Friday, August 13, 2010

16 More Days...


In a mere 16 days I will be an official college student. Holy shit! Is that not a scary thought? I suppose I am one now, but my first day of class is in 16 days, on August 30th. But I'm psyched! I can do this...that picture of that sweet ass car over there says so. It's my motivation. My prize when I'm done. I'm determined to see this through. This is something I've been talking about for a year now, and I can't believe the time is finally here.

It's strange to think that when I do my kid's back to school shopping in a few days, I will be buying my own school supplies too. It's been a very long time since I had to do that. Seventeen years, as a matter of fact. Backpack, folders, notebooks, pens, pencils...oh my! Maybe even some back to school clothes? A new pair of shoes? All the things that mark a new school year! :)


Speaking of a new school year, my baby is entering middle school this year! OMG! Middle School!! I wonder if I'm going to cry his first day of school? We've been doing this for years now, but it's a NEW school, with lots of new kids! How am I ever going to handle that? But more on that later. I don't want to think about that right now...my baby's growing up, sometimes it seems way too fast :(.

One other thing that is coming up that I'm really excited about, next weekend, I will finally be meeting a fellow blogger, Lea! She's been following my blog since I started posting my chapter days of Spirits Unveiled. Such a great supporter, that Lea! Love her. I'll be driving across the border to Canada. And Mary G is coming along also! Two super great ladies that I am very much looking forward to spending a few hours with talking about books and whatever!

Is there anything coming up that you are looking forward to?


16 comments:

RRRJessica said...

Hi Amy,

In my experience "non-traditional" students make the best students. They bring such dedication and life experience to the classroom. They are so often a role model for the youngsters, and bring some balance to conversations. Good luck!

Amy C said...

Thank you, Jessica, for your very inspirational comment. I think being amongst the 'youngsters' is what sort of bothers me the most. Not that I think I won't succeed because of it, but more that sense of being an outsider due to my age. I'm not as solitary as I used to be, so fears of finding my place are not as they once were.

Blodeuedd said...

Have fun Amy :D Well as fun one has in school ;)

Anything coming, nah, can't say that, well cuties and my 2 year anniversary. Just of being together :)

Cecile said...

Oh honey that is awesome!!! ((Bear hug)) I am so **sniff* proud of you!! I think that is flipping amazing and I am glad to be pushing you!!! This is great!!!

And your baby... OH yeah... I have my own.. and yep they grow sooo fast! **big sniff sniff**
Mine is looking into colleges... She is in 11th grade.... **Huge sniff**

Anddddd that is sooo flipping cool that you are getting to meet Lea!!!!!! OMG!!!! Just a tad jealous! You ladies have a blast!!!!!

I hope all is well honey! Hugs to you!

Amy C said...

Hey Blodeuedd,

You're two year anniversary! That's awesome. My husband and I are working on 18 years...holy cow that's a long time :D. I wish you many more happy years!

i think school will actually be fun! I hope so anyway. That's what I keep telling myself. And if not fun at least it will be an experience!

Amy C said...

Aww, shucks, Cecile! I'm so glad to hear that you are proud of me. My mamma hasn't even said that to me yet :D. I imagine I will be posting quite a bit about school!

Ha! Devin is 11 and he is looking at colleges too! It's funny listening to him. He'll find one and I'll ask him where it is..."I don't know." he says! But they have courses for computer gaming and stuff like that :D At least he's showing the interest. I love that!

I'm so excited to meet LEa and Mary! I'll certainly be posting about that :D.

Hugs to you too, Cecile!!

Anna said...

Exciting! For both you and Devin. :) Hope you have fun shopping for school.

I'm going to Duluth sometime next week, which I'm really looking forward to. :)

Patti (Book Addict) said...

That's wonerful you're going back to school! My sophmore year in college I had two clases with my dad, LOL :)

So cool you get to meet Lea and Mary - I know you'll have a great time!

Patti (Book Addict) said...

*sigh* having keyboard issues - please excuse my misspellings...(as you can imagine, it's causing havok with the stupid blogger w/v everytime I post a comment!)

azteclady said...

Amy, I have no doubt you'll do brilliantly--as Jessica said, you bring a wealth of life experience to the endeavor.

Here's sending all positive stuff your way!






p.s. Did you get your package?

Lori said...

Congrats, Amy! You should be proud of yourself, and know that you'll be there because you want to be, and that is the best reason of all, and why you'll be successful.

As for middle school... it's such a strange feeling, isn't it? Devin will do great, and you will, too *g*

Amy C said...

Awesome, Anna! You and you're mom will have a great time in Duluth :). You have fun shopping.

Amy C said...

Ha! Patti! That's okay, I was able to read everything you typed without too much problems :P

Wow, going to school with a parent? That's pretty cool!

Amy C said...

Thank you, azteclady! It really is a boost to my confidence when I read your comments. I managed to go back to work and everything worked out. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Actually, it's turned out great. I like going to work. I can only hope that school is the same way!

Amy C said...

Thank you, Lori :). I hope Devin does continue to do well as he progresses through school. I know once I got to High School my decision making went to shit...real quick! I know not all kids are like that, most aren't, and I can only hope that as he gets older, he can handle the peer pressure. But it's middle school, not yet high school! That day and those worries are for another day!

Christine said...

I have to second what Jessica said--and what azteclady reinforced. I had four years of working and real-life experience when I went back to grad school years ago and even I could tell what an asset it was to have that under my belt so to speak. I felt more at equal footing with my professors, in a way. Like they were my peers. Does that make sense? Plus I think I valued my education more because I was paying for it all myself whereas my folks paid my way for my undergraduate degree. Anyway, you'll do well.

I know how you're feeling with Devin and am sure both of you will adjust and do fine to this whole middle school thing. I'm way more relaxed about my 11 y.o. starting middle school, because I've survived the experience with my teen. Now she on the other hand... omg I cannot believe I'm the mom of a sophomore in high school. How can that be??? I feel like it was just yesteryear that I was in high school. Poof!

I'm so thrilled for you, Lea and Mary!! I can't wait to hear about it! Make sure you have your passport for crossing the border in order, Amy. The rules have changed in the last year. : )