Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thank you, Kathryne Kennedy ...

...For another wonderfully fascinating book. I didn't think it was ever going to happen, but it did. I finished The Fire Lord's Lover in record time, or at least record time for what my recent track record has been...three days, instead of three weeks.

Man, did it feel good to finish a book so quickly. I felt like my old self again. I've been following Kathryne Kennedy since her release of Enchanting the Lady, book one in the Relics of Merlin series. I fell in love with her fairy tale-like magical England in that series, and The Fire Lord's Lover has another fascinating magical England that I couldn't help but lose myself in.

And thank you, Anna, for the book!


10 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Amy,

Your welcome! I'm glad you liked the book. :)

Leontine said...

I just heart this series starter and now have two series by KK to treasure. Glad you enjoyed this one too Amy!!

Blodeuedd said...

Yay! I am glad it felt like old times again for you

Amy C said...

Yes, Anna, I loved the book!

Hey Leontine, a magical treasure for sure! Her England is the one I want to visit :).

Hi Blodeuedd,
I did find myself thinking about her Relics of Merlin series as I read this one, thinking she really knows how to make England a magical place indeed.

Oh and Blodeuedd, I received the first disc of the 10th Kingdom in the mail today from netflix. I plan on watching some of it tonight!

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

I had a pretty good feeling you would.

Oooh The 10th Kingdom, I love that movie. :)

Christine said...

There's something so satisfying about getting sucked into a great book. Glad this book made that happen for you and glad to see you just might have your reading groove back... *crossing fingers*



p.s. I'm still struggling with HP 7. Only on p. 285 and have been reading it a week. Ugh!

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

Hi Amy!

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I have it in the stacks to read, I won it at Anna's! Now, I'll have to get going on it quicker, I'd love to read a story right now that I don't want to let go, it feels sooo good when that happens!

Glad it made you feel like your old self!

Dottie :)

Author Kathryne Kennedy said...

My absolute pleasure, Amy. :}
Big Hug,
Kathryne

Marissa said...

I love the Relic of Merlin series so far, I am looking forward to read this one, it is high on my tbr pile!