Friday, February 25, 2011

Flash Fiction Entry #28


Monday Morning Flash Fiction #28

Acceptance
By Amy C
Word Count – 396

What do you see when you gaze at me? Do I frighten you with the angry look upon my face, the claws protruding from the tips of my fingers?

Come a little closer. Let me run my nails along your flesh. A trickle of blood wells in their wake as flesh parts. Your fear feeds the beast inside me. I do not want your fear. I desire your acceptance. Your touch. Help me tame the beast inside me.

Kiss me. Hold me. Love me. Take away that which haunts me.

My clawed fingers continue along the skin of your chest, and as you relax, accustoming yourself, my razor-sharp nails recede ever so slowly. The angry look upon my face diminishes. I sigh in relief at the transformation. I feel the beast whither into the darkest part of my being. There I want it to stay, forever trapped and lost from me.

Silently I beg you to continue your acceptance, continue to help me banish the evil residing within.

I rise to the tips of my toes, seeking the warmth of your lips. You flinch, a
nd sensing your apprehension steal through you, my once retracted claws begin to lengthen. Anger, that ever present anger, eats away at my control. I try to fight it, to grab hold and shackle it. I press my lips harder against yours, seeking, demanding you give what I want. When my actions prove fruitless, the animal overpowers me. Unable to contain it, my nails lengthen, thickening. With a will not of my own, I plunge with savage intent into the flesh of your belly, slicing through tissue and organs.

Your imminent death lingers in the now putrid-smelling air as your life oozes from the gaping wound. Scream after long, pain-filled scream echoes in my head. I feel a slight lift
of my lips. The vile thing inside me revels at its brutality.

Resigned and disappointed, I step back and sit upon the ground. I raise a bloodied claw to my lips, licking the sweet nectar of your life, as I watch your now lifeless body fall before me. The beast, content and sated, for it has won once again, lies in wait for the next soul to wander into unbidden territory that I call my home. Perhaps that one will be the one to break this curse of evil that binds me.

* * * * *

I really loved this image. It's nice when you look at one and something comes to you almost immediately. She kinda creeped me out, hence the bloody ending :). I'm quite pleased with this one. Looking forward to reading yours later, probably tomorrow since I work at the mall tonight also! Ugh, it's going to be a long day :).




9 comments:

Michelle Greathouse said...

Amy,

YaY! Violence. LOL

I wonder what would have happened had he accepted her. Hmmm, she probably still would have killed him - after having a little fun with him.

M

Amy C said...

Hahaha, your so bad! Perhaps she still would have killed him :).

I did think of you, B, and Dottie when she turned violent and ripped his guts out. Had to laugh.

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

Hi Amy!

So very excellent, I actually loved that the beast took control, releasing the evil, and yet, she hopes for the one to break the curse.

This would make an excellent story with a mythos base, she could be a demigod, trap by Athena for her lustful nature... especially when it come to Athena's lovers...those she loves the best, mortals. Wow! I could see a story here! Wouldn't it be just like a God to curse others to be beastly? So much better than my attempt!

This is why I love flash fiction, each individual brings their own twist to the image, and your twist is most excellent!!

(BTW, that reminds me, are you going to see the movie Beastly? I can't hardly wait!! I love Beauty and the Beast in all of it's renditions!!)

Dottie :)

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read said...

This was absolutely wonderful! It was dark and so very appealing. I especially like the fact that it addreses the reader directly; this really impacts the reading experience.

P.S. Sorry I didn't contribute to the meme last week. As for this week, I managed to miss the picture! *palm to face* I hope it counts if I post my text this weekend.

Cheers!

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

Hi Irena!

You can post whenever you like, no worries! It's all about creativity and fun!

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

I liked it Amy :D Yes for some blood ;) I am glad you liked this one. It is so pretty, and at the same time, freaky

Amy C said...

Irena,

As Dottie said, post whenever you like. I've posted late a few times myself :). I hope you didn't miss the prompt becasue I never posted it on Monday :(.

Amy C said...

Hey Dottie,

I'm glad you liked it, and yes, I love these because we all bring something different.

I've never heard of the movie, Beastly, until you mentioned it. I did a quick look yesterday, not sure if I brought up the right movie in the search. It's not a big motion picture movie is it?

I did pick up a James Patterson book the other day, Witch and Wizard, becasue the cover said soemthing about it being made into a movie. I read several pages and it's pretty good so far. Not sure when the movie is coming out. I have to look into it this weekend. So many things to do so little time!

Have you seen the previews for this other new movie coming out the end of March, Sucker Punch? I saw previews at the theater when we went and seen The Rite. Wow! It looks to be a great fantasy action movie. I'm definitely planning to see it when it comes out!

Amy C said...

Hey B,

Thank you. I knew you guys would like the bloody ending, my morbid, twisted friends!! :P

I have to stop by and read yours and Michelle's still. It sucks, I can check my email at work, but I can't access blogger :(. It's blocked by the company.