Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Miss my blog and yours...

Hello, my fellow blogging friends! I've attempted to post on several different occasions, but I always end up deleting it. I moved down to TN a few months ago. Didn't quite work out so well, and now I'm living in Bowling Green, KY with my aunt and cousin. So many life changes over the last year has sort of put me in mood. I always think how nice it would be to find that routine I used to have, perhaps someday.

I spoke on the phone with a friend the other day, met her online several years ago in an author's forum. She knows what to say to lift my spirits and encourage me to believe that I can do what I have to do, that I'm a strong person. Thank you so much, Christine. I've cried to you on the phone through some rough times (On Father's Day one year, no less, and you let me!) But I'm not going to cry anymore...only happy tears now. I figure things can't get any worse, only better. And there is another lady that no matter how distant I get, she never fails to remind me that her friendship is always there. Your packages in the mail, Anna, mean so much to me. I made some amazing friendships over the last few years blogging and discussing books and just whatever was going on in our lives. I miss it. Dottie, Lea, Linda, Tracy...you guys are always in my thoughts, among many others.

A few weeks ago, I was having a bad day, and decided to go on a long road trip back home to NY for a few days. Damn, it felt good seeing the familiarity of home, visiting my mom, and my other 'mom'. But I realized that that is not my home anymore. I was on the phone with my cousin one night when that reality hit...I was driving home. Not back to my mom's apartment, but home to my house. When I realized what I had done, I felt like I got punched in the gut. It was not a pleasant feeling at all. I needed it though, to realize that what was my home for 11 years was now someone elses home. Imiss it, but I have a new place to call home now.

(Not my home anymore, but it sure felt like it the first time I drove by.)

I just wanted to post, and say Hi to you all and hope that you are enjoying the holiday season!



18 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Amy!!

{{{super-super big hug}}}

I rarely drop in blogs anymore, been pretty busy IRL (had a big life change this year) but I happened to glance in this morning and it looks like it was at just the right time too. :)

I hope everything brightens up soon for you and things start to feel more like 'home' where you are now, and your family is doing good.

Stay warm and take care,
Donna

Amy C said...

Ohhh, Donna...Ohhh, Donna! (you know, like the song? LOL)

Good morning, Donna!

((Big hugs, right back attcha!))

You are one I miss visiting all the time. I'm glad you popped in. Life changes can be tough to deal with, but when you want it, it's not so bad. Making the first step is the hardest, but as you go it gets easier. A few bumps in the road but nothing you can't climb over.

You're in Texas, you're staying warm! It's definitely warmer down here than NY :)

Blodeuedd said...

And I miss you! *hugs* And I miss visiting your blog. It is so empty without you.

*hugs*

I wish you all the best and that you find that place where you belong now.

And perhaps come back to blogging *wink wink* I miss my fantasy buddy

Amy C said...

Awww, B, you're so sweet! I miss sharing fantasy books too. I haven't read anything new lately. Got any good suggestions? :)

I'm gonna do my best to start hangin around more often.

((Hugs)) and I hope things are well for you! Didn't you get married? I did see that on Facebook, right?

The_Book_Queen said...

I can imagine the feeling, knowing that your home is no longer yours. It would be tough. I've been lucky so far, living in the same house I grew up in as a child, but I know that it might not always be so. I think if/when the time came that I'd have to move away--and worse sell the house--I'd cry for the rest of my life. It means so much to me...

It's been a while since we've heard from you, especially since up until a few months ago I was on a break from blogging myself and didn't check any of blogs during that time. It's nice to know that you are doing alright, even if it's been tough at times. That's life, right? We may not always like it, and it's definitely not always easy and comfy, but that's the way it is.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Enjoy,
TBQ

Amy C said...

Hey TBQ,

You are so right, it's tough at times, but when you know you are doing the right thing to make your life better, it makes it easier to deal with.

I would hope you never have to leave your home for any reason. That house in NY was the longest place I ever lived. There are memories there I wish to never think of again, but there are other memories that I cherish everyday. We move and start over and make new memories. I'm with family that I love and are extremely supportive. It helps getting through difficult times when you have that.

Thank you for stopping by!

Blodeuedd said...

Married? I? Do not tell BF that then he will get jealous ;) So nope, but we have been together for 3 years.

Hm...oh yes The Riyria Revelations by Michael j Sullivan and anything by Brandon Sanderson :O=

Amy C said...

It must have been just when you two were moving in together then :) I don't know why I thought marriage. Don't want to make the BF jealous!

I do want to read something by Sanderson. I've looked at his books several times. One day I'll buy one and try it. The other I will have to look into!

Tracy said...

Hi Honey!

It sounds like you've been through some big life changes lately. I give you a big cyber hug {{hug}} and tell you to hang in there. Life likes to throw challenges in our way - hopefully they're nothing we can't deal with eventually.

I miss you too and wish you well!

Amy C said...

Hi Tracy,

Yes, ma'am, some pretty big ones. Thank you :) It's been different, but so far nothing I haven't been able to handle. It's felt like it a time or two...one day at a time, that's what I'm told, so that's what I try to do.

((Hugs))

Miss reading about your girls. I need to visit more often :)

Lori said...

Making big changes like those you've been through is so difficult.

It sounds like you're on the road to a more comfortable you, and I'm so glad for you!

Hang in there!

Julie at Outlandish Dreaming said...

Amy - my Geurnsey gal! It's so good to see a post from you, thank you for the update. Life's tough sometimes, I'm glad you're managing and it will only get easier from herein.

Happy holidays and hang in there!

Julie

Amy C said...

Hey Lori,

You couldn't have said it better...a more comfortable me. It feels good. I've felt more like me, or at least someone I'd rather be than the person I was for so long.

Thank you :)

Amy C said...

Hey Julie! My Guernsey Gal! That made me smile. Do you know I still have not gotten that book back yet! It is still out there, but I hope to be getting it back real soon. Just emailed the lady who has it this morning with my new address and she said she'll have it on the way real soon. It's been out there over 2 1/2 years now. That is just crazy, but awesome :)

Anna said...

Hi Amy,

I was thrilled to see your post pop up in my feed. We've all missed you. I cherish our friendship dearly and even though I'm miles away I'll always be there for you. :)

(((HUGS)))

Amy C said...

Hey Anna,

Miles away we may be, but close to my heart you will always be :). Thank you, Anna. You are an amazing friend and I love you!

Hugs!

Christine said...

Aw, Amy. You're so very welcome and I thank you for being the same supportive friend to me because you've certainly been a shoulder for me to cry on a few times, too. That's what friends are for. xo

So nice to see your post. : )

Dottie (Tink's Place) said...

Hi Amy!!

Really miss you sweetie! I think about you all the time, wonder how you are, how Devin is....how's everything going??

If you ever need to talk, or just have someone listen, you know where I am.

So happy to have as a friend.

(((big hugs)))

Dottie :)