Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Truths are Revealed...

I'm off today and I said I'd post the answers to my meme. Only one got them both right! Anna! The right statements were 1 and 7! I did live in Germany for 3 years, from 1985 to 1988. My step-dad was in the service and I went to 4th, 5th, and 6th grade there! Ahh there are so many memories that I treasure from that time in my life. There were lots of bad, but so many things that I hold dear to me. And the funny thing, right after I posted this meme, I discovered a group on Facebook that was started by a girl I went to school with. We were in the 5th grade together. I didn't remember her at first but as soon as she mentioned something we used to do together, I immediately remembered her. We were so bad! We used to sneak over to her house, well it was apartment buildigns we lived in, and we would smoke during school hours! She lived right across from the school. And then I found another friend, we were best friends through 5th and 6th grade! We were inseparable until we moved back state side. It was such an amazing feeling reuniting with these two women!

That castle up there, we used to live only a few minutes walk to it before we moved to Sportfield housing, which is where I met Brooke and Yamill. Me and my sister used to walk there a lot :). You had to wear these slippers over your shoes so that you didn't mar the floors when you went inside.

And below is a picture of Sportfield Housing that we lived in for over two years! I couldn't find any other pictures on the internet. I wanted to find one of the elementary school but I couldn't. It was just two rows of several very large apartment buildings. All inside a fenced in area. At one end was a wooden park and at the other was the elementary school. Across the street was one of the military posts, Pioneer Kaserne. My step-dad didn't work at that one though. He worked at Fliegerhurst Kaserne. I don't believe either one of them are in use today.
Hmm, I wonder if one of those is the building I lived in? I don't think so, but you never know. It was a long time ago!


Speaking of facebook, it brings me to the other right answer...I'm addicted to Cafe World! Yes, it's true. Totally addicted! I plan my cooking schedule based around the times I know I will be home so my food doesn't spoil! I have a routine down now. I don't even know why I like it. I don't like cooking! Which makes me wonder WHY I even took this job of mine cooking in an assisted living home!!! Sometimes I wonder where my brain is!!

For those of you that said 4, you were close. I made that one a little tricky! We did hit a deer two years ago on the way back from my Birthday outing, but last year, we only just missed hitting one. It was so close though! We had laughed and joked about how funny it would be if we hit another one, of course it wouldn't REALLY be funny, and then when we were just about home a deer ran out in front of us but we missed him! Talk about strange!!

Thanks for all your guesses! And since Blodeuedd was the first one to get one of the right answers, and Anna says she doesn't want anything, Blodeuedd is the winner! Of what I have no clue! LOL :P. Maybe a bookthong? I can get one mailed out to you soon :).

So there you have it, two things you didn't know about me :). I hope you all are enjoying your Wednesday. It's nice having the day off! I haven't done much of anything, but that's okay!

Until next time...

OH! And BTW, Donna, Dottie, Anna and my son Devin are the wait staff in my Cafe World Restaurant! So if you're a friend of mine on Facebook, you're gonna be working for me at some point ;). Linda, I've already hired and fired you, girl!


8 comments:

Anna said...

Congrats to Blodeuedd! :)

Blodeuedd said...

You tricky lady! I should haev guessed that the deer one wasn't s easy as my mind made it out to be.
But I do recognize a fellow addict. Evil Farmville had me in its grip. But I am in rehab now.

Oh bookthong sounds nice :D

delitealex said...

I've been playing fishville and farmville very addicting.

Donna [F.D. Ramblings] said...

LOL! I'm a waitress? I didn't even know that. I really should check out Facebook more often.

Loved your True/False answers. Boy! They were hard to pick the true from the false. Your a tricky lady. ;)

Congrats Linda!!!

Amy C said...

Hi Anna :)

Hey Blodeuedd,
Yeah, just a little tricky :P. I remembered I had posted about our run in with those pesky deer. I wonder how it's going to go this year! LOL I'll get you a book thong mailed out this weekend!


Hi delitealex!
I tried Farmville and Fishville, but neither of them caught my attention like Cafe World!

Rehab, Miss B? Maybe I might need some intervention too! They can be addictive :).


Yes, Ma'am, Donna! You are a waitress. And a pretty good one too. You haven't been fired...yet! LOL!

Dottie (My Blog 2.0-Tink's Place) said...

Hi Amy!

LOL Congrats Linda! Excellent use of deductive reasoning!

I have to spend more time on facebook, lol, I've been drafted and didn't even know it!

((hugs Amy))

Dottie :)

Christine said...

LOL omgosh you're so funny!!!!!

Don't hire me in your cafe now that we're friends. I'm barely on there ... mostly to keep tabs on the teen, so you'd end up firing me within a day!

Besides... I don't think food service is my cuppa tea. ;p

xo

Lea said...

Congrats B!

Enjoy.

Great post Amy. :-)