Friday, August 6, 2010

Cave of the Winds

Yesterday, me, Devin and my mom went up to Niagara Falls. I've lived half an hour from the Falls for the past 16 years, been there numerous times, but Thursday was the first time I did the Cave of the Winds. I watched my mom and Devin do it last summer, but this time I had to try it! I can't believe I never did it before. Un-freakin-believable! It was the most amazing thing when we got right up under the Bridal Falls, feeling the incredible rush of water pounding down on you...WOW! Simply an amazing experience! I can't wait to do it again next year. And I think we are going to add the Maid of the Mist to the agenda :).

Me and D! The Journey begins!
Looking up at the Falls! The small one on the right is the Bridal Falls that we are working our way too!
Mom and D...That's Canada in the background...Hi Lea and Mary :)
A nice spot if your feeling like you need to cool off!
Looks like we decided to cool off!

Holy Cow! What an amazing rush to stand under all that pounding water. It feels amazing on your back :). Not sure why we bothered with the rain coats. We were soaked!
Look at all that water! I can't wait to do it again!
And the three of us back up and dripping wet. Thanks to some tourist for snapping this photo for us!
Good times!



11 comments:

Anna said...

Very cool pics Amy. It looks like it was quite fun. Especially in the summer heat. :)

Amy C said...

Hi Anna!!

Happy Birthday, my dear friend!

It was a ton of fun. I can't believe I never did it before :D. It'll be an annual thing now.

Erotic Horizon said...

Amy... you said it right.. What fun...

Gorgeous pictures...

It's really nice to find time for the little things...

E.H>

Lori said...

Oh wow. How gorgeous! I have always wanted to see the falls in person. On my top ten list of places to go.

Looks like you had a fantastic time!

Amy C said...

Hey EH,

And it's the little things that mean the most, I think :).

Amy C said...

Lori, if you ever get out this way to see them, you must let me know!

Christine said...

How refreshing! LOL!

That's on the US side of the falls, right? We actually didn't do that when we were there. Darn it! That looks like so much fun!

Glad you guys had a great day. :)

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

Hi Amy!

What a nice way to spend a summer day!! It's been so hot here, I would have gladly stood in the falls!

Damn, they're gorgeous, you're so lucky to be able to make a day trip of it!

((hugs))

Dottie

JennJ said...

Wow that looks like it would have been awesome! So glad you enjoyed it great pics! hope you have a great rest of the weekend hon!

Mary G said...

Hi back Amy.
Even tho I was born in Niagara Falls (Ont.) and lived there till I was five, I hadn't done that till about 12 years ago when we took my son. I still like the flower clock too. Besides gwtting wet, I remember the roar of the water. Pretty amazing.

Lea said...

*Waving back at Amy and D* Wow - looks like quite an experience Amy.

I've never done that one myself. lol Looks like a really fun day and a GREAT way to cool off.

Thanks for sharing the great pics. Sorry I didn't get by before now. It's been such a hectic weekend!

See you soon. ;)