Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day
to all of you!
Wishing you all a Beautiful day full of love and laughter!


Devin doesn't have much patience, so I didn't have to wait until today to get my lovely bag full of goodies from him! I think my child knows me better than my husband! Everything was entirely his idea, and he did such a great job :). The perfume is Lucky You, and I sure am lucky. Devin thought it was the most appropriate named 'pretties' (as we call it) to get me for Mother's Day. And I couldn't agree more. And then the Scottish shortbread cookies...yeah, my kid knows me! The James Patterson book, well, Devin has never forgotten how emotional I got when I read Suzanne's Diary For Nicholas, since I was bawling my eyes out when I got to 'the part'. He was only like 8 when I read it, so for him to pick out Sundays at Tiffany's, I thought it was pretty darn wonderful that he remembered! He does love me :)! And the card, it's one to treasure forever, or as long as the battery holds out. When you open it, it's a voice message from him wishing me a Happy Mother's day! You ain't gettin' any better than that, or at least not for me. It was perfect! My child is my sun, my heart, my life.

I love you, D!



Do you have any plans today? We don't do much, just go out to dinner somewhere :).



13 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Mother's Day! Devin, got you some great stuff.

I gave my bag of goodies to my mom before she left for work and I think this evening we will be breaking out the grill. Should be a good time. :)

Erotic Horizon said...

Happy Mother’s Day to you as well hon..

Isn't it good how son's know their Mom's taste...

Dev is growing, almost as tall as you now..

E.H>

E.H>

Amy C said...

Thanks Anna!
That sounds nice! Cooking on the grill. It's pretty darn cold out here today. It's like freakin November...about 45 degrees out and windy :(. Flurries last night...can you believe that...May 8th and flurries!

Thank you EH!
Yes, Devin will be taller than me in no time :). It does give me a warm feeling inside knowing that he does pay attention to me, even when I think he isn't, he is!

Cybercliper said...

((sigh)) that was so wonderful - what a thoughtful young man. Happy Mother's Day...

Cecile said...

Happy Mother's Day honey!!! You look like you wonderful!! I hope you and your boys have a wonderful weekend and a great Mother's Day!!!

Christine said...

Happy Mother's Day, Amy!
Devin paid a wonderful tribute to his mom today--what great, thoughtful gifts he got you!

Anna said...

Hi Amy,

Actually I can believe it. LOL! We got snow a few days ago. It was sticking in patches but it had melted by morning. :)

azteclady said...

And a very, very happy day to you, Amy! *hug*

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

Hi Amy!

What great gifts, Devin did pretty darn good! You're a very 'lucky' lady!

Happy Mother's Day!

Dottie :)

Lori said...

What a sweetheart your Devin is! Happy mother's day!

Renee said...

Happy mother's day, Amy! Sound like Devin really knows his mom! :-)

Leontine said...

You've got one great kid that knows you well Amy!! Enjoy all the love, the gifts, book, DVD etc Happy Mother's Day!!

Stephanie*magic* said...

I'm late I know! lol!
My computer got wiped so i'm just finding all my fav blogs and friends again. :)
What a sweetie Devin is! Enjoy that! lol!! Was my damn birthday too. I hate getting old! :D
Nothing new here. Mostly play on FB and Admit over at Lara Adrians message board.
We should talk soon!
*hugs*