Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday Morning Flash Ficton Challenge #21


Is it really challenge #21? Have I really missed 11 challenges?

November and December seemed to pass by in a blur, but I hope to find my Monday Morning Flash Fiction groove again. I love the picture Dottie posted this morning (Isn't it a fabulous picture prompt?). Immediately an idea came to me and I began writing...

Here's an update also...I completed my first semester with all A's! Unfortunately, my GPA is only 3.929 rather than 4.0 because one of my A's is an A-. But that's okay! I'm totally happy with that :). Next semester starts on the 18th. Hopefully this one goes as well as the first.

I did have an interview for a full-time position and if for some crazy reason I get hired, I'll have to withdraw from school, but that's okay, since it's a great job and what I'd be looking for when I did finish school.

I hope things are well with all of you, and you all had a wonderful Christmas!

12 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

*applauds*
Great work Amy :D You can really proud of yourself.

Looking forward to your flash

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job! Guess I won't be seeing you at school next semester....it will be a lot quieter there now!

Keep writing. We should get together soon.

T

Amy C said...

Thanks, Linda! I am darn proud of my first semester :). It's a wonderful feeling of accomplishment, something I never thought I'd ever do, not just with the grades but actually taking that step and going back to school.


I didn't get the job yet, might not get it...so don't rule school being quieter next semester just yet!

Mike Hunt and York Hunt do need to get together soon!

Christine said...

AMY!!! Congratulations on the A average!!! I'm so proud of you!! But not at all surprised. I know you have your act together and are fully capable of kicking butt whenever you want!!! GO YOU!!!

If you got the full time job, can you at least take one or two night classes to keep going with your degree?

It's so nice to 'hear' from you! :)

Happy New Year! xo

Lori said...

Great to see you online! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and Happy new year!

Congrats on the A average - definitely something to be proud of. And good luck with the job - hope you get it.

Anna said...

Congrats on the grades and the new job op. Glad to see you back on the blog. :)

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

Hi Amy!!!

We seem to keep missing each other, lol!! So glad to see you posting again, and I so happy you did so awesome in school!! YAY AMY!! I'm so proud of you!! I'll be celebrating here for you!

(((hugs)))

Dottie :)

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

OH PS: Hope you get the job, it would be so cool!

Dottie :)

Amy C said...

Hey Christine,
Actually if I get this job they will reimburse me the money for each class I take. I do plan to take one class a semester if I do get it. And if not, I guess I'm still a full time student!

Amy C said...

Hi Lori,

I did have a nice Christmas and New Years :). I hope you did as well. And thank you for the congrats!

Amy C said...

Hey Anna,
Maybe I'll stick around for awhile this time :). I do miss all of you.

Amy C said...

Thank you, Dottie! It feels really good to have done so well my first semester. If I get the opportunity to continue (if I don't get the job) I hope I do as well my second semester!