Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Very Own Book Wyrm!


A few weeks ago I finally decided it was time to get another tattoo. I had an idea of what I wanted for the past couple of years...a book wyrm. Went back to the same guy that did my other one and Bob hooked me up yesterday! I printed up a couple of pictures, told him what I would like and he did the rest! And boy, did he do an amazing job drawing exactly what I wanted. His rendition of my ideas totally blew me away! He is one very talented dude :). I could not be more happy with my Book Wyrm. He persuaded me very nicely into adding color. Originally, I wanted mostly black and grey shading, with a little bit of green on the body. I think what he did is perfect.

I was so worried whether or not I could sit through several hours, since he had told me when I made the appointment that it would be about 5 hours and since we're moving to TN next Wednesday, I couldn't split it into two sessions. But luckily it only took him little over 3 hours. Only took one break after the outline for a few minutes.

Now that this one is done, I've been inspecting the rest of my leg thinking about all the empty space where I can add more stuff...hahaha!! And then there is the other leg...

I absolutely love my dragon! I couldn't have asked for anything better...I wonder what he's reading...perhaps some smut?? :P

Well, we have 10 more days and we'll be heading down to TN...it seems so crazy how fast this has all happened. These last few days are going to fly by and I feel like I have so much to do, people to see and say my good-byes to. I'm really going to miss it here. Not the area, but the familiarity of it, and the friends that I have. But I figure I'm trading that for something else wonderful...I will be close to my dad for the first time since I was ten. The last time I seen him, I was 13...almost 23 years ago. We both are so excited for this reunion. And then my aunt Judy and cousin Angie are down there too, in Kentucky. They are planning on moving to Nashville in September...totally psyched about that.

I hope things are well with all of you and you are enjoying your summer! One good thing about TN, the summers last a heck of a lot longer than they do around here :)



26 comments:

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

Hi Amy!

Sounds like it going to be good in TN! And when your mom get moved down there, then it will really start to feel like home, she's been a big part of your NY life. RE the summers, start early and last longer, and not as much snow in the wintertime. You guys are in for a big change, lol, but a good one.

((hugs sweetie))

Dottie :)

Amy C said...

A very big change with the different winters and one I am really looking forward to :)

And I'll be much closer to you also!

It sucks my mom is staying here until next year, but it'll go by fast.

((hugs))

Anna said...

I saw your picture on Facebook. So frikkin cool! :)

I had been wondering when you guys would be heading down there. I hope your move will go as easy as possible. That's cool you'll be able to reconnect with your dad.

((Hugs))

Blodeuedd said...

The bookwyrm looks awesome Amy :D

I hope it all goes well with your dad. Must be so exciting

Misty said...

Now I want another tatoo!!!

Amy C said...

Hey Anna,

I hope the move goes smoothly also. Its going to be really busy next week. We are moving my mom into her new place Thursday and Friday and then we are packing up the moving truck for us Tuesday. Lots of packing and moving! I've been packing everyday for the last few weeks. It'll be nice when it's all done.

And thank you! I think it's pretty frikkin cool too. Hurts like crazy today. My calf is swollen :( It's hard to walk. The skin pulls as you move, makes it very uncomfortable.

Amy C said...

Thanks, B! I can't wait until it's all healed.

It's going to be an emotional and exciting time seeing my dad again :).

Amy C said...

Hey Misty,

I think you should get another one!! I already have ideas for the next one...hahaha!

Pamk said...

man that is cool. I've always wanted a dragon and that bookwyrm rocks. I live in Al but work in TN and go to lots of book signings. Maybe we'll meet up sometime. Not as many signings as in Ny but lots in Nashville and Atlanta.

Amy C said...

Hey Pam,

That would be awesome to meet up sometime at a book signing. I'm near Buffalo and the only author that is around here is Anne Bishop (which has been totally amazing that I've been able to see her every year for the last several years) but otherwise no one else. That's good to know that there are some in Nashville. I'll be just south in Spring Hill.

Didn't we meet at RAW in 2007?

Speaking of Atlanta, have you ever been to DragonCon? I think it would be neat to go.

Becky said...

Hi Amy!
I love your Book Wyrm! I have always love dragons. I loved how he colored it for you it looks real life like. I will say that it is different in the weather here in TN. The first year of me moving to TN took me a little bit used to places closing for a little bit of snow.

Natasha A. said...

It's gorgeous! I absolutely love it!!

Amy C said...

Hi Becky! Thank you :) When I first decided to have this done, my thoughts were to keep it black and gray shading, but I am very happy the artist talked about color with me.

Where in TN are you? Close to Nashville? :)

Amy C said...

Thank you so much, Natasha!

Becky said...

Amy, I live in Pulaski, TN which is about an hour south of Nashville by interstate 65. I haven't been to Nashville much, but I have been to Franklin, Cool Springs, and Brentwood.

Amy C said...

Hey Becky,

We're moving to Spring Hill, which is just south of Franklin. You're only about an hour from where I'll be. Perhaps lunch sometime? :)

Tracy said...

That is one absolutely incredible tattoo, Amy! Congratulations - it's beautiful.

I know you're probably stressed about the move but hang in there. I can't believe that you're doing it! lol It's great though and I think you'll be happy to be near all of that family. :)

Becky said...

Amy,
Maybe we can do lunch sometime.

Amy C said...

Hey Tracy,

Thank you! Got some scabbing and looking a little hairy...hahaha...but I love it!

Funny thing, I really don't feel that stressed about moving. I think when it gets down to the last couple of days it will be. I think knowing we have a nice place to move into helps. And knowing I'll be seeing my dad soon. I know the first few weeks down there are going to difficult. It'll feel like vacation at first, but then when there's no going 'home', I know I'll get home sick. Makes me sad thinking about it now :(

Amy C said...

Becky,

That would be wonderful! I'd really like that. I'm definitely up for lunch.

Jen said...

Amy,

I love the new tattoo!

I hope everything goes smooth for yall with the move.

I know you'll be sad to leave your Mama behind but I'm glad she'll be moving next year to be close to you.

Maybe you can come to the Get Together next year. ; -)

Tracy said...

I've moved so many times in my life the adjustments aren't too bad any more. Luckily we haven't moved in almost 8 years so that's nice.

As you said, I think it will be the "oh wait, we're not leaving" thoughts that will be the hardest. But if you like your house and your town it will all be good. :)

Amy C said...

Hi Jen,

I would love to go to the Get Together next year. I'd be going without my mom, so maybe I could room with you if you go :). I'm definitely closer down in TN than I am up here. And thank you!

Amy C said...

Hey Tracy,

When I was younger we moved a lot too. But since I've been here in NY we've only moved once in 16 years (from our apartment into the house). I think it'll be nice though for a change of scenery. I am excited about moving to TN, just the homesickness part of it worries me. But like you said, if you like where you live, it will pass.

Christine said...

As I said on facebook, your new tattoo is amazing! WOW! I'm glad you went with the coloring.

You must be so busy right now packing up and saying goodbyes. I can tell it's hard to do... but at the same time, I can sense your excitement for this change. Which is SO awesome!! I wish you the best in the next week... and you had better keep us updated!

xoxo

Holly said...

I love your tattoo!!! It's great.