Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday Morning Flash Fiction Challenge

Good morning and Happy Monday!

I have something really exciting to share this lovely morning. Dottie, from Tink's Place, and I had talked about doing our own Flash Fiction writing awhile ago, choosing our own pictures and sharing them with each other, but we never followed through with the idea...probably my fault :P. The other day we did a Flash Fiction entry over at the Deadline Dames blog and we began collaborating, coming up with our own weekly challenge (which Dottie wonderfully named)...Monday Morning Flash Fiction Challenge! I'm so excited to be doing this little bit of creativity with her, and of course, who ever else would like to join in and participate.

Every Monday we plan to post a picture (hopefully it inspires a few words) and then Friday post our Flash Fiction story, but you may post yours any day you like. Just leave us a link so that we may add it to our Friday post. We decided on a 350 max word count. A kind of middle of the road number. These things are so fun to write. They're quick and short, and so great to read! You can go dark or light, funny or sad, let your mind wander. Who knows what these pictures might inspire if you look at them long enough! If anyone is interested in participating, you can use the handy little button Dottie and I came up with and the picture prompt below...and have fun and let your creative juices flow!

Week 1 Flash Fiction Challenge Picture...

Happy Writing!



11 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Soo, we just post it on our own sites? My Friday is booked for something else :(

Amy C said...

Post it any day you want! We're not picky :D. Maybe Thursday? Are you booked for Thursdays? Maybe we can change it to Thursdays? Because I want you to do this too! You are good at them and I love reading yours also. Every thing is open to change and I'm sure Dottie would agree :).

Amy C said...

Or if you post yours before Friday, me and Dottie can add your link to our posts on Friday and we can still keep it Friday's :). I would like to do that, add the links from others (if others do it) to my post on Friday.

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

Hi Amy and B!

I have my MMFFC post up Amy, and B, of course, post your flash whenever you'd like! Friday is when we'll be posting and if you'd like us to add your link to our post (our self-imposed time limit... otherwise... procrastination takes over, for me anyway, LOL!)

I hope everyone participates, so much fun!

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Michelle Greathouse said...

I just posted on Dottie's page. :)

I think this is going to be so much fun.

What a wonderful idea ladies.

M

Amy C said...

Yay, Michelle! That is so wonderful that you are going to do this too :D.

I'm really excited to see what you all come up with!!

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

So glad Michelle's going to play with us too!

Dottie :)

Christine said...

What a great idea! I'll just follow along and read your entries... I can barely blog let alone do any creative writing like you lovely ladies. I'd rather you all entertain me.. ;)

Have fun! :)

Blodeuedd said...

Oh oh!! I got it, if I am booked I'll just post it on my livejournal :D yay. Then you can have the link. This way I can keep my schedule and perhaps get those 4 reviews that are sitting on the shelf in on my blog between dates.

I am gonna start writing something right away!

Amy C said...

That sounds fantabulous, B! I can't wait to read what you come up with :D.

Yes, don't forget to leave your link so me and Dottie can link to it.

Perhaps someday I'll write a review again...

Amy C said...

Hey Christine!

I think one day you should try one of these. I have a feeling you would do a fabulous job!

But until then, entertain you, I hope we do!