Viper and Ragnar the Cunning...this one's going to be quite entertaining. But I find them all engaging and humorous! Laugh-out-loud funny! Gwenvael and Dagmar are my favorite though. Gwenvael, poor misunderstood Gwenvael. How can you not like him??

I hope ya'll had a nice weekend. I really enjoyed mine, since I didn't have to work.

Until next time...


12 comments:

Jeannette said...

Gwenvael and Dagmar are my favorite as well! Can't wait for Last Dragon Standing to come out. :)

Tori [Book Faery] said...

Ahh I can't wait for Last Dragon Standing either!

Lea said...

Beautiful cover art Amy!

The dragon book sounds really good. ;)

Blodeuedd said...

I got the first book in the Crosspointe series from bookmooch :)

Amy C said...

Hi Jeanette and Tori! So glad to hear you two are looking forward to Last Dragon Standing also! That's the best bunch of Dragons!

Hi Lea!
You should read Ms. Aiken's Dragons. They are so good ;). And the heat level is up there, too! I don't read much of that heat level anymore...I don't read that much at all anymore :(...It's nice sometimes.

Hey Blodeuedd!
You got The Cipher? That's awesome. I hope you like it when you get around to reading it. She has a very vivid imagination and there are some great scenes in that one...all of them! I'm really looking forward to reading The Hollow Crown!

Christine said...

I think there was some serious foreshadowing going on with the name of your new employer. LOL.

On the serious side, I'm sorry it's not the right fit and I hope you can hang in there a bit until you find something that works better for you.

Dottie (My Blog 2.0-Tink's Place) said...

Hi Amy!

Maybe Briarwood will grow on you with time? Or maybe like a much hated wart, you'll have it removed. LOL I was hoping that you'd like it, but I couldn't do it, so you're already a better person than I am.

Lovely covers! Thanks for sharing!

Dottie :)

Ladybug said...

I love the cover on The Hollow Crown! =D

Tracy said...

I'm sorry you don't like your job! There's almost nothing worse than hating going to work.

I can't wait for the new Aiken!!!

Maria said...

Oooooh, how can I wait until September? I want that book now!

Phrancis has good covers, maybe I should try her books one of these days. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Sassy Brit said...

Very nice covers Amy!

Last Dragon Standing sounds worth the wait. Actually, they all do!


Sassy
:)

Lover of Romance said...

I love your blog!! I am a new follower!! Looking forward to reading more posts from you!