Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Books Have a New Home...

I haven't blogged in some time. It was a difficult transition moving from New York to Tennessee. But it seems things are going really well now. We bought a house in June. It's a beautiful house, everyone loves it. We've all made it home. I don't think any one is really missing New York anymore. We've all adjusted quite nicely. It was very strange, though, not having any snow through the winter, and not all those bitter, cold temperatures. But I loved it! I missed the snow around Christmas, but after that, I loved not having it.

It's such a good feeling to have my books back out and in their own space. There for awhile I thought they would forever be in boxes, packed away in some storage unit, collecting all sorts of different bugs. When we looked at the house, as soon as I walked upstairs and saw the little nook, I thought what a perfect spot to turn into a library room. I don't have all my books out. There's still about four boxes packed, but that's okay. I have out my favorites and then some. One day I might have to do some re-hanging of the shelves so I can add another row to the one side. I didn't realize I could hang them four high on the wall until after I hung them. Now all I need is a recliner up there.


 
 


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy you do have a beautiful house and home.
I love your library room, it's a very comfortable "nook". But mostly I love it because it is full of new to me books to read!

Aunt Judy

Amy C said...

And you and Angie have been reading the heck out of them! I get excited every time you two pick up another book. It's great having someone to share them with.

The_Book_Queen said...

Hi Amy! Long time, no see. LOL. :D

Okay, as I said to another reader earlier this week when they showed off their new bookshelves--I would *kill* for your library nook! :D I have no room anymore for my books, and the poor things are stacked on floors and in corners, ontop of shelves, in closets, under beds...it's a nightmare! I need a whole house just to, well, house my books. When I buy my dream home, probably years down the road, I refuse to buy if there isn't the perfect room I can convert into a library.

Glad to see you back, I hope you'll be continuing to post?

Enjoy!
TBQ
TBQ's Book Palace

Anna said...

Love your new library nook. I think I said this a on FB, but I'm glad to see you got some of your books out of storage. :)

Amy C said...

Hey there, Miss Book Queen! It has been a long time :) Glad to see you stop by.

I can only imagine how many books I would have piled up here and there if I never parted with any of them over the years! Sometimes I wish I had kept them all just to see how many there would be and what it would look like having them all out.

One day I hope you do get that special room where you can have all of your books proudly displayed.

I plan on hangin around, keeping up on whats going on around the blogs again :)

Amy C said...

Thank you, Anna! You did comment on FB when I posted a few pictures.

(My thoughts are with your kitty)

Lori said...

Love the new library nook! And welcome back! You've been missed :)

Glad you all are all feeling more settled in now. I hope we'll see you in blogland more often!

Amy C said...

Thank you, Lori. I've miss you all too! I hope to be around more often :)

Anonymous said...

Well I have to say that I probably like your book room more then anyone! It has brought me several hours of enjoyment. Thank you!

Christine said...

Love your personal library space!!! That's one way to get back into the reading groove--having them within reach!

Would you believe most of my paperbacks--probably 90% of them are STILL in boxes in my closet since our construction over three years ago? Yep. I go digging through them once in a while for something in the TBR and get all excited to catch up on some favorites.

Happy reading and glad to see you around. xo

Amy C said...

You are very welcome, my dear Angela! When you say anyone, does that include me as well??

Amy C said...

Hi Christine! It is definitely motivation for me having them within reach again.

I can't believe yours are still in boxes :). Do you have a place where you can have them?

And I do think I'll stick around for awhile :)

Blodeuedd said...

Very nice :D