Sunday, March 21, 2010

Truth or Lie Meme and other news...


Tracy tagged me a while ago for this Truth and Lies meme! Two of the below statements are true and eight of them are lies...can you guess the two that are true?? Took me awhile to think up some lies, but I did it, now it's your turn. And I thought to add a little prize to whomever may get the right answers. I don't know what the prize will be...a book, perhaps? I have plenty of those! I saw that Christine added a little contest to her meme post, so why not. It's always fun to win things. And if no one gets the right answers, well, we'll see :).

So, you pick two <---Kinda like at Panera Bread :P -- that you think are true!

1. I lived in Germany for 3 years.
2. I've been married twice.
3. When I was eight, I fell out of a tree and broke my arm.
4. We hit a deer two years in a row on our way home from my Birthday dinner outing.
5. I don't like books or reading...who has time for that?? I'd much rather sit and waste the day away watching the TV.
6. I was born and raised right here in Lockport, NY.
7. I am addicted to Cafe World on Facebook.
8. I have two kids...one with my current husband, and one with my previous husband.
9. I love to bake...cookies, cakes, pies, you name it, I bake it!
10. I am the youngest of my my other two siblings.

And now I have to tag 5 more people.

Anna
Ladybug
Leontine
Erotic Horizon
Donna

Of course, you don't have to play. Totally up to you :).

On to other news. I made it through my first week of work at Briarwood...still sounds funny to say that I work at a place called Briarwood! It was all right. A lot of stuff to remember and everyday is something different. But the months do repeat themselves, so eventually I'll get the hang of it all I suppose. It's tough when your the new person. Everyone already knows everyone and they know the residents. Sometimes it kinda makes me feel out of place when I have no idea who they're talking about.

It's been so long since I worked an eight hour shift, at least 15 years. Needless to say I was tired after work :). But I think I like it. I don't love it, but I like it. One thing really sucks, I'm left handed and most everything seems set up for a right handed person. I have to adjust to sometimes working backward. And then there are the right handed scoopers that I cannot use with one hand. Hopefully the supervisor will order me some left handed ones so that I don't have to use both my hands to press the lever! When your scooping up to 150 scoops, your hand gets tired when you can't do it the right way!

I'm still reading Haunting Warrior. Awesome book so far. It seems like I've been reading it forever! I just don't have that much time to read anymore :(. But I gotta say that Erin Quinn has a beautiful writing voice. She sure knows how to create an extremely vivid scene with her prose. This second one is tied in with the first one that came out last year, Haunting Beauty. Loved that one too!

And by the way...Happy Spring! It's not very warm today, but it's coming :). My spring flowers are a few inches out of the ground now. I forgot I planted them in my front yard garden last Spring! So I was pleasantly surprised last week when the snow all melted and I saw them peeking out of the ground.

Anything new with all of you? Any good reads?


17 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Spring :D
*looks out the window* What? Nope sadly not here. Full winter still. Stupid snow.

Eeeek, think back, Fb?
Ok I am going for 7 and 4

s7anna said...

I'm going with number 7 & 9 for my picks.

Leontine said...

Yessss, springtime has arrived at the netherlands too YAY. And i really suck at this game but I'll give it a go...

Perhaps 4 and 9? :)

I'm happy to hear you're liking the job and those shifts *ouch* you must be exhausted going home...I've got Haunting Warrior up for reading too :) Right now I'm actually reorganizing my bookcases - I have to alphabetize 600 books - I so underestimated the job but it needs to be done! I just don't think after spending the weekend at my parents, coming home and then start with reorganizing was such a good idea LOL have a wonderful day Amy!

Lea said...

Happy Spring Amy!!

Glad your new job is going well and a 'like' is better than a 'hate'. lol I hope things continue to go well.

Um, I'm picking #9 and #6 as the correct answers. (I suck at this stuff.. lol)

((Hugs)) Happy Spring!

Amy C said...

No one has the right two yet, but that's not to say that one or two doesn't have one of them right! LOL

Aww, Blodeuedd, STILL snow?? We actually might get some this week. Not sure. But we usually do get a bit before March is over, but it doesn't stay long.


Hi Anna! Thanks for playing :)

Hey Leontine,
If you read and liked Haunting Beauty, you are going to love Haunting Warrior! They are connected in what happens with Rory and his father in the first book. Good stuff! Ohh, alphabetizing your shelves! Good luck! I've thought about it, but I think it might be too big a job to take on. Not because I have so many books but where the heck to start.

Hey Lea!
Yes, better a like than a hate! I'm sure it won't be so bad once i get used to it, both the job and working the hours. So good to see you, Lea :).

Donna [F.D. Ramblings] said...

Happy Spring to you too!

Your new job will be the 'ol job before you know it! But I do hope your boss get the right utensils for you, that's gotta be tough.

I'm going to pick #4 and #6.

Have a terrific week Amy!!

Anna said...

Happy Spring Amy! No need to enter me in the contest. But my guess would be #1 & #7

Cecile said...

Hey Amy! I will say 1 and 4?!!?!

Oh hugs on the job honey! Congrats first that you have the job and ugh on the hours. I am also sorry to hear about things being for right handers. I never thought about that.

I hope you had a great weekend and have a wonderful Monday!

Erotic Horizon said...

Happy spring to you as well Amy... I love that you are getting into the job, even with all the challenges..

I am a lefty as well - so I understand...

I am going with 4-9...

Thanks for the tag - I will get it to eventually...

I am having a patching reading week as well - only when I can - too busy...

But you hang in there - give my love to your family...

Happy week hon...

E.H>

Christine said...

Hi Amy!
I'm so glad you did this meme!!!
I'm guessing #1 and #4

Glad to hear you survived your first week at Briarwood and that it gets easier as you get the hang of everything and get to know more of the staff and residents. How did your boys handle your first full week of work?

We had an unseasonably warm week here last week, but I'm not complaining!! It was nice to spend a little more time outside and see things turning green finally! I'm sure your perennials are going to look great this year. I hope you post a picture of what it looks like this year so we can see the progress.

Have a great week! :)

Eva S said...

Hi Amy,
I'm happy to see you like your new job! And I wish the spring would arrive here too.... Last night we had very much snow, again!

My guess would be 3 and 9.

Happy Spring to you, and have a great week!

azteclady said...

Happy Spring!!! and congrats on the job.

As someone who is left handed too--and who got a job in food service just two months ago--I can completely relate to the whole "everything is made/set up for right handed people" woes.



--but I never thought of getting left-handed scoops! I should get on that asap, 'cause oh man, I so agree with you!


Best of luck, woman! *hug*

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, as much as ever mountains of snow everywhere, it could just as well be January. I read that the place where the "dump" the snow, the snow mountains, that there might still be snow there in August

Dottie (My Blog 2.0-Tink's Place) said...

Hi Amy!

I'm picking #4 and #9, lol, I'm no good at these truth or lies thingies.

I'm glad you're liking your new job, no everyone can work with the elderly. It's hard.

Here's something that I didn't know about you and it's something we share. You're left-handed and so am I. LOL You know what I said about great minds and all, well, it appears to be true!

Happy Spring!! YAY! It's been a really long winter here. It's been cold again for the last two days, but Spring is coming. My tulips and mums are trying to peek up out of the ground.

((hugs sweetie))

I enjoyed you meme.

Dottie :)

Mary G said...

Hi Amy
Glad you're settling in at your new job. I pick #4 & #9.

Read Naked Edge by Pamela Clare & Something About You by Julie James.
Loved them both.

Amy C said...

Azteclady, food service also, huh? How do you like it? I've worked in a kitchen before when my mom had the donust shop in Kansas but never anything like this. It's not bad, but not something I love doing either.

I am happy to say though that my supervisor has ordered me a left handed scoop! Or rather I believe it's a universal scoop! But it's one I can use! LOL.

I'll post my answers tomorrow, since I have the day off. Only one person got both of them right, hahaha!

Thanks so much to all of you for stopping by :).

I love you guys, even though I'm not around that often at all anymore, you still make my heart happy to know you are there and still willing to drop by :).

Ladybug said...

Great meme! I'll be doing it one day too =) Thanks for challenging me!

I'm guessing #3 and #4 :)