Thursday, September 27, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday - Diana Pharaoh Francis

Ooops, this was supposed to post yesterday...

BLOOD WINTER
By Diana Pharaoh Francis
Book 4 - Horngate Witches
Release Date -
December 26, 2012
Set in apocalyptic America and featuring a magically enslaved heroine who is “a riveting mixture of guts, compassion, and furious anger as she struggles with a world coming apart at the seams” (Romantic Times), the fourth in a dynamic dark urban fantasy series unlike anything you’ve ever read before.
Winter is coming to Montana and Shadowblade warrior Max is expecting trouble. People are hoarding everything. They are banding together, many flocking to the congregation of Sterling Savage, a fire-and-brimstone preacher. A charismatic cult leader who claims to be the Hand of God, he’s determined to create a human utopia and destroy all magic, starting with witches.

Unbeknownst to him, the “divine” voice he’s been hearing isn’t God but a demon that feeds on hate, death, and destruction. Savage is the perfect puppet for the demon’s ambitions. Max and her people at Horngate are all that stand in its way, and they are woefully unprepared.

Conducting terrible, bloody ceremonies to boost his own power and that of the demon riding him, Savage starts a war between his congregants and two other powerful gangs in the city, fighting for food, fuel, clothing and territory. When he manages to capture Max’s niece, brother, and several teenagers from Horngate, Max tries to free them but finds that Savage has twisted their minds. They worship him—even her brother, who is a witch and whom Savage intends to burn at the stake. Going undercover in the cult compound, Max swiftly realizes just how seductive Savage is. His charisma is reinforced with magic. His followers adore him and will do anything for him. Anything.

But courage, loyalty, and friendship are powerful forces—and Max doesn’t like to lose.


 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 I just started reading this series. I bought the first book when it released a few years ago, Bitter Night, because I followed her Crosspointe series, so I thought I would try this series as well. I never did read it, but for whatever reason, perhaps something different to read, I thought it time I pick it up and give it a try. It has great reviews and I really enjoyed the Crosspointe series (Still waiting for another book !) So far, I am enjoying it.



I also have her other books in the Path series. I haven't read them either. I need to remedy that too.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine
.
Ain't he sweet?

9 comments:

Christine said...

Love the cover to that new one coming out. The kick ass pose, the knife, the snow!

Burun Estetiği said...

I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. Its amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often...Diplomasburun estetigi

Rinoplasti said...

New to this blog and looking forward to posting some useful info. Also enjoyed what is posted so far. Thanks to everyone.Rinoplasti

Gebelik said...

The cavalcade is absolute informative. It is a amusement account it. I acquire aswell bookmarked you for blockage out new posts. Renewable activity
Gebelik

Yüz Germe said...

The best information I have read about this is right here. Keep going Thank you
Yüz Germe

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing..

Burun Estetiği said...

wow… that really i need
Burun Estetiği

septorinoplasti said...

Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.
Septorinoplasti

Storage beds said...

Very informational content.
Storage beds