Sunday, May 2, 2010

My RT 2010 Experience!

It's always such an experience going to one of these events. My mom and I always have a great time and leave with so many awesome memories and this one was the best one yet. You see, over the last year Amanda McIntyre has become a really great friend of mine, and while you share emails with someone and your thoughts, there's nothing like actually meeting and talking, then you really get a sense of their personality and Ms. Amanda McIntyre is one of those truly wonderful people (and she values my opinion :P). I thought I would be nervous meeting her, but I was not, because she is just one of those people. She makes you feel comfortable, very easy going. So getting to meet her was amazing.

(View from our room)

We left around 10 in the morning on Friday and arrived around 4 at our hotel. I managed to find that all right. It was parking I couldn't seem to find. But three people on the street and two phone calls to the hotel, we finally found out how to get to the underground parking for the Hyatt we stayed at. I actually didn't mind driving in the city of Columbus. Nothing so far has been as bad as my experience with Toronto! Oh that city will likely never see me again :). After we got checked in, we walked over to the Hyatt the convention was at and had a drink with Amanda and a few other ladies, Sahara Kelley was among them. We came back a little later for the Vampire Ball dinner that Amanda invited us to attend as her guests!

While standing in line, I noticed that one of the ladies behind us was one of the Lit Manor ladies, Kristi Astor! And she was with Sally MacKenzie. It was awesome talking to them while we had to wait for the doors to open! I still have yet to read anything by Kristi and I really need to fix that! I have an anthology that I won with both of them in it, Lords of Desire. I should read that one soon.

The dinner was a lot of fun! Although I am still wondering why in the slab of chicken breast that was on my plate was there a leg or wing bone attached to it! It looked kinda funny. The Heather Graham show that she puts together was funny, even if I wasn't sure what exactly was going on, but the Lady Gaga bit, that was hilarious. This young kid dressed up like Lady Gaga and I think Heather Graham's daughter sang Bad Romance while he danced around on stage mimicking Lady Gaga. I wish I was on top of things I could have recorded it. It was great!



A little later, Amanda walked us down to the bar and Leanna Renee Hieber was there too. Funny thing, I saw her down at Lori Foster's last year, but had no idea who she was! It wasn't until after I got home that I found out who she was. It was nice seeing her again and she loves talking about the Strangely Beautiful books. Makes you excited to read them!


Amanda gave me this bag full of Mr. Rodin goodies :)! I was like a kid in a candy store when I got back to my room that night! Thank you!

One final picture. Is that not awesome advertising for The Master and The Muses? Man, I LOVE that cover! And to see it so big as your going up or down the escalator? Well, needless to say it was very eye-catching and I'm certain it caught a lot of ladies eyes! And the wait isn't much longer, only about a month for Mr. Rodin and his muses ;). Again Amanda McIntyre's uniqueness shines as you journey through the eyes of his muses, experiencing his passionate and eccentric nature.


I think I'll do two posts and end this one here, since I'm tired. I think I brought more home than books and memories. My throat is soar and I feel like my body is fighting off a cold or something. Luckily I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday.

Until next time...


23 comments:

Laurie (BittenbyParanormalRomance) said...

OMG! This is it I making Stacey go next year!! This looks like so much fun. Glad you had a good time:)

Amy C said...

Hi Laurie!
Me and my mom have done the RT signing twice now. This was the first time we experienced one of the evening events and it was a lot of fun. I love the signing. There are so many authors! It's crazy.

I visited your blog, you and your friend live down in TN, Right? There are two weekend events down that way. Lori Foster's in Cincinnati the beginning of June and then Lora Leigh's in Virginia in September. I would love to do one of them again next year. Have you attended either of them?

Blanche said...

How fun!! Great pictures and it sounds like you had an amazing time! I hope that one day I might be able to go to one of these events....how exciting to see and meet so many neat people! What a great gift from Amanda!!

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

Hi Amy!

What a blast! You got to meet some of my favorite authors! I love Amanda McIntyre and Leanna Renee Hieber! I'm so jealous, green with envy. LOL I hope sometime to try one of these conventions myself. Maybe next year.

Dottie :)

Amy C said...

Blanch, I was told that RT is going to be in Los Angeles next year! If it is, then you could do the signing or the full event, right?

Lea said...

Amy!

WOOT! So delighted you had so much fun. You are always so great to share pictures and experiences at these events.

I'm so glad you met with Amanda McIntyre and had such fun. It must be wonderful to actually meet the authors you admire.

Thank you for sharing Amy. ((hugs))

Lea

Amy C said...

Hi Dottie!
I hope you do try one of these events! They are such an experience. I could never get tired of doing them. It doesn't really even matter which one. It's the atmosphere and no matter which one they all seem to give you the same feeling.

You know, when we were talking to Kristi Astor, you were one of the names she mentioned that was a regular at the LIT blog! It was cool to have your name brought up in conversation like that!

Amy C said...

Hey Lea!
When we stopped and talked to Beth Kerry at the signing, we talked about you a little :). All good of course! I mentioned you first, then she mentioned you might try to come down for Lori Foster's. But then you'd said you wouldn;t be able to make it this year :(. I won't be able to either. Maybe next year we both can. I hope that someday you can meet all those authors that you admire as well!

Blanche said...

OMG....in LA?!!! That would be incredible! YES YES YES I would be there! :)

Amy C said...

Yes, it would be! You would be in heaven, Blanche!

Christine said...

Hi Amy!
I'm SO glad you had so much fun at RT this year! I just knew you would. I love the photos... what a great view from your room! Looking forward to hearing more about it!

Christine said...

p.s. You look adorable in the Mr. Rodin apparel! ;)

Amy C said...

Yes, Christine, Mr. Rodin does look good "on" me, doesn't he?? hehe! Too bad he's only fictional and I'm married! Darn *snaps finger*

Christine said...

Hahaha. ;)

I just looked through your RT Photo Album on facebook. I'm so glad you had so much fun... too bad you missed C.L. Wilson, though. I know you love her work. :(

Amy C said...

Yeah, Christine, I was a little sad when we made it down to her end and she wasn't there. She was the last author I wanted to see! I did meet her two years ago in Pittsburgh, so I can't complain :). She's amazing and I can't wait for the next book!

Anna said...

Great post Amy, I'm glad you and your mom had such a wonderful time. I love seeing all the pictures. :)

Cecile said...

I will just say that I am jealous and very happy that you had a great time!

Blodeuedd said...

Hi Amy!
I am beyond words jealous :D Meeting a lot of great authors, and just being there. You lucky girl, and you got some nice swag too!

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

Hi Amy!

Too cool that Kristi Astor remembered me! My ears are burning, hope it was a pleasant experience she was remembering! LOL I'm going to miss LIT, it was always fun to go there and see the comments bouncing back and forth. Interesting comments I might say too. LOL But I saw today that they have a new website coming online, Celtic Spice, so even though LIT is gone, they'll all still be visiting together occasionally. Thanks for sharing all the cool stuff you got to do at RT Amy!

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Erotic Horizon said...

Hey Amy how great a time for you and your Mom...

You know how I feel about your reading relationship with your Mom - It's cool to share the event with her...

It's also nice when you drive - so you dont have to worry about lugging all the goodies around when you are going home...

The last Con I went to I got ill as well - lots of juice and bed rest will take of it my dear..

Have a great few days off..

E.H>

MsM said...

Wow Amy it looks like and sounds like you had a wonderful time!
I love the photos.

Sorry your throats hurting, hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for sharing about your trip!

:o)

MsM

Amanda McIntyre said...

Hey Amy;)
I'm just bck from the convention myself and catching up. I got that cold too--a lot of folks did, apparently. I have to say the view from your room was gorgeous! and OMG, wouldnt Thomas love to see you in a T-shirt bearing his face? LOL
So glad you and your mom had a good time! And Cecile, Tink...all of you guys, of course we cherish your friendship and thoughts. You guys-your love of reading and chatting about books-- are part of what inspires us to do what we do!
We love you guys!
There are a number of smaller reader gatherings as Amy stated and another is Heather Grahams workshops down in New Orleans over Labor day weekend!

Get some rest, girl!
Amanda



Again, it was great to meet you Amy;)

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. It looks like a load of fun. One of these days I'll have to get to one of these conferences!