Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lusting for Covers

This meme is hosted by TBQ @ TBQ's Book Palace.
 

****************************************
 
 I don't know if it's the image on the cover or the title of the book that makes me want to have this one. I think it's the title...The Iron Wyrm Affair...It just sounds cool. And the description sounds really good too....a sorceress and a mentath...yup, sounds pretty good to me!

 
The Iron Wyrm Affair
Lilith Saintcrow
Book 1 - Bannon and Clare
August 2012

Emma Bannon, forensic sorceress in the service of the Empire, has a mission: to protect Archibald Clare, a failed, unregistered mentath. His skills of deduction are legendary, and her own sorcery is not inconsiderable. It doesn't help much that they barely tolerate each other, or that Bannon's Shield, Mikal, might just be a traitor himself. Or that the conspiracy killing registered mentaths and sorcerers alike will just as likely kill them as seduce them into treachery toward their Queen. 

In an alternate London where illogical magic has turned the Industrial Revolution on its head, Bannon and Clare now face hostility, treason, cannon fire, black sorcery, and the problem of reliably finding hansom cabs.
The game is afoot..

7 comments:

Mariann at Belles Book Bag said...

Great cover!! I haven't read any steam punk books but I might have to chance that with this one!! It sounds really good~I will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing. Have a great rest of the weekend. :)

My L4C: http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/09/lusting-for-covers-drive-me-wild-by.html

C.S. Maxwell said...

Wicked cover-never heard of this one.
Here is my L4C:
http://csmaxwell.blogspot.com/2012/09/lusting-for-covers-checkmate-neighbor.html

Amy C said...

Thanks, Mariann. I've been wanting to read something by Lilith Saintcrow, and this sounds like a good starting place for me.


Hey C.S.
I stumbled across this one browsing amazon. It was the title that first caught my eye, but the cover is pretty awesome too.

Thanks for stopping by :)

The_Book_Queen said...

Hi Amy! :)

Oh, love! Thanks for sharing--adding it to my list right away! I don't believe I've read any of Lilith's books, but I *think* I have one of her previous ones on my list, not sure? And I agree, the title and summary both sound great, too!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Enjoy,
TBQ
TBQ's Book Palace

Wickedly Delicious said...

Hi new follower. Great pick. Love this cover. I have never heard of Lilith Saintcrow. I have been wanting to read a steam punk novel. Love the sound of this one.

Have a great weekend
My L4C

Amy C said...

Hey Wickedly Delicious, thanks for stopping by and checking out my cover. I sure hope its a good book if you and BQ decide to add it to your reading list. It does sound good.

Christine said...

I love this cover too! The book sounds good--hope you like it! :)