Monday, May 3, 2010

April Reading List and a Few New Releases!

So, I thought I'd post my April reading list too. Are you ready? It's a big one...gonna take me awhile to list them all...

1. Erin Grady - Whispers

Hmm, I guess it wasn't all that long! That's right, just one book for the entire month. But oh, it was a really good book! A dark and twisted tale of ghosts and curses. I looked forward to the moments that I actually had time to sit down and read. Erin Grady, aka Erin Quinn, is a favorite, a must read author. I love the eerie mood of Whispers, and how she shifted from the past to the present with two different stories until the end, pulling the mysteriousness of Diablo Springs and the characters together. Another fabulous read! Unfortunately, the book is out of print. I'm still trying to figure that one out!

I guess this is Erin Quinn day here on my blog :). Two posts about her books in one day! It feels good mentioning books that I have truly enjoyed.

Don't forget...Haunting Warrior releases tomorrow, May 4th. It's such a pretty cover, how could you not want it sitting on your shelf? :D

And while I'm talking about Haunting Warrior releasing tomorrow, there is one other book that I'm really looking forward to getting tomorrow also. The next Jennifer Fallon book, Gods of Amyrantha, book two in the Tide Lord series. I read the first one, Immortal Prince in March and loved it! Terrific fantasy novel, with a tiny dose of romance.



7 comments:

Erotic Horizon said...

Hey hon..

I didn't know Quinn wrote under another name - I must check that out. I am liking the cover alot..

I did see the Fallon cover on your side bar - I am looking forward to it..

Hopefully RT will have kick start your reading muse and you will read a few more titles in May...

E.H>

Amy C said...

Hey EH!

I hope so too! It's really sad to list only one book for an entire month. I suppose there was one other book but I haven't finished it yet.

Have you read the first Fallon book, Immortal Prince. I imagine it would be necessary to read this set of books in order. I did also start another of her series last month, but only read about 100 pages. I don't even know why I put it down. It was good. I need to pick it back up and get it finished.

Lea said...

Hey Amy!

As you say, if it is a really good book and you enjoyed it one is better than none! *g*

I've been reading a lot about Ms. Quinn's books around the blogosphere. Glad you like.

L

Blodeuedd said...

Fallon sounds interesting, and I am constantly on the lookout for new fantasy to read.

Erotic Horizon said...

Hey on..

I have it at the bedside - reading a little every night..

Will be done in a few days..

E.H>

Amy C said...

Hi Lea,
Yes, I do really like Erin Quinn! She definitely writes the kind of paranormals that I love to read. And yes, one good one is better than 10 so-so ones :).


Blodeuedd,
I really think you would like Fallon. Immortal Prince was quite fascinating to read. And I'm really looking forwrad to continuing that story.


Hey EH,
What book are you referring to? :)

JyLnC said...

I've been behind in visiting my blog list and I love to visit yours because of all the great covers you showcase. I am the website coordinator and committee chair for the annual romance cover contest sponsored by Cover Cafe.

Erin Quinn has a cover in the contest this year, Haunting Beauty, in the Alternative Romance category. She also participated in our Q & A feature, Take Ten With, discussing the covers in her career. If you get a chance stop by Cover Cafe and vote in the contest and read Erin's article. Contest voting is open until May 28th, 2010.

www.covercafe.com

Joyce Linnae