Friday, August 31, 2012

Tattoofest...His and Hers

It's been a tattoofest the last year :). I posted last year right after I got my Book Wyrm tattoo and shared some pictures. Shortly after we moved down to TN, I made an appointment with the lady who did my brother-in-law's tattoos, Tai. She is an awesome lady. She did my vine and the cover-up flower on the inside of my ankle in August and September last year. It took two sittings. The first one was for the outline, then back in for the color. It took her about four hours each sitting. I love it! People are all the time complimenting me on the color. Only occasionally do I get dirty looks...well, it could be more often, I just don't much care what others think :). Devin likes to bring it to my attention if someone is looking at it with disgust, though. 


Back in October, me and my cousin Angela got matching tattoos on our ankles. We're both Scorpios so we had a lady in Bowling Green tattoo us. It was fun getting something done with her. Her and my aunt live with me now. I'll have to blog about them one of these days. I love them. It's so nice having my family around me.



One day I will have more :). I still would love to do the top part of my leg. I had made an appointment back in May to have a nice piece added on my outer thigh to flow into the vines, but I cancelled it and had her do the little dragonfly instead. Figured I didn't need to spend that much money with buying the house. I'm hoping maybe in the Spring I can get more.

 Shawn also had Tai design a tattoo for his arm. He didn't realize that her idea would wind up being a full half sleeve until after she got started on it. It's pretty darn cool though. I think it took about 3 or 4 sittings. She's very detail oriented and loves her colors!




Hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Anna said...

Awesome tattoos!

The_Book_Queen said...

Very nice! :) I don't think I could ever get one; I hate needles, period. lol. But if I did, I'm sure it would be something bookish. :D

Enjoy!
TBQ

Amy C said...

Thank you, Anna and BQ :)

I'd say I'm not that afraid of needles. Everything else I would still like to get done is book related :) I'd like to get some books, old style, with the faded leather look...someday.

Mariann at Belles Book Bag said...

Hey Amy,
New follower and thanks for following me!! Love your tattoo!!! I want one so bad but I am too chicken~afraid of the pain!!! LOL Maybe someday!! :)
Oh, and I love the new space for your books~perfect. Have a great rest of the weekend!! :)

Amy C said...

Your welcome, Mariann, and thank you also!

It was quite painful, but in the end, it was all worth it. I think the healing is more painful than getting the actual tattoo. It gets very difficult to walk the first week or so getting something so large on the leg, lots of swelling and painful tightness.

And it's a good feeling knowing my books are back out on their shelves rather than stuck in boxes!

Christine said...

I remember seeing the first set of photos on facebook, but these pictures are even better. Not to mention you've had more done. And wow! The detail and coloring is amazing!!! While not for me, I love admiring people's tattoos. If I ever got one it would be tiny. Like the size of a quarter. LOL!